Sign in to follow this  
NEWM

Premier League 2010/2011 Discussion

They have still got the majority of the squad who finished second in the Premier League 13 months ago.

For now. I'd be really shocked if they haven't lost at least one of their 'big three' by August.

Gerrard, Torres and.....?

Btw Greatest username ever.

Mascherano. With Barca and Inter apparently sniffing around he's perhaps the most likely of the trio to depart.

And, thank you, I won't disagree.

So without being rude, how many points do people think Blackpool will end up on?

I dunno, I think they'll be like Hull the first season the come up, get some points at the start of the season and then sort of struggle to the end of the season and face the relegation battle. I'll maybe say 20 - something.. that might be too kind but I didn't really see much of them in the Championship so I don't know what to expect...

Sky has released the schedule for the first few months of live Premier League games to be shown on Sky Sports.

First weekend features Spurs Vs. Man City and Liverpool Vs. Arsenal. Not bad.

Here.

Edited by Waterboy

I knew our match with man utd was going to be on tv but gutted it's been moved to Monday! No chance of getting Monday off work, typical. Dissapounted the villa match the week after has been moved to Sunday too, hate early kick offs on Sundays.

Mackems game being a 4pm isn't as bad as I thought it'd be tho, was expecting the early Saturday for that one. Thought we wouldn't be on tv as much this year...few games set so far though.

Edited by NUFC 4 LIFE

I knew our match with man utd was going to be on tv but gutted it's been moved to Monday! No chance of getting Monday off work, typical. Dissapounted the villa match the week after has been moved to Sunday too, hate early kick offs on Sundays.

Mackems game being a 4pm isn't as bad as I thought it'd be tho, was expecting the early Saturday for that one. Thought we wouldn't be on tv as much this year...few games set so far though.

Please say that's at Old Trafford.

I hate the nights when I have to get the bus full of Newcastle "fans" who live in a different county and have to get the bus 20 minutes before the game ends, and surprisingly, there's tonnes of them.

Please say that's at Old Trafford.

I hate the nights when I have to get the bus full of Newcastle "fans" who live in a different county and have to get the bus 20 minutes before the game ends, and surprisingly, there's tonnes of them.

Aye Old Trafford, wouldnt of minded it being at Home as i'd of been fine to go anyway.

Meh, every club has them, don't like the leaving early bit, but theres gonna be supporters that live outside the region, no less a fan IMO.

What's happening with the games on ESPN. Are they getting the same amount of games this season? More? Less?

They have only one package of games for the next 3 season so only 23 games for them for the next three years after loseing Monday Night Football to Sky

Wonder what the police think of newcastle vs sunderland at a 4pm kick off.

Also just seen sthe reverse fixture has been changed to 16th jan which is my 30th birthday

Also just seen sthe reverse fixture has been changed to 16th jan which is my 30th birthday

aye that was my first thought. Surely they were consulted though before they scheduled it so you'd think they had to agree to it. In a way it could work out better anyway, give northumbrias finest extra time to ensure the trouble makers aren't hanging about and all that, fans won't be getting there ad early as usual, your lot anyway, should give them more control. I'm just glad it's an extra few hours on the pre match beer, atmosphere will be good anyway obv but 4pm will make it better.

Most probably get switched again after all that ha.

What's happening with the games on ESPN. Are they getting the same amount of games this season? More? Less?

They have only one package of games for the next 3 season so only 23 games for them for the next three years after loseing Monday Night Football to Sky

On a plus note, they do have the FA Cup though.

I reckon this is make or break for Liverpool. If they miss out on Champions League Football again, I can see a slide down to obscurity. And living where I do, where everyone and their dog is a Liverpool fan, that's no bad thing.

It's the kids I feel sorry for. I'm not fucking getting up half way through the derby to answer to Trick or Treaters. And if we get beat, I'm just not going to get up for the rest of the day full stop.

So my decision to get the Virgin Media full HDTV package was a bit of a waste then. Especially considering they shafted me for

So without being rude, how many points do people think Blackpool will end up on?

I dunno, I think they'll be like Hull the first season the come up, get some points at the start of the season and then sort of struggle to the end of the season and face the relegation battle. I'll maybe say 20 - something.. that might be too kind but I didn't really see much of them in the Championship so I don't know what to expect...

I don't know but it will be fun finding out! I would have NEVER EVER imagined in my wildest dreams that I would be looking forward to seeing my team in the Premiership. It really gives me goosebumps. The atmosphere in and around Blackpool in the run in to promotion was just amazing, everyone getting behind the team. That alone was so memorable.

I was unable to go to the play-off final, and probably missed the best game of my life, however I was best man at my best mates wedding, so I have a valid excuse.

Going to watch Blackpool this season is going to be amazing, I am not a season ticket holder due to work commitments however I have met a girl who's brother plays for the reserves/youth team, and he gets two tickets free for every game, and doesn't always go for whatever reason, so looks like I will be getting at least a few free games this year!

Looking at the fixtures, the ironic thing is vs. Manchester United at Bloomfield I can't attend, because, yep, you've guessed it, I am best man for another good friend of mine. HAHA - Ah well. Come on you Tangerines, as long as get more points than Derby did years ago then I will be happy! :laugh: