Steve Corino

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members
Well, from some of the teams you've mentioned you obviously don't know or just don't follow European football (Juve? PSV? those teams are far from being strong sides like they used to be back in the day and the dutch league is not as strong as it used to be... what's next? your going to mention La Coru

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A World Belt is a World Belt if the piece of tin says "World Title" on it. Since when did defending it overseas make it a world title? The belt is a prop, used to sell tickets. Its not the Champions League trophy. Corino could have defended it in every country in the world, but it still wont mean as much as Christians shite 2 day reign as the Smackdown champion. Its the man who makes the title, not the otherway around.

Before this topic got wildly de railed, it was about weather or not Corino

Sneer as much as you like (I decided to stop watching football on any kind of regular basis back in 2001), but the fact remains that the CL is NOT a joke because of its qualifying criteria - it's now the toughest it's ever been, and anyone who thinks it's worth less when a team has had to get past Real, Barcelona, Bayern and AC instead of Auxerre, Karlsruhe, Lyngby and Tromso, just because the former came runners-up in their leagues while the latter were all champions, needs to have a long think about what really makes a championship valuable - the fact that it's been hard fought for against the very best, or that it's been contested against a load of teams whose championships aren't even third-tier value in the stronger nations.

Look at the strange draw in the second qualifying stage which makes to a weird third qualifying stage and than in the playoffs you kinda get a feeling in present time, UEFA makes it clear they want the attractive teams to go to the group stages and the association kinda pissing on the unattractive champions from those not so attractive leagues.

And at least make a small effort to show you know what the hell your talking about by throwing some names that actually make a bit of sense.

• Moderators
The NWA title still goes, and is still the same title with the same lineage. Regardless of how popular the belt is today, Colt Cobana can legitimately claim to have held that same title. Okay, less people saw it and less people care but he legitimatley held the belt for what it was worth.

Speaking of the NWA title. The Sheik, who bought his reign as champ, has been stripped after he decided he couldn't be bothered going to defend it making the NWA title closer to a piece of tin.

• Paid Members
Look at the strange draw in the second qualifying stage which makes to a weird third qualifying stage and than in the playoffs you kinda get a feeling in present time, UEFA makes it clear they want the attractive teams to go to the group stages and the association kinda pissing on the unattractive champions from those not so attractive leagues.

And at least make a small effort to show you know what the hell your talking about by throwing some names that actually make a bit of sense.

Fuck off. I know what I'm talking about, and I'm not going to be told I don't by some condescending prick. The names I threw up were for exaggerating purposes to point out the idiocy of your claim. I don't give a fuck about "the strange draw", we're not talking about the fucking system here.

ONE MORE TIME: Are you really going to claim that a European Cup made up of all champions, from both weak leagues and strong, is more competitive and therefore tougher than a Champions' League made up of the strongest teams from the strongest leagues?

Nah, you obviously don't know what your talking about when it comes to football which is why your going berserk. I do remember a certain topic in the past that had someone (pretty sure he was a spurs supporter) accusing you of being a "glory hunter" and you went nuts over that.

You certainly seem to be one of those "know it all" pricks. Learn to shut your keyboard when there's a subject that quite frankly you don't know much about.

• Paid Members
Nah, you obviously don't know what your talking about when it comes to football which is why your going berserk. I do remember a certain topic in the past that had someone (pretty sure he was a spurs supporter) accusing you of being a "glory hunter" and you went nuts over that.

You certainly seem to be one of those "know it all" pricks. Learn to shut your keyboard when there's a subject that quite frankly you don't know much about.

Yeah, I'm clearly going "berserk", making you look stupid in your claim that the current CL is a "joke" compared to the old European Cup. You've still provided no counter-argument except some whining about club names - great smokescreen there.

Watched football from when I was a kid until 2001 - and even with my lack of up-to-date knowledge now, I'm still making you look like an idiot.

AGAIN: Are you really going to claim that the current CL, with its range of top-flight teams, champions or not, is a joke in comparison to the old European Cup, with its selection of a few top teams and a range of weak leagues' champions?

Speaking of the NWA title. The Sheik, who bought his reign as champ, has been stripped after he decided he couldn't be bothered going to defend it making the NWA title closer to a piece of tin.

Maybe so, but it the lineage is still legit, which Corino

• Paid Members

Let's calm it down a little, shall we?

Rayson - come on, we used to get along before. Let's calm the language - I apologise for mine. Just answer the question I asked.

• Paid Members
Three Way. Adam Pearce and two folk I've never heard of, so expect Pearce to take it back. He shouldn't have lost it in the first place to be honest. When Sheik won it it sank to the level it was when Mike Rapada had it.

I'm genuinely surprised the NWA would allow guys to buy reigns these days, given how easy it is to find out about such things. They're a pretty crappy outfit, but they could at least make an effort not to look it. Also surprised Sheikh couldn't be bothered to defend it after shelling out for a reign.

I agree they should never have taken it off Pearce - he's probably the only guy they've got who looks anywhere near world-class. Would say Cabana, but I'm not that big a fan of his, plus I don't think it's a good idea having an all-comedy main-eventer.

Yeah, I'm clearly going "berserk", making you look stupid in your claim that the current CL is a "joke" compared to the old European Cup. You've still provided no counter-argument except some whining about club names - great smokescreen there.

Watched football from when I was a kid until 2001 - and even with my lack of up-to-date knowledge now, I'm still making you look like an idiot.

AGAIN: Are you really going to claim that the current CL, with its range of top-flight teams, champions or not, is a joke in comparison to the old European Cup, with its selection of a few top teams and a range of weak leagues' champions?

Read my words again and you'll see I already gave you an answer and if you'll read my words carefully (instead of just picking certain sentences and ingroing the rest) I didn't really compared between the two.

Let's calm it down a little, shall we?

Rayson - come on, we used to get along before. Let's calm the language - I apologise for mine. Just answer the question I asked.

Fuck off you fucking fuck, I'll say whatever the fuck I fucking want.

All in good fu(ck)n ;)

How much did he pay?

Why should he give a fuck about that belt when now his making it "big" in Japan with Zero1 (can't understand how that promotion is still going)?

• Paid Members
Read my words again and you'll see I already gave you an answer and if you'll read my words carefully (instead of just picking certain sentences and ingroing the rest) I didn't really compared between the two.

You posted a lot of things about the draw and the tournament shape, but you didn't address the original point, which was the criteria for qualifying. But never mind. This debate's gone on long enough in this thread.

Fuck off you fucking fuck, I'll say whatever the fuck I fucking want.

All in good fu(ck)n ;)

I hope you **** in your **** with a ***** and a ****** up a **** from using ***** with *****s and ****** so far that you need a doctor to get it out again! :devil:

How much did he pay?

Why should he give a fuck about that belt when now his making it "big" in Japan with Zero1 (can't understand how that promotion is still going)?

From what I saw last year, Zero-One's had some great shows with some excellent feuds - their Fire Festivals from the past few years have drawn quite a bit, it seems.

Archived