Scottish Football Discussion Thread 2010/11

The Cum Doctor

We were unlucky to lose a close game at Ibrox today, eh? :laugh:

Managed by an ex-Hun and losing to that scoreline to allow Rangers to improve on goal difference? CONSPIRACY!!~

Anyhoo - you coming up for the game on Tuesday David?

Of course it's a conspiracy! We let Rangers win 6-0 so they can catch Celtic.

I'm hoping to get up on Tuesday, yeah, but it all depends on me getting away from work early enough to catch the bus. You going?

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
It's a bit late to call off the game though, isn't it? Wouldn't there be fans already making their way to Perth?

They had an 11am pitch inspection which isn't too bad. It's only a couple of hours to Perth at most for the supporters buses - although most of them were leaving at 10am. If you head down early to go to the bar then you take the risk.

Luckily we hadn't left yet.

11.15am pitch inspection. Feckin hold it at 10am FFS!

Anyways, I got my car all ready. Then I'm just on my way to get ready to pick you up and boom. Text that the game is off! Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck!

• Paid Members
Neil McCann played for Dundee today and scored a last minute winner against Raith Rovers.

Madness.

I saw someone mentioned it on Facebook on Friday and I assumed it was a joke. Amazing.

Who next week? Tommy Coyne?

• Paid Members
We were unlucky to lose a close game at Ibrox today, eh? :laugh:

Managed by an ex-Hun and losing to that scoreline to allow Rangers to improve on goal difference? CONSPIRACY!!~

Anyhoo - you coming up for the game on Tuesday David?

Of course it's a conspiracy! We let Rangers win 6-0 so they can catch Celtic.

I'm hoping to get up on Tuesday, yeah, but it all depends on me getting away from work early enough to catch the bus. You going?

I'll be there. My son and I have season tickets.

Should I take earplugs to protect him from the unsavoury chanting of your supporters? :p

Neil McCann played for Dundee today and scored a last minute winner against Raith Rovers.

Madness.

I saw someone mentioned it on Facebook on Friday and I assumed it was a joke. Amazing.

Who next week? Tommy Coyne?

He was still Falkirks best player by a long shot when he was turning out for them a while back. Dundee are manipulating the rules nicely and going along pretty well i am glad they lost the 25 points or they would be right up there! Good news for us today with McCann's late winner we can go top now if we beat Falkirk on Tuesday night but very tricky game as they are also in decent form.

I'll be there. My son and I have season tickets.

Should I take earplugs to protect him from the unsavoury chanting of your supporters? :p

Normally I would joke and say that you should, but I have to say that if you're taking your son with you, watch yourself.

The word on the street is that there's an element of Motherwell support that are coming to cause trouble because of the Craig Brown situation. I'm not sure how serious they intend to take it, but we have had our fair share of trouble recently, with Dundee United fans trashing a local Motherwell pub during a scuffle and clashes with Kilmarnock fans at Stranraer during the cup game.

Dundee are manipulating the rules nicely

Indeed. I've seen people moaning about Dundee "taking the piss" with it, but really, if you can use the rules to your advantage then why not?

Falkirk 1-0 Morton

In truth, the better team won, but neither side was helped by the referee. Three men sent off even though there wasn't a really bad tackle in the game. Carlo Monti and Michael Tidser went for us. Monti got a straight red for a simple sliding tackle that was late. I'm not sure whether pressure from fans and supporters made the mind up. It was a clear yellow for stopping a promising attack, but that's all. Tidser DID deserve to go for a second booking. Stupid tackle. Falkirk had a guy sent off for powering a guy off the ball. Second yellow. Again, ridiculous decision.

Falkirk looked decent. Played some nice passing football at times and their high diagonal balls into the box caused us bother on more than one occaision. Morton are nowhere near that level and it showed. We try and keep the ball on the deck but we have no idea what to do with it, and when playing a team like Falkirk, that showed.

Not too disheartened by the result as they are one of the better sides in the league.

There was indeed trouble at the Stranraer/Well match last weekend. You're right, apparently Killie/Well fans. Motherwell deserved the win though.

Stranraer v Montrose today. Decent enough game home side probably deserved to win in terms of possession but Mo had the clearer chances. Another point on the board and Livi picked up a win too. Not a bad day.

Dundee 2-1 Raith Rovers

In what can only go down as daylight robbery, Dundee legend Neil McCann gave me a moment I will remember forever.

For 84 minutes, we looked like we wouldn't have a chance of scoring in a brother, with a wallet full of

There was indeed trouble at the Stranraer/Well match last weekend. You're right, apparently Killie/Well fans. Motherwell deserved the win though.

Stranraer v Montrose today. Decent enough game home side probably deserved to win in terms of possession but Mo had the clearer chances. Another point on the board and Livi picked up a win too. Not a bad day.

Motherwell and Kilmarnock casuals. What is the world coming too? Was it three men and a dog like their usual support?

We were smashing yesterday. Jelavic is finally getting the chance to show the form we knew he could produce, Healy has a scoring record of one goal in one half hour already and although Naismith was taken off injured in the first half, it was likely more of a precaution since he'll be needed for Thursday's game. Weiss was brilliant too. Very pleased.

Archived