Shoot interviews

IANdrewDiceClay

The Waltman YouShoot is not only the best YouShoot, it is one of the best Shoot Interviews period. I always enjoy listening to Cornette but I can remember nothing distinctive from his YouShoot (possibly because I have seen so many of his various Shoots that they all tend to blur into one). Definately give that Waltman one a watch though.

Didn't have Val Venis down as a Leeds Rhino fan!

I've always had him down as a bit of a nutter though, and him stating Crash Holly was a bigger star than Bill Goldberg has to be the most ridiculous wrestling quote of 2012.

• Paid Members

Thanks everyone for the help. I'm keeping Waltman, Nash and the Dudleys. Might give that Legendary Feuds one a watch aswell. Got Heat? I think it's called. Looks interesting and from having a quick gander at the start of it there's a bit on the Orndorff/Vader fight with both their versions of events from their respective shoots.

Really looking forward to watching the Waltman YouShoot now after all the glowing praise here.

Thanks again gents.

edit - just found a Bob Holly RF shoot on my hard drive aswell now. Bonus!! Anyone know if it's any good?

Edited by wandshogun09

• Moderators
The Waltman YouShoot is not only the best YouShoot, it is one of the best Shoot Interviews period. I always enjoy listening to Cornette but I can remember nothing distinctive from his YouShoot (possibly because I have seen so many of his various Shoots that they all tend to blur into one). Definately give that Waltman one a watch though.

I'd say the question about a Hearty Clique Shit taken from Kayfabe Memories really makes that YouShoot great.

edit - just found a Bob Holly RF shoot on my hard drive aswell now. Bonus!! Anyone know if it's any good?

Yes. Bob Holly seems a really good guy.

Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members

I agree, if only to add that there is a belting question on there regarding Mick Foley burying him as well. If its true the questions always make the interview, well in this case its one of the best interviews you will see.

Edited by The_BarbarIAN

After seeing some negative stuff about his You Shoot, decided to get the RF Shoot instead with Russo. Usually I have preferred KFC over RF but maybe without the gimmicks of a live crowd, this one may be better. His first one back in the early-mid 00s was pretty good from what I remember and this will cover his most recent TNA run from 06.

After seeing some negative stuff about his You Shoot, decided to get the RF Shoot instead with Russo. Usually I have preferred KFC over RF but maybe without the gimmicks of a live crowd, this one may be better.

I can't imagine it would. The idiots in the crowd don't help, but they're no worse than Feinstein anyway. The problem is that Russo's a grade-A shifty cunt who refuses to tackle any subject whatsoever.

After seeing some negative stuff about his You Shoot, decided to get the RF Shoot instead with Russo. Usually I have preferred KFC over RF but maybe without the gimmicks of a live crowd, this one may be better. His first one back in the early-mid 00s was pretty good from what I remember and this will cover his most recent TNA run from 06.

Yeah I couldn't even finish watching the Russo Youshoot. These pictures below pretty much sum it up for me.

kc1.png

kc2.png

kc3.png

• Paid Members

Just want to chip in another good word for the Waltman shoot. Probably the best one that I've seen to date. He didn't duck anything, he was completely open and honest about his failings, and came across as a really funny and thoroughly nice bloke.

The Bob Holly one was really good as well and I thought he came out of it really well.

• Paid Members

Excellent. I liked New Jack's YouShoot, too, actually. He didn't say anything I hadn't heard before and he's still a horrible bastard but he was very funny indeed. Looking forward to both of those although it does strike me as Sean Oliver looking for any excuse to get Waltman and New Jack back on, which is fair enough.

I'm about half way through the Russo shoot and I think what prevents it being any good is two things:

1) He doesn't want to give any of his ideas away which could apparently bring wwe into 2012 possibly for future projects where he reveals his secrets or to get him a possible job in the future (which is quite smart).

2) and most importantly, he probably has so much stuff he says taken out of context and jumped on by people, that here he has to reiterate and build stuff up with so many prefaces so he's not mis-represented, with wild hand gestures, that it dilutes a lot of what is said.

There's also Feinstein's terrible interviewing style; though with someone like Russo who admittedly jumps all over from one thing to the next, it is kind of justified here.

Overall I quite like the guy. He doesn't sweat stuff and has the "kill 'em with kindness" philosophy. It's actually quite funny that Cornette hates the guy which such a ridiculous passion by comparison. He's managed to work consistently in this business from the mid 90s to now having gone from running a video store so he's doing something right. Cornette can fuck off in my opinion, the petty git.

Russo also understands that wrestling alone isn't very cool, watching men prance around in their underwear. The kind of presentation which Cornette seems to have enforced in ROH where everything is super serious is not liked by the normal person sat at home (especially with MMA being so popular and simultaneously real). He realises that to get the big numbers of the Attitude era, like that time, it takes getting the average viewer watching to make wrestling the "in thing" through ratings. It's a two-way system. I also feel he has a good point about committees in wrestling being backwards in that they mean various directions and ultimately compromise. He admits that in WWF and TNA they booked week to week, so he makes no bones of that criticism even if I don't necessarily agree with it.

I would really like to hear more about his take on what he was met with when he briefly returned to WWE in 2002. Is there anything about it in his YouShoot, or is it just fattys accusing him of killing wrestling?

Edited by dharmabear