Scottish Football Discussion Thread 2010/11

The Cum Doctor

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone else find it a little interesting that Rangers have yet to instigate an appeal for Nikica Jelavic's work permit?

Surely they're not waiting for the outcome of tomorrow's Aston Villa/Rapid Vienna match...?

it always takes this length of time unless your celtic....

I don't think Jorge Cadete would agree.

Or Tommy Burns. Or Fergus Mc Cann. Or any Celtic fan who remembers how stupidly long it took to get him signed and the fact it cost us the title that year.

thats the only one mate, and to be fair, there were a few complications with that as far as i was aware

Thats it keep sweeping over something that happened 13 or 14 years ago. You know the SFA delayed his signing to help Rangers win the league and that denied Tommy Burns the league title win he deserved.

thats the only one mate, and to be fair, there were a few complications with that as far as i was aware

Aye, the complication had a name.

Jim Farry.

an independent commission found him guilty of deliberately delaying Cadete's registration, which resulted in him getting the sack for gross misconduct.

Anyone else find it a little interesting that Rangers have yet to instigate an appeal for Nikica Jelavic's work permit?

Surely they're not waiting for the outcome of tomorrow's Aston Villa/Rapid Vienna match...?

Or Tommy Burns. Or Fergus Mc Cann. Or any Celtic fan who remembers how stupidly long it took to get him signed and the fact it cost us the title that year.

Thats it keep sweeping over something that happened 13 or 14 years ago. You know the SFA delayed his signing to help Rangers win the league and that denied Tommy Burns the league title win he deserved.

so that one player would have won celtic the league, i was wondering on what higher authority you would have this. or do you mean, you THINK he MAY have HELPED celtics CHANCES of winning the league. If rangers signed Messi we would have a great chance of winning the league, you couldnt say for certain we would

The Facts....

Jelavic has not signed yet..!!!

The earliest date the work permit panel could convene and was agreed with rangers is tomorrow!!!

is there any chance that the player, not having trained now for a over a week, having had international games etc may just be due a few days break so rangers arent worrying and rushing this permit as he isnt going to play until hamilton next week anyways.

so that one player would have won celtic the league, i was wondering on what higher authority you would have this. or do you mean, you THINK he MAY have HELPED celtics CHANCES of winning the league. If rangers signed Messi we would have a great chance of winning the league, you couldnt say for certain we would

We will never know will we? That's kind of the point.

It didn't happen and thats it...

On the other hand you could shout the night he scored against rangers in the cup if i remember right got chalked off for some shit reason and that was it punted out by rangers...

Its in the past and this season all that matters now...

I think the issue that a fair amount of Celtic fans may have with the situation is simply that if an anti-Celtic corruption existed in the SFA back then, why not now or in the future?

I think the issue that a fair amount of Celtic fans may have with the situation is simply that if an anti-Celtic corruption existed in the SFA back then, why not now or in the future?

it really boils down to this... both sets of old firm fans think everyone is biased against their team, both sets like to warp any given situation to show how it affects their team negatively. Its sad but true.. 99% of the team, theres really nothing to it

See for a celtic fan i always feel its easy to fall into that way of thinking...

I was told when i was younger my name will hold me back from getting jobs as its irish and catholic as it comes but hell don't let that hold me down...

As for the old sfa and all that bull i couldn't care less at the end of the day the better team will always rise above it in the end...

You look down south and everybody hates man u and they always rise to the occassion...

As for the old sfa and all that bull i couldn't care less at the end of the day the better team will always rise above it in the end...

Unless they have the top brass actively working against them, for whatever reason.

Now, i'm not even a Celtic fan and I can see the blatant anti-Celtic bias in that situation. Farry was sacked because of it.

That season, Tommy Burn's Celtic team was the better team and they didn't rise above it, did they?

Cadete may not have won them the title, but not having him for the games that they should have certainly didn't do them any favours.

Unless they have the top brass actively working against them, for whatever reason.

Now, i'm not even a Celtic fan and I can see the blatant anti-Celtic bias in that situation. Farry was sacked because of it.

That season, Tommy Burn's Celtic team was the better team and they didn't rise above it, did they?

Cadete may not have won them the title, but not having him for the games that they should have certainly didn't do them any favours.

ofcourse on paper you could say cadete not being there was a hinderance... though if celtic had been refused robbie keane or bellamy when they signed(had work permits been an issue), celtic fans would be complaining the league woulda been different had they had them. as it turned out in those occassions... one great player, does not make a great team

To be fair, it was only one game, a Scottish Cup semi-final against Rangers. Cadete not playing had no impact on the title whatsoever, although it was highly unfair and probably contributed significantly to their inability to lift the cup that season.

Archived