Comic Book and Superhero movie & TV discussion.

Bellenda Carlisle

• Paid Members

Venom was awesome! Really enjoyed it, the humour worked so well, much better than you'd think from the trailer. It's essentially a Sci Fi horror about a fuckup with a hilarious cool monster attached to him.  Enjoyed it way more than a good few of the recent MCU ones that are all starting to feel too samey. 

• Paid Members

http://www.darkhorizons.com/gunn-to-pen-maybe-direct-suicide-squad-2/

James Gunn in talks to take over Suicide Squad, apparently offered free reign to do whatever he wants.  It would he a great move for everyone I think. Batista has already said he wants to follow him to DC, not hard to find a job for Big Dave in a comic book film.

Well it looks like Willis and Jackson are actually giving a shit in this film. They have to be. McAvoy is a powerhouse in Split and it looks like he's bringing it again. They also seem to care about the film. Jackson has been on about a sequel for years apparently.

Unbreakable is still a top film. Best thing M Nights done

• Paid Members

I've waited nearly twenty years for this, and that ending to Split ruined my normally placid disposition to the point where I grabbed my missus' head and started shaking it side to side in the cinema when the realisation kicked in as to what exactly was going on after the initial shock and confusion over why the Unbreakable theme was playing.

That ending was Shyamalans' greatest trick. Even more so than the Sixth Sense reveal, and Glass is my most anticipated movie in a long, long, long time.

Edited by Scott Malbranque

• Paid Members
16 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

I'd imagine that it'll be decent.  If nothing else, Willis must be due a decent film by the law of averages.

I'm just hoping he doesn't ruin it being all listless and clearly resenting every line. It's the best we can hope for, these days.

The trailer is brilliant.

Edited by ColinBollocks

• Paid Members

I remember a while ago lamenting at the number of Batman origin stories we’d had after it was played out again in BvS and suggesting a new story might be interesting, say an origin story of Alfred, his time in the SAS before become the Waynes’ butler; basically come up with and tell stories that hadn’t been told before.

Someone vehemently disagreed with me (can’t remember who and search is turning up no results for “Pennyworth”) but I give you…

https://www.cbr.com/batman-pennyworth-casts-jack-bannon/

That's very cool.  Gotham is for my money by far the best of the recent D.C. adaptations, so another series by the same guys would be good.

Gotham is ending after this last, fifth series and it's a real shame.  My idle dream was that they'd just spin it out into some decent movies where all the backstory is death with and we can just have some cool action.  In particular, their Joker was worth a big screen look.

So WB has confirmed that BOTH Cavill and Affleck are out as the DC big two going forth, and the Flash movie won't now start production till late next year, due to Ezra Miller's commitments to the Fantastic Beasts series of which the third film starts shooting in July, meaning it won't hit the big screen til 2021. Also oddly the 60's Batmobile has been spotted on the set of the Joker movie, even though it's set long before Bruce Wayne even becomes the Bat