Shoot interviews

IANdrewDiceClay

I would really like to hear more about his take on what he was met with when he briefly returned to WWE in 2002. Is there anything about it in his YouShoot,

There is, but nothing memorable. He denies that story about him proposing to turn The Rock gay.

or is it just fattys accusing him of killing wrestling?

Oddly, there is little to none of that. The whole thing is basically people throwing him softballs and Russo refusing to even pick up a bat.

Have had so much on recently i haven't had the time to keep pace with the upcoming releases it has resulted in finding a few which are new to me anyway and i picked up last week in the form of the Vince Russo & Shane Douglas YouShoot efforts and the Sean Morley Timeline ones.

I've watched the first two mentioned and it was a little hit and miss. Russo's was what i expected to be honest, he didn't really duck anything but at the same time never really opened any cans of worms and said much which was news or we hadn't heard before. To be fair though the whole live idea could have been a nightmare for someone like him but he actually handled it OK and fair play for agreeing to it even with what i mentioned previously.

Douglas' was middle of the road as well. I was a little bit surprised and annoyed they completely bypassed his WCW run in the late 90's as there was a fair bit of interest in that, he was part of a decent stable and central to a fairly big story at the time as he was strongly rumoured to go with the Radicalz to WWE and then reports to the contrary that WWF had no interest in him so i thought that might have got question(s).

About 15 minutes into the Sean Morley one. Quite excited by this one as i like the format on a whole and he's always came across as being well spoken and quite balanced and sensible with the anecdotes he has plus it is always interesting - for me anyway - to listen to guys who were on the underbelly of the WWE when it was hitting it's absolute peak in the end of the 1990's. Hopefully it holds up well.

The Waltman YouShoot is not only the best YouShoot, it is one of the best Shoot Interviews period. I always enjoy listening to Cornette but I can remember nothing distinctive from his YouShoot (possibly because I have seen so many of his various Shoots that they all tend to blur into one). Definately give that Waltman one a watch though.

Fantastic Youshoot interview but why does Sean always bring up Batista's dick?

The Waltman YouShoot is not only the best YouShoot, it is one of the best Shoot Interviews period. I always enjoy listening to Cornette but I can remember nothing distinctive from his YouShoot (possibly because I have seen so many of his various Shoots that they all tend to blur into one). Definately give that Waltman one a watch though.

Fantastic Youshoot interview but why does Sean always bring up Batista's dick?

No idea, but it's like some 'hilarious' in joke that always gets asked. I personally don't know why Sean doesn't edit out this question as it is the type of unfunny, crap that does absolutely nothing to me; though the same could be said for the 'gimmick bag' and 'ho bag' stuff. I also think a lot of the video submissions are garbage, with again people trying way too hard to be funny, and The Hess Express is the worst of the bunch.

Sorry to bump this but I just had a quick question about the latest London and Kendrick shoot. Highspots have said on their site that they've pushed back the release to July with something like "must reach 250 pre-orders". Does this mean that they won't ship them till they get that number of pre-orders? Theoretically, if no one really cared about hearing about these two, and they didn't get 250 pre-orders by then, would they just wait till they did?

Also what are people's experiences buying from Highspots and RF Video?

Highspots are probably wary of one person buying it and copying it for everyone else. I've known people who make DVD comps do that before but never the "official" guys like Highspots.

Highspots are reliable but they won't lie about value on customs labels, so overseas orders are liable to be taxed. RF Video will lie about value on customs labels but their service is hit & miss. They always have shoots up for sale that aren't finished yet so should be displayed as pre-order.

Just in the process now of uploading the Jamie Dundee to SendSpace now so will make that link available via PM for anyone.

Watched about half of it now and have to say the man is completely batshit crazy, though he is seemingly very honest about things such as the last match in the WWF with the LOD.

Highspots are probably wary of one person buying it and copying it for everyone else. I've known people who make DVD comps do that before but never the "official" guys like Highspots.

Which is a bit hypocritical coming from a company where an awful lot of their recent compilation releases have been put together by traders, Highspots get their hands on them, then they sell them through their site at a hefty profit, especially when they don't even pick them up from the creator.

• Paid Members

Just watched Bob Holly's RF shoot and like everyone said he comes off really well.

Found the bit on Benoit interesting and the stuff on the Brawl For All, Tough Enough and Lesnar powerbomb/broken neck match were all good to hear from his side. Had no idea his bout of staph infection actually nearly killed him.

Just seems a genuinely good, honest bloke. The only people he really has anything bad to say about are Rene Dupree, Ken Kennedy/Anderson and Scott Hall. Anderson really cops out. The thing I liked most was there doesn't seem to be any real ego or bigheadedness about him, he still seems surprised fans want his autograph.

Really enjoyed the interview. And Billy Gunn bursting in halfway through was an unexpected bonus. Gonna finally give the Waltman Youshoot a watch in a bit I think.