Shoot interviews

IANdrewDiceClay

off the top of my head..

Bam Bam's think it was the first i saw, then i was hooked. Its a great shoot.

Randomly, The godfathers, i like the fact that he is a big fan and has good memories about everyone (maybe bar steve richards), but has a lot of happy memories and looks like hs is happy with his life.

Found it interesting that he was going to be Kane, but then when he turned up, they put the Kama gimmick on him instead.. funny shit

Wouldn't that mean Taker's mum was black? unless Paul Bearer's grandmother shagged a black bloke I suppose

I recommend the Godfather one if you want to hear someone who doesn't spend 2 hours bitching about everything. D'Lo Brown is another newer one that's worth a watch.

Other ones that stand out in my mind are Eddy (RF), Flair (Highspots), Demolition (RF) and Al Snow (RF). The Straight Shootin' one that RF did with Foley was also good.

• Paid Members

I just finished watching the Brian Kendrick/Paul London one. It takes a while to get going but it's worth the wait. It's refreshing to hear what people really think about the higher-ups at WWE. The way they buried The Undertaker and Vince McMahon was both brave and stupid.

The Outsiders one is probably my favourite as you wanted it to go on another couple of disks. I'm still waiting for this Wolfpack special.

I just watched the New-Age Outlaws one. I'd seen it before but rewatching it I didn't remember much. They're both dickheads, but I love how Billy keeps picking up Feinstein (or whoever is doing the interview) on not knowing what the fuck he's on about. One of his questions that came after "What was it like working with the Legion of Doom?" was "Uh, memories of shaving his head" and he didn't know who's head he was asking about. Billy shouted at him a few times for being shit. Feinstein clearly doesn't watch wrestling, he just wants tapes of muscly lads to wank over.

• Paid Members
Anyone got any links to downloads or streams of good shoot interviews? There used to be thousands on Youtube and Dailymotion but I can't seem to find any.

Here and here are the channels i'm currently trapceing through. Wide range of shoots.

Just watched Rhino's shoot and it's fairly average. He's got a few stories to tell and it was interesting to hear how his personal life ended up shaping his professional life in such a way, but nothing groundbreaking.

• Paid Members
I just watched the New-Age Outlaws one.They're both dickheads,

Seriously? I watched it for the first time a few weeks ago and I thought they were both hilarious and really likeable. The biggest shock was I expected Billy to be an absolute goon, but he seemed awesome. I feel bad for him that none of that personality has ever been shown in his wrestling career. James is a total fuck up though. Lost all his money and still cant beat his addictions, poor bastard.

If we are talking about all time favourites then Cornette, Raven and Corinos early RF shoots are solid gold. I'll watch them once a year like a favourite film.

More recently I'll say that the Outsiders shoot was disappointing because they repeated stories and Hall asked to wrap it up about three times throughout which killed it for me. But Hall and Nash's individual RF shoots are fucking great.

London and Kendrick's containd some dross, but its definitely worth watching because they give recent stories and experiences of what its like to be in the WWE lockeroom, compared to others who left years ago.

I also loved Lanny 'Genius' Poffo. Seems like a great guy. Its easy to sneer at him sitting at home while cashing the WCW cheques, but when you hear his side of the story about getting the Gorgeous George name, dying his hair, getting in shape and waiting for a call that never came, its a shame to see how his talent was wasted. He could manage and cut heel poems in WWE today and be over by the end of the month.

• Paid Members

One of the best lines i've heard on a shoot interview was Billy's take on being on the road with WWE while the Road Dogg was with TNA. "Just because you dont talk as often doesnt mean your not still close. It's like if you go to prison and you say to your wife "baby, will you wait for me". She's not: she's fucking everybody". Billy Gunn's a top bloke on both his shoots. All the Armstrong lads have reputations of being really cool blokes as well. Finally got around to Brad Armstrongs Shoot the other night, and he's great. Such a sound bloke. I had to listen to his WCW music afterwards and occassionally during the interview because he was so great.

Edited by Ian_hitmanhart

If we are talking about all time favourites then Cornette, Raven and Corinos early RF shoots are solid gold. I'll watch them once a year like a favourite film.

Ah yeah the Cornette one was bloody brilliant and Corino's (the second one was the first 'proper' one) I think was hilarious. The story about his ridiculously long, lone road trip where he starts talking to an imaginary person in the back of the car stands out. :laugh:

Shoot interviews though...'unique' concept. Where the hell else do you get interviews that are up to 8 hours long? I sure as hell haven't seen any!

I recommend the Godfather one if you want to hear someone who doesn't spend 2 hours bitching about everything. D'Lo Brown is another newer one that's worth a watch.

Blimey, someone else recommending the Godfather one? I didn't think that much of this one at all to be honest. He came across as the kind of guy who you would want to go out on the town with, and spend some time with, but when it came to actual wrestling didn't think it was that good.

Its old ground, and I have probably posted this a dozen times, but my favourite shoots are the initial Cornette one that he did with RF video from 2000 (I have an early VHS conversion where Feinstein would put footage of matches, angles etc on the tapes at the time so this runs for nearly 8 hours), Bill Watts shoot that he did with RF and Lanny Poffo's shoot (the latter is probably the best example of going in with little expectation and being on the receiving end of an absolute corker). D-Lo's shoot is very good, and I also thought Kanyon's is a great interview. I am in the middle of Face Off vol. 8 which involves Raven and Jim Mitchell conducted the day of Kanyon's wake, and this is also real good so far. I am pretty tired of Raven constantly being on shoot's and I seriously doubt he has any more tales to tell (his first couple of shoots are real good before he exhausts everything he has to say), but Mitchell is a great interviewee with some really funny stuff, especially the stories he tells about Kanyon, as he was the first person who he admitted his sexuality to many years back.

I recently saw the Cornette You Shoot, and that was clearly the best of the genre that I have watched (only seen a handful of these, Honky's was same old same old, Missy's was terrible, Sandman's was enjoyable although he was pissed, and I couldn't sit through Jamie Dundee's as he was pissed, rambling and incoherent (and I had enjoyed his other stuff that is out there). KayfabeCommentaries eliminated the majority of those awful fan sent in videos, and the standard of questions asked were better than the norm. Cornette was a great guest as he usually is, and there was less duplication than is usually the case with him (he is approaching Raven for number of shoots/Q & A's he has done).

Others that stick in my mind being well worth searching out include Michael Modest (wrestlewarehouse.com), Chris Candido (RF), Ronnie P. Gossett (RF), Bad News Brown (RF), Jamie Dundee (Highspots) and PG-13 (Highspots). To be honest, I can usually get something out of most shoots I watch, so for me to say it is awful would have to mean it is pretty bad. Ones to completely avoid are Patriotic Pro Wrestling Q & A (which is Valentine, Beefcake, Apter and Piper, where Piper saves a hideous Q & A when he turns up, and Apter conducts a kayfabed Q & A session), Lollipop, Pat 'No Comment' Tanaka, Lacey Von Erich (good looking girl, but pointless shoot as she has really little to offer, also see Kristi Myst, and it was as if Feinstein just wanted to interview someone who had recently left WWE, this time see Colin Delaney).

There
Edited by Magnum Milano