Scottish Football Discussion Thread 2010/11

The Cum Doctor

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I've seen that Derby are intrested in Conor Sammon from Kilmarnock, has anyone seen this guy, is he any good?

He's an average SPL player on a very hot streak right now. Mixu was only playing him because he had nobody else.

It'll be interesting to see how he does now that the star of the team Eriamenko is suspended.

• Paid Members
I've seen that Derby are intrested in Conor Sammon from Kilmarnock, has anyone seen this guy, is he any good?

He's an average SPL player on a very hot streak right now. Mixu was only playing him because he had nobody else.

It'll be interesting to see how he does now that the star of the team Eriamenko is suspended.

Martyn, I'm going to shock you by agreeing with you.

It may well be that Sammon will keep up this streak to prove that he's improved as a player, but as it stands it's difficult to say whether he's actually as good as the interest surrounding him merits. Now and again an average SPL player goes on a hot streak and gets linked with big clubs, before they tumble back down to earth when it turns out they just got lucky. Look at Kiegan Parker, Tam McManus and Mark Burchill as examples of this.

Morton 2-1 Ross County

We're beginning to turn into a team that can beat the teams that we should be beating who are below us. That should keep us safe this season. We're also getting points against the likes of Raith and Dunfermline, so mid table will be fine. Derek Lyle is an inspired signing for us, scoring an absolute beauty and then setting up the winner for Allan Jenkins.

This season is beginning to turn into a bit of a non-event. I'm not as worried about the dogfight as I was and obviously we're not going to be challengers. I'll take a non-event over the dogfight though.

An interesting commentary from Desmond Kane of Yahoo Sports on the situation at Rangers;

A fool and his money are soon parted. To leaders suffering from hubris, such a proverb can prove to be gruesomely true. As a spectacle, the game of football continues to contain an innate ability to reduce sober-suited, profitable businessmen to regretful rags.

Sir Alan Sugar continues to be depicted as a wise old sage on television programmes such as The Apprentice, but the barrow boy from London's East End who discovered a a beach of gold after founding the Electronics firm Amstrad in the 1960s, never managed to use his gumption in avoiding the unique pitfalls of football.

The world game remains a forum where can you can squander millions of your personal fortune for the love of one club, and continue to be booed by its supporters when you return. There have never been any laws of logic governing the fundamentals of football.

Sugar conveyed the message that he viewed his period as the controller of Tottenham Hotspur in the 1990s as a waste of his time.

"Football is about the only business in the world where it's embarrassing to make money," said Sugar. Football is not the only business in the world where it is embarrassing to lose your bread, but it can prove to be the most painful.

The dearth of funds affecting Glasgow Rangers, champions of Scotland over the past two seasons, would be embarrassing if it was not so serious.

As chairman of a club in the English Premier League, Sugar made money on his controlling interest in Spurs when he sold up a decade ago. He received

What do the Morton gans think of Jenkins Haraga? When I'm out at the Sunday matches down here he often comes along and watches the amateur games. Plus, spoke to him through work and he is a nice guy.

Us Morton gans look on Jenkins fairly positively. :p

When Jenkins is playing well, Morton play well, and he has been brilliant this season. Some fans have something against him because he had a poor time of things. Those fans are fannies as he was playing with an injury.

• Paid Members
So we've signed Steven Smith from Norwich on loan and released Jerel Ifil and Andrius Velicka. Great conclusion to this transfer window!

Good riddance to Ifil. One of the worst players I have ever seen in an Aberdeen shirt - and that is saying something!

At least I can say I saw in person his only good performance for us.

• Paid Members

Providing Stevie Smith can stay fit that's a potentially a great signing for us. And if it all works out, fingers crossed we can make it permanent in the summer. It'd be nice to see Brown bring in another midfielder if he can, but all in all the squad is already looking much stronger than it was.

Archived