Premier League 2010/2011 Discussion

NEWM

Man City might sign Torres or Dzeko, United might sign Ozil, Arsenal might sign someone we have heard of and etc etc.

Pretty certain none of those deals will happen. Other than Chelsea signing Ramires, I can't see much more action in the market from the top teams. Balotelli to City at a stretch.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Man City might sign Torres or Dzeko, United might sign Ozil, Arsenal might sign someone we have heard of and etc etc.

Pretty certain none of those deals will happen. Other than Chelsea signing Ramires, I can't see much more action in the market from the top teams. Balotelli to City at a stretch.

Why?

• Paid Members

Why?

Even though im answering someone else's statement, Torres will stay at Liverpool, Dzeko wont go as his club are asking too much, Id imagine Ozil will stay at Bremen so see out his contract, and Arsenal rarely sign anyone more than 50 quid.

1) Chelsea

2) Arsenal

3) Man Utd

4) Man City

5) Liverpool

6) Tottenham

7) Aston Villa

8) Everton

9) Fulham

10) Birmingham City

11) Blackburn

12) Sunderland

13) Stoke

14) West Ham

15) Wigan

16) Newcastle

17) Bolton

18) Wolves

19) West Brom

20) Blackpool

1) Man Utd

2) Chelsea

3) Man City

4) Liverpool

5) Arsenal

6) Tottenham

7) Aston Villa

8) Everton

9) Fulham

10) Birmingham City

11) Stoke City

12) Newcastle Utd

13) Blackburn

14) West Ham

15) Sunderland

16) Bolton

17) Wolves

18) Wigan

19) Blackpool

20) West Brom

I don't really think West Brom will be bottom, I just wanted to stick my neck out and say Blackpool might make a fist of it. Hard to predict down that bottom end actually.

Wow, interesting that as a Sunderland fan you think we'll finish above you (unless you're just pissing about :laugh: ) ...can't say i've seen anything other than confidence from your lot that you're ahead of us now. I'd say you're at least a year ahead of us in progressing your team and club as a whole. Would be very surprised if we finish that high, and indeed, much as it pains me to say it, you lot that low. Hmm we'll see.

Why?

Even though im answering someone else's statement, Torres will stay at Liverpool, Dzeko wont go as his club are asking too much, Id imagine Ozil will stay at Bremen so see out his contract, and Arsenal rarely sign anyone more than 50 quid.

I was more untreated in why he thought there wouldn't be much more activity. I think the market will really pick up once city finish their business.

A bit more of an adventurous go and it might not be right but ive kind of tried to put a few teams right up there jsut as I tink they'll do better than people think this year:

1. Arsenal

2. Man United

3. Chelsea

4. Liverpool

5. Man City

6. Tottenham

7. Aston Villa

8. Birmingham

9. Everton

10. Stoke

11. Blackburn

12. West Ham

13. Fulham

14. Bolton

15. Newcastle

16. Wolves

17. Sunderland

18. Wigan

19. West Brom

20. Blackpool

• Paid Members

1. Man United

2. Chelsea

3. Arsenal

4. Man City

5. Tottenham

6. Aston Villa

7. Everton

8. Liverpool

9. Birmingham City

10. Newcastle

11. Fulham

12. Bolton

13. Blackburn

14. Sunderland

15. Wolves

16. Stoke

17. West Ham

------------------

18. Wigan

19. West Brom

20. Blackpool

Bottom 3 in any order.

1. Man Utd

2. Chelsea

3. Arsenal

4. Man City

5. Liverpool

6. Everton

7. Tottenham

8. Aston Villa

9. Fulham

10. Sunderland

11. Blackburn

12. Wigan

13. Stoke

14. West Ham

15. Bolton

16. Birmingham City

17. Newcastle

18. West Brom

19. Wolves

20. Blackpool

Whats it with most people putting Newcastle ahead of us? I just can't fathom it at all especially from NEWM. They are stuck with their championship players, no money to bring anyone in - Leon Best & Andy Carroll hardly set fear into defenders.

In related Newcastle news. Sol Campbell has already lashed out at Newcastle fans after his debut in a pre-season match, in which they sang chants calling him fat.

A match made for each other.

I watched the Mags when they were on the telly every bastard week last year. It's the same spine that got them relegated, only with much more desire, passion and teamwork. None of that was there when they went down, it's there in spades now. I hate it, I really do, but they'll be just fine. Aside from the Campbell hoopla you mentioned, this is a completely different Newcastle now. Chris Hughton (though none of the inbreds realised it) was always going to be perfect for them - making the club boring and not gossip rag (as the stupid geordies always wanted them to be), he's pretty much saved the club. They don't deserve it and they probably still wish Shearer was the manager.

On us, I've been nonplussed throughout the entire campaign of friendlies (the two I've seen in the flesh and the stuff I've read/watched about the others) and we're knee deep in shit at the back and in goal. I really hope Bruce has got a wave of 4 or 5 defensive signings hidden away to be revealed shortly, otherwise we're way understaffed for progression.

But then, I'm always a bit more pessimistic and you optimistic, so maybe it balances the books on here a bit, with Magnum as a solid middle ground, I dunno.

So still just me who thinks Everton are gonna finish 3rd then :unsure:

I actually think they'll be lucky to get 10th this season, don't know why but I feel they are now in a slow decline.

Haha really?

REALLY? :D

I would ask you why you said you don't know why! To be brutally honest i can see this season being our most important one for years. We need to achieve something this year and make it count rather than it being another "nearly" season.

So still just me who thinks Everton are gonna finish 3rd then :unsure:

I actually think they'll be lucky to get 10th this season, don't know why but I feel they are now in a slow decline.

I'd be suprised if their out of the top 8. Their part of that 2rd tier of teams looking to get 4th along with City (who should be up into the 1st tier this season), Liverpool, Spurs and Villa.

I think Beckford is an interesting signing if he can step up in class, which from what i've seen he will.

Which 9-10 teams will finish above Everton?

Manchester United

Chelsea

City

Arsenal

Liverpool

Spurs

Villa

?

?

?

Archived