Bellenda Carlisle

Comic Book and Superhero movie & TV discussion.

16 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

I'd imagine that it'll be decent.  If nothing else, Willis must be due a decent film by the law of averages.

I'm just hoping he doesn't ruin it being all listless and clearly resenting every line. It's the best we can hope for, these days.

The trailer is brilliant.

Edited by ColinBollocks

Finally caught infinity war. It's good but not great. This is the price of having too many well established characters in one film. I also dislike the announcement of other films preceding infinity war as it detracts from the drama.

Still, Thor is easily the best thing about the MCU.

I remember a while ago lamenting at the number of Batman origin stories we’d had after it was played out again in BvS and suggesting a new story might be interesting, say an origin story of Alfred, his time in the SAS before become the Waynes’ butler; basically come up with and tell stories that hadn’t been told before.

Someone vehemently disagreed with me (can’t remember who and search is turning up no results for “Pennyworth”) but I give you…

https://www.cbr.com/batman-pennyworth-casts-jack-bannon/

That's very cool.  Gotham is for my money by far the best of the recent D.C. adaptations, so another series by the same guys would be good.

Gotham is ending after this last, fifth series and it's a real shame.  My idle dream was that they'd just spin it out into some decent movies where all the backstory is death with and we can just have some cool action.  In particular, their Joker was worth a big screen look.

Love Gotham, the fact they kept moving the show to different air days from Season 3 onwards was a shame as you knew it would get cancelled sooner or later, the final season has what, 10 episodes? Compared to the previous 4 seasons having 20+ 

Gotham got excellent the moment they shipped out Jada, and went full on villain backstory. Its a fun watch, and all of the villains are well cast. They really nailed them all.

So WB has confirmed that BOTH Cavill and Affleck are out as the DC big two going forth, and the Flash movie won't now start production till late next year, due to Ezra Miller's commitments to the Fantastic Beasts series of which the third film starts shooting in July, meaning it won't hit the big screen til 2021. Also oddly the 60's Batmobile has been spotted on the set of the Joker movie, even though it's set long before Bruce Wayne even becomes the Bat

Can't find concrete confirmation on that but I've got my my suicide note ready just in case. I'm quick to defend the DC films but there were issues with them, the casting of those two definitely wasn't one of them though.I'll be gutted if we never once get Batfleck in his own film fighting his own baddies.

I'm a few episodes in to the new series of Daredevil, it was a bit slow to get going but now I'm tempted to call in sick to work and ruin my life just to carry on watching it.

Are there as many stairwell ninja fights?  If they've toned that down I'm in.

9 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

Are there as many stairwell ninja fights?  If they've toned that down I'm in.

I’m four episodes in, zero ninjas so far! It’s really good stuff, the most I’ve enjoyed Marvel Netflix since Daredevil season 1.