Comic Book and Superhero movie & TV discussion.

Bellenda Carlisle

From the various trailer breakdowns online, several have identified the jets used as in use around the mid-80s, but the train scene later as mid-90s, so it looks like there'll be some serious time-hopping, both within the main storyline and the flashbacks Marvel will be going through herself.

There's a chance that whatever happens in Captain Marvel will lead to Fury losing his eye, gaining a massive distrust/fear of outer space threats and telling Marvel to never come back to Earth, or she'll go to defend the Earth herself. However betrayed Fury may feel though, no doubt he'll have kept his beeper on him, just in case. And that's discounting any quantum doodads or shenanigans the studio shoe-horn in as possible explanations for her absence.

• Paid Members

There is also the possibility that

Thanos wiping out half the life in the universe has prompted her to come back, and that, until that point, she's been ignoring Fury's signals during past crises.

• Paid Members

I wish someone would fucking stab David Ayer, I don't hate Suicide Squad as much as lots of people but it certainly has its faults. He did more damage to the DC cinematic universe than anyone with some of the terrible decisions he made on that film though. The thing that bothers me is that he's backtracked on every one of them and apologised, it makes me sick. Like he's trying to look cool by slagging off his own film after no one liked his stupid decisions, the damage is done David you shit twat.

• Paid Members
On 9/20/2018 at 12:00 PM, Teedy Kay said:

Considering the obvious importance of Mar Vell in the film, Jude Law barely featured.

Trailer 1s are always somewhat vague.

I don't think Marvel have said he is actually playing Mar Vell, have they? I wouldn't be shocked if they used her newer origin (or changed it all together) and the rumours that he's playing Yon-Rogg and is the main baddie, are true. 

• Paid Members
On 9/20/2018 at 8:04 AM, Teedy Kay said:

My 7 year old daughter is super hyped for Captain Marvel, the potential for a lass leading The Avengers has her so excited. And with that Marvel are gonna make a bucket load from this film.

My 8yo daughter is also really excited for this. In theory Captain Marvel should be THE biggest superhero of 2019. The genre could really do with this, a female lead in a hugely successful Marvel movie. Black Widow is good, but she's not marketable enough nor taken centre stage.

• Paid Members
45 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

My 8yo daughter is also really excited for this. In theory Captain Marvel should be THE biggest superhero of 2019. The genre could really do with this, a female lead in a hugely successful Marvel movie. Black Widow is good, but she's not marketable enough nor taken centre stage.

She's marketable enough, but not for a major film, as she's already been around for several films as a midcarder. No way anybody's buying her in the main event.

Marvel are clearly doing something different with the MCU: Captain Marvel's powerful, but not all-powerful in the comics, but clearly they've decided they need to have their own movie version of Superman, and personally I'm looking forward to this.

I found out a bit of personal trivia: Brie Larson is exactly one decade younger than myself - same birthday! Also, Dizzee Rascal, Julie Andrews, and Randy Quaid. On the "bit crappy" side of things, also Jimmy Carter, Keith Duffy, and (exact same day) Curtis Axel.

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, PunkStep said:

I mentioned to my girls the idea that was being bandied about regarding a potential all female team being formed and Black Widow playing a key role in that team. They were both nonplussed by that idea, until my youngest asked if She-Hulk could be in it, then they both got excited.

• 2 weeks later...