Scottish Football Discussion Thread 2010/11

The Cum Doctor

• Paid Members

East Stirlingshire face beinig thrown out of the Scottish Cup....

STV Sport Clicky

STV understands East Stirlingshire face expulsion from the Scottish Cup for fielding an ineligible player in their Scottish Cup win over Buckie Thistle on January 19. Goalkeeper Michael Andrews, on loan from Falkirk, was not registered for the game, which the Third Division club won 1-0.

Andrews has been on loan at Ochilview from Falkirk since the beginning of the season, with the two clubs indicating in July the player would move on a season-long loan.

Under the rules of the Scottish Football League, a temporary transfer may only last until the day prior to the commencement of the next transfer window. Therefore, East Stirlingshire were required to re-register Andrews with the Scottish Football Assocation, in order to retain his services for the remainder of the season.

East Stirlingshire indicated their desire to do so on December 17 and posted the appropriate paperwork to Hampden Park on the same day. However, as of yet, the registrations department of the SFA have yet to receive the papers required.

As Andrews

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Why? It's not the first time Dundee have gone into administration so they should (and have been) made an example of.

I'm not entirely up to speed on the situation regarding Dundee, but would I be right in saying that the people who were running the club into the ground have fucked off, leaving more sensible heads to clean up their mess?

Well yeah, they are trying to sort out the mess. It doesn't mean the club should be excused though.

To the surprise of no-one Calum Melville has turned out to be a complete crook.

I've realised that following Saturday's result, it looks like I've become somewhat absent, so rather than allow that to continue I would like to make the following official statement...

Fuck Kyle Lafferty.

That is all.

It took you two and a half years to realise the guy is a fucking diddy and a waste of skin, oxygen and

Why? It's not the first time Dundee have gone into administration so they should (and have been) made an example of.

I'm not entirely up to speed on the situation regarding Dundee, but would I be right in saying that the people who were running the club into the ground have fucked off, leaving more sensible heads to clean up their mess?

Well yeah, they are trying to sort out the mess. It doesn't mean the club should be excused though.

To the surprise of no-one Calum Melville has turned out to be a complete crook.

I'd hold out on the croos statement until he is found guilty (which yeah, he will in all likelyhood be found.)

Nobody feels we shouldn't have been punished, we can all agree that a 10-15 point penalty would be completely fair, and in line with every other league in Europe, 25 though on the other hand is scandalous, and disproportionate.

Rumours are that we've now raise ~

I've realised that following Saturday's result, it looks like I've become somewhat absent, so rather than allow that to continue I would like to make the following official statement...

Fuck Kyle Lafferty.

That is all.

It took you two and a half years to realise the guy is a fucking diddy and a waste of skin, oxygen and

I think it should mean that, unless the guilty parties still own the club in question.

Relegating the club and taking points from them only punishes the fans, the players, and the employees at the club who are trying to make an honest wage.

Last time I checked, none of the above could be held accountable for the financial trouble the club finds itself in.

I hope Dundee avoid relegation, simply so I can see them stick two fingers up at the Scottish footballing establishment. Apart from that, Dundee are a Scottish football institution.

I'd be happier seeing chump change sides like Morton go down ;)

• Paid Members
I hope Dundee avoid relegation, simply so I can see them stick two fingers up at the Scottish footballing establishment. Apart from that, Dundee are a Scottish football institution.

Absolutley 100% agree on this one.

It would be a shame if Dundee's most successful team went under.

If Dundee can keep hold of Harkins and Griffiths in January i would still fancy them to stay up.

As i said back in November and I still stand by this. By all accounts they are performing fantastically well of late.

Absolutley 100% agree on this one.

It would be a shame if Dundee's most successful team went under.

If Dundee can keep hold of Harkins and Griffiths in January i would still fancy them to stay up.

As i said back in November and I still stand by this. By all accounts they are performing fantastically well of late.

I wish we were still Dundee's must successful club, but the DABs won the Scottish in May, making it 5-5 in majors. :angry:

Personally, I think we are in no doubt of relegation, and can see us finishing mid-table, but their is nothing stopping Jocky Scott and his Jet-pack 11 at Stirling putting a run together and making it difficult.

According to the rather excellent journalist Phil Mac Giolla Bhain, Celtic officials (well, some of them anyway) are backing the boycott of the Kilmarnock game;

Article.

They can't be thinking very clearly if they are. At this time especially, it's a crazy route to go down imo.

Of more interest was his piece from a few days ago regarding Rangers' little ongoing tussle with the taxman, not that the average fan would probably be aware of it. Murray's press poodles appear to be doing a sterling job as far as that's concerned. Anyways, if there's any truth to it at all, it sounds more than a bit worrying for them even if parts of it do turn out to be an exaggeration.

• Paid Members
According to the rather excellent journalist Phil Mac Giolla Bhain, Celtic officials (well, some of them anyway) are backing the boycott of the Kilmarnock game;

Article.

They can't be thinking very clearly if they are. At this time especially, it's a crazy route to go down imo.

I disagree. It's exactly the route they want you to go down. It's tight at the top between Rangers, Celtic and Hearts and, if the Celtic fans are convinced that the SFA is conspiring against them, then the board won't be blamed regardless of where the title ends up. It already seems to have distracted the fans away from the fact that war criminal John Reid is Chairman.

Of more interest was his piece from a few days ago regarding Rangers' little ongoing tussle with the taxman, not that the average fan would probably be aware of it. Murray's press poodles appear to be doing a sterling job as far as that's concerned. Anyways, if there's any truth to it at all, it sounds more than a bit worrying for them even if parts of it do turn out to be an exaggeration.

If anyone of that is accurate then Rangers should take legal action against HMRC to force them to take our original offer, whenever we feel like paying it, and then allow us to continue to dodge tax. We won't but it would be pretty great to see what would happen if someone tried to follow the precedent set by HMRC's dodgy dealings with Vodaphone.

Seriously though. I think the worst that can come from this is that we'd be pushed into administration and then bought at a cut price. Given the state of Murray's finances, that really might not be the worst thing to happen to the Club.

Archived