Scottish Football Discussion Thread 2010/11

The Cum Doctor

The red card was a red card by the letter of the law. I don't care if it was "harsh", we were told the exact same thing after Tynecastle in November after Joe Ledley cleanly won the ball albeit with a two-footed tackle with studs showing.

Hooper's ball over the top was taken down by Brown, who had an opportunity to shoot if he wasn't a) hauled back and then b) tripped by Considine. Diamond has no bearing on the situation at all. Brown was going to shoot, and Considine impeded him twice. It's a red, and a penalty.

Let's not mention the other penalties Celtic were denied though. Of course, Aberdeen were "done" by the ref. Laughable comments. You are lucky it was not 9 again after all the chances we created.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't believe people are questioning whether Considine should have been sent off or not. The rules clearly state he should for the tug. The Diamond argument is pish as without that tug he's not getting near Brown.

As for the comments about not booking players who could've been suspended for the Old Firm, should the ref just book them even when not one of the three commited a foul?

Celtic could easily have had another penalty when the ball is punched away from Hooper. Kris Commons handball wouldn't have happened without the push from Hartley. Jamie Langfield is also nowhere near his line when Stokes hit the penalty. Aberdeen weren't done at all for fuck sake.

• Paid Members
Enjoy it while you can, Martyn. Auld Broon doesn't have long left before he shuffles off this mortal coil.

Then you'll be back to being fucked again.

Maybe so, who knows.

One thing is for sure - when Pa Broon does go we won't be wanting that hopeless prick McCall from you. :thumbsup:

One thing is for sure - when Pa Broon does go we won't be wanting that hopeless prick McCall from you. :thumbsup:

The truth is, were willing to give McCall time, unlike you lot with McGhee.

Brown came in and did a decent job for us, steadying the ship after the mentalness of Gannon, but he was only really expected to stay for the one season. I'd always said that Brown isn't a long-term answer. We spent every day hoping that his next door neighbour wouldn't spot the milk & paper still sitting on the doorstep.

Personally, I'm happy to see where McCall takes us in the next season or so. We've been punching above our weight for a while now, but we've lost Reynolds, Jutkiewicz, Ruddy, O'Brien & Coke since last summer. Those were all influential players for us.

Still, we've brought in Randolph on a three year contract, who looks as good as, if not better than Ruddy, and the early signs are that Steve Jones looks decent too.

A top six finish will suit me fine this season, and we can see what McCall does in the summer.

A lot of 'Well fans look back on Browns reign with rose-tinted glasses, but it's worth remembering that he was responsible for bringing in the likes of Charalambous, Hollis and the superbly named shit footballer known as Esteban Casagolda.

He did a job, but he was always a short-term answer, just as he will be for you lot as well.

The only difference being that Motherwell have a better business plan and framework in place than Aberdeen do, so we'll continue bringing through top class youth players and the like, while you lot continue to underperform.

• Paid Members

Brown came in and did a decent job for us, steadying the ship after the mentalness of Gannon, but he was only really expected to stay for the one season. I'd always said that Brown isn't a long-term answer. We spent every day hoping that his next door neighbour wouldn't spot the milk & paper still sitting on the doorstep.

Personally, I'm happy to see where McCall takes us in the next season or so. We've been punching above our weight for a while now, but we've lost Reynolds, Jutkiewicz, Ruddy, O'Brien & Coke since last summer. Those were all influential players for us.

Still, we've brought in Randolph on a three year contract, who looks as good as, if not better than Ruddy, and the early signs are that Steve Jones looks decent too.

A top six finish will suit me fine this season, and we can see what McCall does in the summer.

A lot of 'Well fans look back on Browns reign with rose-tinted glasses, but it's worth remembering that he was responsible for bringing in the likes of Charalambous, Hollis and the superbly named shit footballer known as Esteban Casagolda.

He did a job, but he was always a short-term answer, just as he will be for you lot as well.

The only difference being that Motherwell have a better business plan and framework in place than Aberdeen do, so we'll continue bringing through top class youth players and the like, while you lot continue to underperform.

What's your opinion on the Jim Gannon era, David? I think he was OK for the time he was there. Might have had a few ego issues, but I don't think he was a bad boss for you lot.

What's your opinion on the Jim Gannon era, David? I think he was OK for the time he was there. Might have had a few ego issues, but I don't think he was a bad boss for you lot.

He fucked off a lot of the senior players with his attitude, and was a nightmare to work for according to other non-playing staff sources at the club.

He's only been the manager for a month!

Yeah, and were willing to wait & see what he does in the summer and beyond before making any judgements on him.

• Paid Members
He fucked off a lot of the senior players with his attitude, and was a nightmare to work for according to other non-playing staff sources at the club.

Was that not because he didn't play them? He gave a lot of good young players a chance, and seemed to have an eye for talent. He obviously did have a bit of an attitude, but from a managerial perspective he seemed pretty talented.

Was that not because he didn't play them? He gave a lot of good young players a chance, and seemed to have an eye for talent. He obviously did have a bit of an attitude, but from a managerial perspective he seemed pretty talented.

It wasn't solely down to the fact he didn't play them, it was the fact that he didn't give them any reason why he had dropped them, didn't mention what it would take for them to get back into his side, and he sent the likes of Craigan to train with the under 19 team.

He was also murder to work with if you were a member of the backroom staff or administration team at the club. The reports of what he was like are terrible.

On top of that, he had a tendency just before he got the bullet to get posted missing, turning his phone off and the like, which isn't good. Especially when it's been reported that you've been down south pimping yourself for other jobs.

In short, he was a prick.

• Paid Members

McGhee had 18 months which was how long he himself asked for to rebuild...

I think Brown more than steadied the ship at Well. He's the main reason you punched abouve your weight since Gannon left.

As i already said maybe so, who knows. I personally think we will probably get a couple of years out of him and Knox.

I would hardly class any of your recent youth products as "top class" but we'll have to agree to disagree on that one.

I don't think we will continue to underperform - I can see this summer being the turnaround. It will be a huge one for us though with Zander, Aluko and Clangers all likely to leave - many would say not before time too. Sadly we'll be stuck with Mackie for a little while longer.

Archived