Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NEWM

Premier League 2010/2011 Discussion

not seen any discussion on this so i thought it best to put it here. how has everyones teams been doing so far in preseason? for everton its been a good one so far, won all 3 games down under 1-0 v sydney, 2-0 v melbourne heart and 2-1 v brisbane roar also our reserve results have been ok drawing 2-2 with bangor city, 1-1 with airbus uk, 2-2 with clyde and beating forfar tonight 3-2. tomorrow the senior side play their first domestic friendly at preston which is usually a good game

My wife's an Everton fan, she was wondering who had been in particularly good form in those games. Did Jermain Beckford play in any of those?

yeah beckford played in the last two aussie games and done well by all accounts

Beckford just scored a screamer on SSN's. His 2nd of the game 3-0 up. The guy watching said how good Saha and Beckford are playing off each other.

It's half time in our friendly against Hull and the score is 4-1 to us. All four goals scored by Fraizer Campbell! (Bet that still stings for the Hull fans, who have quite the hatred for him).

Hull have pretty much their strongest team out, us not so much. We've got Kenwyne Jones playing at centre-back! and only 4 subs. Heres our line-up tonight:

Mignolet

Angeleri - Kenwyne Jones - Ferdinand - Bardsley

Al-Muhammadi - Henderson - Zenden - Malbranque

Waghorn - Campbell

Subs: Bent, Carson, Kay, Weir.

Interesting note: 3 of Campbells goals were set-up by Steeeeeeeeeed Malbranque.

not seen any discussion on this so i thought it best to put it here. how has everyones teams been doing so far in preseason? for everton its been a good one so far, won all 3 games down under 1-0 v sydney, 2-0 v melbourne heart and 2-1 v brisbane roar also our reserve results have been ok drawing 2-2 with bangor city, 1-1 with airbus uk, 2-2 with clyde and beating forfar tonight 3-2. tomorrow the senior side play their first domestic friendly at preston which is usually a good game

My wife's an Everton fan, she was wondering who had been in particularly good form in those games. Did Jermain Beckford play in any of those?

yeah beckford played in the last two aussie games and done well by all accounts

Beckford just scored a screamer on SSN's. His 2nd of the game 3-0 up. The guy watching said how good Saha and Beckford are playing off each other.

yeah i saw that, his first goal was class too as was sahas. if they keep it up when the season starts and yakubu gets his scoring boots on again things will be pretty sweet for the toffees (bad pun alert)

For anyone that doesn't know. Man City/ New York Red Bulls is being shown on ESPN from half 8.

It seems as though there will be American commentary too. First for me.

Was watching the Tottenham - Sporting Lisbon game, which was a rather good game, but i have to say that i really enjoyed the American commentary, alot better than anything the BBC or ITV offered during the World Cup. Hopefully the City - Red Bulls game is just as good!

Both games were pretty decent tonight.

Wayne Bridge got ripped apart though for the whole game and can see why Man City might want to get rid of him.

Some good goals in both games too.

Was watching the Tottenham - Sporting Lisbon game, which was a rather good game, but i have to say that i really enjoyed the American commentary, alot better than anything the BBC or ITV offered during the World Cup. Hopefully the City - Red Bulls game is just as good!

The commentary was awful, only over shadowed by the director who seemed determined to miss as much action as possible. They got names wrong over and over again, they obviously had done next to no research and it showed. I'm no fan of the BBC or ITV but this was coverage that managed to be worse than both put together.

Also it was surreal seeing a bloke in an Arsenal shirt standing up and appluading our first goal and the towards the end of the game there was a man in a Chelsea shirt signing Spurs song's with our fans. Wierd.

The commentary was awful, only over shadowed by the director who seemed determined to miss as much action as possible. They got names wrong over and over again, they obviously had done next to no research and it showed. I'm no fan of the BBC or ITV but this was coverage that managed to be worse than both put together.

Also it was surreal seeing a bloke in an Arsenal shirt standing up and appluading our first goal and the towards the end of the game there was a man in a Chelsea shirt signing Spurs song's with our fans. Wierd.

I know what you mean, during the New York-Spurs match the commentator constantly called Gareth Bale, Christian Bale (being serious aswell).

You not think those Arsenal & Chelsea "fans" may have just been clueless yanks with no understanding?

The Brum just finished a 3 game tour of Hong Kong/China winning all 3. It's a decent start I suppose. And they're playing MK Dons next weekso I'll get to see a match for relatively small money - bonus.

I know what you mean, during the New York-Spurs match the commentator constantly called Gareth Bale, Christian Bale (being serious aswell).

You not think those Arsenal & Chelsea "fans" may have just been clueless yanks with no understanding?

I'm sure they were. The guy in the Chelsea shirt was singing his heart out!

Was still wierd to see though.

i know its not premier league related (apologies for that) but lfc tv are screening the french super cup final between Marseille and Paris Saint-Germain live tommorow night for anyone interested in watching it..

no idea i think its part of their aim to give more original programming on the channel rather than the endless ''my greatest season by roger hunt'' or whatever that we had on it last year. strange thing is we're on itv4 on thursaday night..whats the point of having lfctv when we hardly get to see any of our matches on it live? even our pre season games are delayed.

*Edit* heres the press release on the lfc facebook page:**

LFC TV will broadcast live coverage of the 2010 French Super Cup final between Marseille and Paris Saint-Germain on Wednesday night in another first for the club’s TV channel.

Related Links

Watch LFC Videos

Visit Online Store

Buy LFC Shirt

LFC TV is committed to bringing Liverpool supporters the best possible television coverage of the club - both on and off the pitch - for free.

Whether that's providing fans with a daily news show, the first interviews with new signings, in depth live studio debates, coverage of community events, match action and coverage of the Reserves and Academy sides, LFC TV takes supporters right into the heart of the club.

However, at LFC TV, we like to offer viewers a little bit more than what's expected of a club channel and that's why when the opportunity presents itself, we like to break new ground.

In October last year, LFC TV became the world's first club channel to broadcast a live competitive full international match when Spain took on and beat Bosnia-Herzegovina 5-2 in a World Cup Qualifier. The seven-goal thriller - exclusive to LFC TV in the UK - proved a big success with viewers.

Now, on Wednesday night, LFC TV will again break new ground when we become the first club channel to show a major cup final live when we broadcast live coverage of the French Super Cup final between Marseille and Paris Saint-Germain. The match will be exclusive to LFC TV viewers in the UK, with commentary from our very own John Bradley and David Fairclough, and will give Reds fans the chance to not only see two top quality teams live in action but also get a good view of a PSG side that Liverpool could face in the Europa League this season.

With Liverpool returning to European action on Thursday night in Macedonia, the French Super Cup final on Wednesday night will provide LFC TV viewers with a great appetiser before Roy Hodgson's first competitive game in charge.

Live coverage of the French Super Cup final starts at 7.45pm on Wednesday night on LFC TV, available to watch free on Sky Channel 434 and Virgin Media Channel 544 (as part of the XL package).

oh and our game on thursday is on a ppv channels only available on sky so those of us on virgin media are going to miss it..

LFC TV are unable to broadcast Liverpool's Europa League third qualifying round tie against FK Rabotnicki in Macedonia on Thursday.

The exclusive television rights for this match are owned by the host club and they have chosen to sell them to Primetime TV, a pay-per-view broadcaster that can be accessed via Sky on channel 480.

Rights have been secured by LFC TV to show the game in full 72 hours after the event and the return leg at Anfield on Thursday, August 4 will be free to view on ITV4.