Sign in to follow this  
NEWM

Premier League 2010/2011 Discussion

ESPN has confirmed plans to air 11 pre-season football friendlies featuring Tottenham Hotspur, Manchester City, Newcastle United and Glasgow Rangers.

The channel's pre-season coverage will begin on July 17 when Tottenham take on Major League Soccer team the San Jose Earthquakes.

Between July 23 and July 25, ESPN will air all four games from the New York Football Challenge, which features Tottenham, Man City, New York Red Bulls and Sporting Lisbon.

Man City will then take on Club America, Borussia Dortmund, Valencia and Champions League winners Inter Milan on a ten-day tour of America between July 29 and August 7.

ESPN will also air Tottenham's match against Benfica in Lisbon on August 1 and Newcastle's friendly against Rangers in Glasgow on August 7.

"ESPN is delighted to acquire this package of quality pre-season football friendlies featuring some of the top English and Scottish football teams," said ESPN EMEA vice-president of TV channels Jeroen Oerlemans.

"We will continue to build our football lineup as we build a network that delivers a great variety of top live sports in the UK."

We have signed a 2 year sponsorship deal with Autonamy corporation for league games only. Somehow we have managed to squeeze 10 million quid a season out of this firm that i've never heard of and will still be getting another sponsor for the cup games.

Ok, so not strictly on topic, but when the hell is the draw made for the Champions League final qualifying round??

Liverpool will be playing either Rabotnicki or Mika in the Europa league qualifying round 3.

Can't see too many problems there.

Edited by David

Liverpool will be playing either Rabotnicki or Mika in the Europa league qualifying round 3.

Can't see too many problems there.

Ed_imgSNF23MIKA1_540_10793a.jpg

? :confused: God they let anyone qualify for the Europa League now don't they.

Edited by Burchill's Buddy

not seen any discussion on this so i thought it best to put it here. how has everyones teams been doing so far in preseason? for everton its been a good one so far, won all 3 games down under 1-0 v sydney, 2-0 v melbourne heart and 2-1 v brisbane roar also our reserve results have been ok drawing 2-2 with bangor city, 1-1 with airbus uk, 2-2 with clyde and beating forfar tonight 3-2. tomorrow the senior side play their first domestic friendly at preston which is usually a good game

not seen any discussion on this so i thought it best to put it here. how has everyones teams been doing so far in preseason? for everton its been a good one so far, won all 3 games down under 1-0 v sydney, 2-0 v melbourne heart and 2-1 v brisbane roar also our reserve results have been ok drawing 2-2 with bangor city, 1-1 with airbus uk, 2-2 with clyde and beating forfar tonight 3-2. tomorrow the senior side play their first domestic friendly at preston which is usually a good game

My wife's an Everton fan, she was wondering who had been in particularly good form in those games. Did Jermain Beckford play in any of those?

My wife's an Everton fan, she was wondering who had been in particularly good form in those games. Did Jermain Beckford play in any of those?

yeah beckford played in the last two aussie games and done well by all accounts