Shoot interviews

IANdrewDiceClay

Yup it's the 8 hour Cornette one I remember too. Back when I were a lad and I could watch the whole thing - can't believe that's 10 years ago!

The Terry Funk one from around that time was also pretty good.

Edited by Whiskey1

Yup it's the 8 hour Cornette one I remember too. Back when I were a lad and I could watch the whole thing - can't believe that's 10 years ago!

The Terry Funk one from around that time was also pretty good.

Good call on the original Funk shoot. Another which if you have an early VHS conversion has a bunch of really cool matches and angles on. Avoid his 2003 follow up that he did with Feinstein, as that is a major letdown.

• Paid Members
I have tried many times to watch the iron sheik ones but cant, as he says the same things and whilst im sure others find it entertaining i cant listen to him swear for 2 hrs!

I was coming in here to post that his original interview with Dan "Maloney" Mirade of the "Maloney" (= Millennium) Wresting Federation is my favourite shoot as far as entertainment value is concerned.

It's three hours' long, which is the downside, as the first hour is biographical stuff. But as you progress deeper into it you come across several Jekyll & Hyde moments, before this all became Sheiky trademark and said to order. There's a story about telling the locker-room that Wendi Richter was a lesbian because she didn't want to sleep with him ("I'm da mos' handsome good-lookin' man in da vorld, an' you no wanna have sex wid me?! You hafta be lassbian!"); an anecdote about leaving Moolah stranded on the New Jersey turnpike because she complained about smoking "medicine" in the car; the infamous original excerpt on Brian Blair, which led to his new-found popularity.

If you know where the stretch of the interview where all this stuff comes out is, then it has great re-watching (and -listening) value. And there really isn't all that much bad language: Just the one F-bomb, as far as I can remember. (Edit: Of course there's more than that! I meant one swear word outside the infamous passage about humbling Brian Blair.)

As for other interviews: Lex Luger's really surprised me at how humble he seemed to be. It came across that he knew he didn't have an awful lot of talent, and was lucky that he had so much success.

Cornette did one with Percy Pringle/Paul Bearer/Bill Moody (I'm not sure which name was being used to sell it) which was great to listen to, since there were anecdotes and a lot of laughs.

I also enjoyed the Outlaws' shoot, which surprised me, since I hated them when they were in WWE. Billy Gunn really grew on me, especially with his frankness on things. "What do I think about steroids? I love 'em!" It needs underlining that it was the Outlaws that made that interview: RF was disastrous on it, not knowing what his own questions related to when asked for clarification, asking them about "When did you find out that Shawn wasn't going to be at Over The Edge?", when the PPV concerned was No Way Out Of Texas, and so on.

The Outsiders' Torch Talk shoot was really good, as is pretty much every interview they've ever conducted.

Edited by Ronnie

Outwith the usual Sheik, Honky Tonk, New Jack, Jamie Dundee shoots I would have to say that the RF/Highspots Booby Heenan shoot is a must see and also the RF Black Bart shoot is entertaing only for the fact that after watching it I could not understand if Black Bart was talking through his arse or if he was speaking the truth.

This one surprised me, but it was awesome, probably my favourite. Kevin Kelly's shoot (the ex announcer in the WWF for those who have forgotten).

Agree about Bob Holly's shoot. He comes across a lot more likeable than I expected.

Another I'd recommend is D'lo Brown.

Didn't really enjoy Chyna, Rikishi or DDPs shoots. Didn't find them to be very revealing or entertaining at all. Maybe its just me.

Other than those already mentioned, I enjoyed:

Jim Duggan's - he came across as a lot of fun.

Ricky Steamboat - quite a quiet man, but he had a lot of interesting stories to tell. Only thing was, he had a bogie hanging out of his nose the whole time!

Ken Shamrock's surprised me. I saw it on TWC back in the day, didn't have high hopes for it but found it really interesting and very entertaining.

My favourite overall would have to be Marty Janetty's first one however. He had so many great stories to tell, and he told them in such an engaging way. If he'd shown nearly as much character in the ring, and spent a little less time collecting these great stories, he'd have done a lot better though!

thinkin bout gettin some for my bday in august.

Thinking:-

Outsiders

Raven & Dreamer

Any other recomendations

I really can't speak highly enough of the Bobby Heenan RF/Highspots shoot so that is a must to buy. Also for a crazy shoot or infact his two shoots are crazy then I would say buy the Billy Jack Haynes shoots they will not disappoint. Also may I recommend the Bad News Allen shoot as another to purchase.

I've enjoyed a lot of shoot interviews over the years but when I think of favourite shoot interviews the first two that pop up in my head are James Mitchell's and Raven & Sandman (the original one). Those two were just hilarious and Mitchell's was quite informative too.

Off the top of my head, some others that I found to be very enjoyable:

= Raven's first two shoots after he left WWE - in-depth and informative.

= Steve Corino's ROH shoot - I seem to remember it being quite funny.

= Wade Keller's Ultimate Insiders with Russo & Ferrara - say what you will about those two but I thought the interview itself was very good and very in-depth.

= Larry Zbyszko - just solid stuff all-around.

= Kimberly Page - that one surprised me. I figured she wouldn't have much to say but in the end I thought she came off great and the interview was very enjoyable to watch.

= CM Punk & Samoa Joe - funny stuff.

= Shane Douglas' second RF Video shoot interview from 2003 - just your good, informative interview.

Edited by pgi86

• Moderators

Just finished Maria's youshoot off PWT. She comes off really well, and deals with the weird virgins who e-mailed in loads of questions asking how big wrestler's cocks are superbly. She just seems really sound, which is what I like in a shoot rather than a load of bitter bitching. That's why D'Lo Brown and Hardcore Holly's are ace.

It's nothing too exposing, but it's good enough to waste an hour and a half.