Comic Book and Superhero movie & TV discussion.

Bellenda Carlisle

I would so love that to be the case, and that the cast were also aware. That would mean Dave's rantings were just him keeping kayfabe, which is another reason he's awesome. 

Edit : I mean Gunn never actually being off the film behind closed doors, rather than Dave leaving.

Edited by Bicurious Dad

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Bicurious Dad said:

I would so love that to be the case, and that the cast were also aware. That would mean Dave's rantings were just him keeping kayfabe, which is another reason he's awesome. 

Edit : I mean Gunn never actually being off the film behind closed doors, rather than Dave leaving.

I bet everyone knew except Big Dave. 

The rumours are that this has been announced now as the Fox deal is about to close and they may have had issue with him staying. I agree I think he never officially left they just had to let the dust settle and wait for more controversy to take centre stage.

Thanks Michael Jackson!

Took my 5 year old daughter to see Captain Marvel. She was a bit scared and confused for the first half of the movie but everything seemed to click with the Skrull reveal and she absolutely loved it after that. Got marched straight into the Disney shop for merch once the credits rolled.

I honestly take shit like the manbaby trolling of films like this and the new Star Wars films as an attack on my little girl. Like some privileged little fuck is going to try and kill movies because he doesn't think a girl should be included in the fun. Boils my piss.

Anyway, I enjoyed it a whole bunch as well. One of the better origin stories in the MCU. There were a couple of music cues that nearly had my eyes rolling out the back of my head but that's a comparatively minor thing.

• Paid Members
37 minutes ago, BrodyGraham said:

Took my 5 year old daughter to see Captain Marvel. She was a bit scared and confused for the first half of the movie but everything seemed to click with the Skrull reveal and she absolutely loved it after that. Got marched straight into the Disney shop for merch once the credits rolled.

I honestly take shit like the manbaby trolling of films like this and the new Star Wars films as an attack on my little girl. Like some privileged little fuck is going to try and kill movies because he doesn't think a girl should be included in the fun. Boils my piss.

Anyway, I enjoyed it a whole bunch as well. One of the better origin stories in the MCU. There were a couple of music cues that nearly had my eyes rolling out the back of my head but that's a comparatively minor thing.

I recorded a podcast about Captain Marvel last night with someone who said the film was forcing feminism in your face. I didn’t get that at all. Did I miss the message? 

As a general rule comic books and sci-fi films tended to attract sad virgins. These same neckbeard basement dwelling saddos are either gate keeping twats or men's right cunts. I kind of wish they did  Kamala Khan as Ms Marvel in a stand alone film, having a female Muslim as a main character would cause them to fucking explode.

1018316866.jpg

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I recorded a podcast about Captain Marvel last night with someone who said the film was forcing feminism in your face. I didn’t get that at all. Did I miss the message? 

When you regret calling Brie Larson a tit so try to prove how woke you are.

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said:

When you regret calling Brie Larson a tit so try to prove how woke you are.

When you use woke in an argument and end up looking a tit in the progress.

It’s easy to separate the actor from the character. He just happened to hate both equally. She’s said some dubious things but a little bit of research shows some of those things have been taken out of context and we’ve already had that discussion on here earlier this week. Anyway, thanks for your input and have a great weekend 

• Paid Members
32 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

When you use woke in an argument and end up looking a tit in the progress.

It’s easy to separate the actor from the character. He just happened to hate both equally. She’s said some dubious things but a little bit of research shows some of those things have been taken out of context and we’ve already had that discussion on here earlier this week.

No we didn't. You said she was a tit and was asked why and then went all Dave from The Fast Show and slunk away from the discussion with a vague suggestion that you were a changed man over her or some such crap. You never said why you thought that.

• Paid Members
25 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

No we didn't. You said she was a tit and was asked why and then went all Dave from The Fast Show and slunk away from the discussion with a vague suggestion that you were a changed man over her or some such crap. You never said why you thought that.

I unfortunately don’t get the Dave from Fast Show reference. But I explained what I had seen/read to make say that (mainly about go fund me’s) and shared some links. This turned into a whole discussion about toxic fandoms and that awful term social justice warriors and I think snowflakes. I said I had seen a very biased set of things said about her, and missed some of the positive things she had done such as attending screenings to meet fans and how that had not been as widely reported as all the shit things she’s allegedly said. I did maintain from the get go she’s a good actress and that she was great as Captain Marvel.

But I’ll admit me saying she was at tit was stupid and made me look stupid. However, I do think you can enjoy an actor and not like the person. Case in point, as great his roles in parks and recs and the Guardians of the Galaxy films are, Chris Pratt is a trump and gun lover and I’m not a fan of him.

sorry, it’s 3am, my Autistic kid has woken up as if it was 8am and Ive been awake almost 24 hours at this point so I think I’ve made sense

Objectively though, some of the female empowerment themes in the film are blatant but that's because it's a Marvel film. They don't do subtle, so if you are of a type to have a problem with a lady leading your superhero film then I can absolutely see why you would feel like it's smacking you in the face. I just don't understand why that was such a surprise, and why despite knowing that they still went to see it with the knowledge it would offend them so. Well, that's not true I understand full well. Marvel fans, like wrestling fans (the ones who live predominantly on the internet) are toxic and entitled.

They don't want ladies leading *their* movies, much like they don't want their movies to be made for other racial groups, because their movies should be for them and anything else is just wrong and *pandering to outraged minorities* not realising that they themselves are the worst outraged minority. Just like their wrestling fan equivalents though they make little difference to the bottom line, because despite their moaning they still, and always will buy a ticket.

3 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

But I’ll admit me saying she was at tit was stupid and made me look stupid. However, I do think you can enjoy an actor and not like the person. Case in point, as great his roles in parks and recs and the Guardians of the Galaxy films are, Chris Pratt is a trump and gun lover and I’m not a fan of him.

He's a conservative and advocates hunting, to call him a Trump and Gun lover, well that's a leap only made by...wait for it...biased articles on the internet! You explain away your comments on Larson and then make the exact same type of remarks about Pratt. If you can find some comments or statements by him which actually show his opinion as Pro Trump or anti gun control laws then that'll give it some weight, otherwise it's again the sort of character assassination put out there from people with an agenda.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Bicurious Dad said:

Objectively though, some of the female empowerment themes in the film are blatant but that's because it's a Marvel film. They don't do subtle, so if you are of a type to have a problem with a lady leading your superhero film then I can absolutely see why you would feel like it's smacking you in the face. I just don't understand why that was such a surprise, and why despite knowing that they still went to see it with the knowledge it would offend them so. Well, that's not true I understand full well. Marvel fans, like wrestling fans (the ones who live predominantly on the internet) are toxic and entitled.

They don't want ladies leading *their* movies, much like they don't want their movies to be made for other racial groups, because their movies should be for them and anything else is just wrong and *pandering to outraged minorities* not realising that they themselves are the worst outraged minority. Just like their wrestling fan equivalents though they make little difference to the bottom line, because despite their moaning they still, and always will buy a ticket.

He's a conservative and advocates hunting, to call him a Trump and Gun lover, well that's a leap only made by...wait for it...biased articles on the internet! You explain away your comments on Larson and then make the exact same type of remarks about Pratt. If you can find some comments or statements by him which actually show his opinion as Pro Trump or anti gun control laws then that'll give it some weight, otherwise it's again the sort of character assassination put out there from people with an agenda.

Maybe because I find I’m against this myself but this is awful https://www.outdoorlife.com/blogs/hunting/2012/02/interview-chris-pratt-talks-about-hunting-tanning-and-squirrels

his 30-40 gun collection  is discussed here https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/tv/a32814/chris-pratt-interview-0914/

The Trump thing has been rumoured for years, and thought as one of the reasons his marriage broke down. A lot of his co-stars are publicly anti-trump. Which probably fuels these rumours, as did articles like this https://people.com/celebrity/chris-pratt-says-he-wants-to-help-bridge-political-division-i-dont-feel-we-have-to-be-at-war-with-each-other/

his faith can be a little jarring. While he’s always been very openly Christian and religious, as is his new fiancée, this has also sparked criticism of late due to the church he affiliates with https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/02/12/is-chris-pratts-evangelical-church-really-welcoming-to-lgbtq-people/amp/