Your childhood wrestling promotions

The Reverend

Me and my brother had a massive fed made up of not just wrestling figures but pretty much every action figures we had from when we were younger. Instead of a ring we just used a big blue toybox with a He-Man ladder up the side as the solitary

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

MDH85 your fed sounds awesome! so creative, here's my fave

The main eventers were mostly BraveStar figures cos they were really big and poseable. We rechristened Handlebar (the green skinned barkeeper) as Ricardo, a German psychopath who inexplicably became our top babyface when our stable of Nazis disintegrated. His theme music was just him shouting

I remember me and my mate did a draft before, he was Raw and I was Smackdown!. I got a WWE magazine after the draft, and it had too large stickers, with the Raw roster and the Smackdown one, so I stuck one on both of my rings. I got to pikc a wrestler, then he got to etc... When it was his turn, I was incharge of dloing the music - either by using one of my titantrons (that did the music), by humbing it or by changting the tracks on Forceable Entry CD. Good times...

• Paid Members

I can't remember any specific promotions I ran, but I remember Jake Roberts' figure SMASHING APART when my Hasbro Yokozuna gave him an absolutely perfect belly-to-belly suplex. Every single limb went a different way. I couldn't find his "Punch" arm until five years ago, when I found it right under my room carpet, for some reason. I stepped on his head a few years ago too.

RIP Jake.

I used to play for hours upon hours with my Wrestling Figures.

My Grandad's mate was a joiner and made me a massive wooden ring. It was sturdy as hell and the best toy i ever had as a kid. It was white,with a big black circle in the middle and the apron was decorated with the old style blue WWF trading cards. Very cool,it had wooden turnbuckles and thick bouncy rubber ropes. That ring could take a massive pounding.

My feds were made up of mostly Hasbro's,Galoob WCW figures and old school WWF Bendies.

I had a WCW Vs WWF feud going on,which culminated in "The Million Dollar Gang" consisting of Dibiase,Rhythm and Blues,Andre and Virgil defecting to WCW at my version of Starcade. It was a huge 20 man tag match in the main event,WCW Vs WWF competing for TV rights. Dibiase was about to pin Luger for the win when instead they turned and it was 17 men against Hogan,Savage and Warrior. The 3 WWF guys fought bravely until finally Hogan was tied to the ring post and rammed with Honky Tonk's Caddilac (lovingly crafted from an andrex tissue box). Towards the end of the feud Sting defected to the WWF and brought Sid Vicious with him and they teamed with Hogan in a six man war against WCW's Flair,Dibiase and Andre. The WWF guys won to create one massive promotion called WWFCW.

I then had all the WCW guys start from the bottom and have to work their way up the ranks,Wrestling Jobbers (cheap figures widely available at the time "American Wrestlers" and stuff like that) and earning their contracts/title shots.

I then held WWFCW's first ever PPV called "ONE MAN LIVES" It was a twist on the Royal Rumble. 30 Men,2 start,pinfalls only,everytime a pinfall takes place the next man enters the fray. I had Flair go through 30 men to take the WWFCW title. Everytime he got tired,one of the Million Dollar Gang would help him out with Chairs,Stop signs etc,when Flair pinned Sting after 2 hours of Wrestling the best of the WWFCW roster,he took the title and threw it down,pulling out the WCW title and declaring war again.....Brilliant when i think about it. Like a 10 year old Vince Russo.

Around the time Shawn Michaels went solo and turned heel i marked like hell for him,so i painted my Rockers figure up into the white tights with red trim,and had him join WCW as Flair's apprentice and the man he was going to pass the torch to. Dibiase and Perfect were jealous which led to splits in the WCW camp. Hogan,Dusty and Savage capitalised on this by whispering in the ears of the WCW faction and causing rifts and at that years Summerslam in the "Brawl to end it all" i had a 2 ring war games style match. WWF Vs WCW. Flair,Shawn,Ted and Perfect on the WCW team V Dusty,Hogan,Savage and Warrior on the WWF team. In a shocking twist Savage betrayed his WWF team mates and joined WCW. The splits in the camp were an elabourate roose. WCW won the match and Vince McMahon (Brains from thunderbirds bizarrely) was forced to shut WWF down. I then did a series of angles where Hogan etc were forced to set up the ring,carry the belts,clean the boots of the WCW stars,until Vince finally had had enough and hired "Scorpion Justice" Sting and Sid as hit men. I had them turning up unannounced to WCW matches and laying waste to who ever was in the ring. A bit like the Outsiders.

I really loved playing with my figures,but around 10/11 i started to get into Football and that was the end of it really. I still collect Classic Superstars nowadays,but since my Daughter was born,they are all bubble wrapped and living in my garage. Thinking about selling,but i really dont want or need to.

Great thread guys.

MDH85 your fed sounds awesome! so creative, here's my fave

The main eventers were mostly BraveStar figures cos they were really big and poseable. We rechristened Handlebar (the green skinned barkeeper) as Ricardo, a German psychopath who inexplicably became our top babyface when our stable of Nazis disintegrated. His theme music was just him shouting

My brother has a decent sized wrestling figure collection, which he played with until about 5 or so years ago. My papa built him a cracking wrestling ring for them which was just the right height and width for the 1997 onwards figures. When I was in the house, which was almost all the time, I used to do commentary and promos/angles for my own stable of wrestlers "Team Perfect". My stable was:

Myself (figure of The Rock with black trousers on): The Rock was never used by my brother, so when I decided to get involved he became me. I had two finishers - the Neck Breaker Slam and the Atomic Bomb. The former was a reverse DDT into a British Bulldog style powerslam and the latter was a sit-out powerbomb from the top turnbuckle.

Steve Blackman: My favourite wrestler in 1998. He was sort of co-leader of the stable along with me. Used the "Blackout" (DDT) and "Blackdown" (X-Factor facebuster) as his finish.

"The Bullet": Not Bob Armstrong, but submarine style Headbanger Thrasher. The figure was renamed after his head fell off and then was fixed back on with a large nail, topped off with gold paint on his head as hair. Apparently not the same person as Thrasher, but there were always some Headbangers in-jokes. His character was that of a crazy, unstable but loveable alcoholic. For some reason, his finisher was a snapmare and it was a major shock if anyone ever kicked out of it. He also used a variation of that old oriental staple, the "Beer Mist". His full name was Dr Frank Bullet, although my brother had never heard of the Steve McQueen film "Bullitt".

"The Gunman": Submarine Headbanger Mosh. Unlike The Bullet, he was acknowledged as formerly being a Headbanger. Used the "Gunned-down" as his finish, which was just the Mosh Pit that was used in real life.

"Hans": WCW Jeff Jarrett figure. He couldnt be Jarrett as my brother already had a WWF version. Thus he became a stereotypical German wrestler, complete with ridiculous accent. Used a scissors kick as his finish.

"Northcote" and "Lester": Later additions to the group when my character decided that he needed some general lackeys/interference runners. Northcote was a Shane McMahon figure and probably named after Kevin Northcutt who later wrestled in TNA, although his first name was Dwayne. "Kevin" Lester was a Triple H figure (we had two different ones) and for some reason hialed from Brunswick, Georgia. They were basically given the gimmick of complete losers who were more than willing to help my figure out with his various schemes, including our own versions of the Slick/Ted Dibiase angle from RR 1989 and the Jerry Lawler injury angle from Summerslam 1993 - "You'll have to face my self-appointed court jester, Kevin Lester!!!"

As a unit they were all complete goofballs but they could still wrestle. As well as the members above there were a few additional characters who were all alter egos of myself when I was trying to pull some Midnight Rider/Yellow Dog/Mr America like shenanigans. They were:

Dr Stavrakopoulos: My alleged doctor. Never seen, but would often call the owner/commissioner in an obviously fake attempt to get me out of a difficult match or title defense.

The Super Invader: A masked alter ego of mine, with the name stole from Ray Fernandez short-lived WCW gimmick. It was basically my figure covered up in as many additional items of wrestlers clothing I could find. Normally with a green hood over the figures head and Goldusts robe on, amongst other things.

Mustafa: The second masked alter ego, with the name stolen off the ECW wrestler. Just my figure with a black hood on his head. I cant remember what the hoods were meant to be for in reality, but they must have came with some of the figures when bought.

There's more that I can remember, I'll post it soon if I have time.

I think it is true that we all used Justin Credible as a top star... i remember using him as me (even though i'm not bald) and i awlays seemed to team with the Hardys then have 1 turn on the other :L (normally matt)... but yeah Vince & Ric during the draft bought out my fed LOL

Archived