Comic Book and Superhero movie & TV discussion.

Bellenda Carlisle

• Paid Members

This is like my 4th topic about Superhero movies, sorry I'm obsessed but thought you might want to see these.

gl.jpg

thortrio.jpg

Green Lantern's suit will be entirely CG for the whole film, it's all post production, on the set Ryan Reynolds is just wearing a grey bodysuit with light markers on it. I don't want to sound like a fag but I think it's a shame they did that with GL's suit because Ryan Reynolds definitely has the physique to wear skintight lycra. I hope it looks better in the movie than on that pic.

that picture of Thor pisses me off, I know Hopkins is a big star but having him massive with Thor looking scared in the background with his hammer drooping down is no way to reveal a character as intense as thor, also Thor doesn't have bare arms, WTF? is that dude even muscular enough to play Thor? Also all the armour looks cheap and I hope Thor and Loki wear helmets in the film like they do in the comic.

Why does Thor look scared? He should be gritting his teeth and swinging his hammer!

Edited by Call me Bellend

• Paid Members
gl.jpg

Green Lantern's suit will be entirely CG for the whole film, it's all post production, on the set Ryan Reynolds is just wearing a grey bodysuit with light markers on it. I don't want to sound like a fag but I think it's a shame they did that with GL's suit because Ryan Reynolds definitely has the physique to wear skintight lycra. I hope it looks better in the movie than on that pic.

Is the design essentially a bodysuit with glowing "veins" running through it? If so, why the need for CGI? CGI is still not quite perfect, so there's a high probability that it'll still have that overly-anthropomorphic CGI look to it, and it's needlessly time consuming.

What are your thoughts on the new Green Hornet movie?

• Paid Members
gl.jpg

Is the design essentially a bodysuit with glowing "veins" running through it? If so, why the need for CGI? CGI is still not quite perfect, so there's a high probability that it'll still have that overly-anthropomorphic CGI look to it, and it's needlessly time consuming.

What are your thoughts on the new Green Hornet movie?

I'm pretty sure they'll have GL's costume change and do all sorts of weird shit, not just have green veins on it.

I think Green Hornet's a pretty boring character and I don't really like Seth Rogen (apart from in observe & report) so I'm not too pumped for it, I was moreso when Nic Cage was attached as the villain because he's my favourite. I'll still go to see it because now there's a standard set by films like Spider-Man, Iron Man and Batman Begins I'm sure at least it'll try to be interesting or action packed or funny.

Also I see all these movies at the cinema because I'm obsessed with them.

Do you know something about Green Hornet I don't? is there some secret reason it will be awesome?

• Paid Members
Do you know something about Green Hornet I don't? is there some secret reason it will be awesome?

I don't have much faith in it being awesome, as I find Seth Rogan particularly unlikable, and I worry that we'll end up with a Jewish Britt Reid that still thinks swearing instantly makes something funny.

• Paid Members
gl.jpg

thortrio.jpg

Something about the Green Lantern mask doesnt look right, dunno what it is, and no idea why they felt the need to have the suit entirely CGI, think it'll be distracting

I like the Thor pic, its obviously trying to play up the dynamic between the 3 characters. According to Den of Geek they are apparently making it so that Loki and Thor are not just half brothers and that their relationship with their father is quite a key part of Thor being banished. The actual Thor costume im still not keen on, i dont like the armour mesh on the arms, it looks rubbery and agree that Thor needs his helmet

• Paid Members
Believe me, I'm not in Narnia, I'm a straight man...and happily so, but I would let Ryan Reynolds brick in my mouth.

Hannibal King, Deadpool, and the Green Lantern. What a man he is...

He also does unspeakable things to Scarlett Johansson inbetween all of that. Phwoar!

• Paid Members

ewbigcover.jpg

Better quality (ridiculously massive pic) of GL

I'm no fag either (sorry hitman) but if anyone would change me it probably would be him.

I've got a feeling Green Lantern will be really good, I think DC comics have a lot to prove after all the successful great Marvel movies, DC's only hits in the last 20 years have been the Batman ones.

• Paid Members

Please tell me Reynolds is playing Kyle Rayner - he's so perfectly suited to play him, plus KR is so much more entertaining than Hal Jordan.

Also, I agree about the suit. I was hoping they'd go for that swish ski-type that Rayner used to wear.

• Paid Members
Please tell me Reynolds is playing Kyle Rayner - he's so perfectly suited to play him, plus KR is so much more entertaining than Hal Jordan.

Also, I agree about the suit. I was hoping they'd go for that swish ski-type that Rayner used to wear.

He'll be Hal Jordan (who I must confess along with Guy Gardner is the only GL I really know)