Scottish Football Discussion Thread 2010/11

The Cum Doctor

Actually, Morton make a loss of about 7k a year. Not quite the same thing when you consider Golden Casket making a profit of about 250k a year. All of our debts are to Golden Casket btw, so if Dougie Rae DID decide to go, or Crawford, the only debt we'd have would come after they've gone.

Exactly my point I was aiming at. "Benefactors"...discuss.

Last time I checked last summer, you lads owed

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot of that million comes from the daft arse wagebill that Jim McInally mounted. Granted Rae allowed it. But the transfers and wage bills combined from that time are pretty grim. Even Davie Irons didn't manage that.

We spent about 400,000 alone on Russell and Templeman during that spell, and we must have brought in about 15 other diddies for fees. For the record, Morton fans were, and still are, down the throat of Rae for his reckless spending. While Dundee fans lorded their wealth over everyone.

Morton fans were, and still are, down the throat of Rae for his reckless spending. While Dundee fans lorded their wealth over everyone.

Maybe on Pie and Bovril lad, but elsewhere we were all cautious over it. Bear in mind the large bulk of our debts to be called in are due to gross negligence at boardroom level in not paying the PAYE. Not in debts to companies.

Edit - and certainly not due to buying GGH and Griffiths, neither of those will ever be paid by Dundee as Melville transferred the money to DFC to buy those two.

Something tremendously hilarious that a Dundee is slinging mud at other clubs for being in debt.

Just how much did the collection (begging) buckets bring in at your last home game?

I'm certainly not slinging mud mate, just pointing out facts, and the irony in many peoples opinions. Saying we should get relegated for going in to admin is just hilarious. 10 points is European standard, so 25 points or relegation just shows blind idiocy.

I'd say we raise another

• Paid Members
Something tremendously hilarious that a Dundee is slinging mud at other clubs for being in debt.

Just how much did the collection (begging) buckets bring in at your last home game?

Saying we should get relegated for going in to admin is just hilarious.

Why? It's not the first time Dundee have gone into administration so they should (and have been) made an example of.

In saying that it's not really going to matter as the biggest crime in all of this is you won't be relegated. All the punishment has really done is denied you promotion for another season.

Saying we should get relegated for going in to admin is just hilarious.

Why? It's not the first time Dundee have gone into administration so they should (and have been) made an example of.

In saying that it's not really going to matter as the biggest crime in all of this is you won't be relegated. All the punishment has really done is denied you promotion for another season.

Theirs 9 clubs in England which have done the same as us, in the sense of entering administration twice. None were hit with 25 points or anything near that. The role of administration as a process is to help the company to continue, so by compensating this with an over-zealous punishment is slightly contradictory no? If Motherwell were to go in to administration tomorrow, would you be shouting for them to get relegated? If they were, all that would happen is a 10 point deduction Like wise Dunfermilne? Include that Livi went in admin twice and were demoted for a completely different reason, then it's hardly an even playing field is it?

On a side note, you go to the WZ show don't you mate? Hit me up next week :blush:

• Paid Members
If Motherwell were to go in to administration tomorrow, would you be shouting for them to get relegated?

You bet your fucking ass I would.

On a side note, you go to the WZ show don't you mate? Hit me up next week :blush:

Yeah I'll be there as always. It'll be another packed house this time.

If Motherwell were to go in to administration tomorrow, would you be shouting for them to get relegated?

You bet your fucking ass I would.

It wouldn't happen though, thats what i'm getting at, SPL rules state 10 points and thats that. Theirs so many different levels, companies, leagues and arseholes, that their isn't a level playing field for all teams, including yours.

Yeah I'll be there as always. It'll be another packed house this time.

Indeed, heard good things about this venue. If I were to say my initials are JK, or often reffered to as JM, would you gather who I am?

• Paid Members
Indeed, heard good things about this venue. If I were to say my initials are JK, or often reffered to as JM, would you gather who I am?

Ha! Yeah I'd worked out who you were. ;)

Cool, when we meet, you're getting it. :sly:

I bet you say that to all the boys! :p

Ha! Yeah I'd worked out who you were. ;)

Cool, when we meet, you're getting it. :sly:

I bet you say that to all the boys! :p

Daaaaaarling.

I'm not entirely up to speed on the situation regarding Dundee, but would I be right in saying that the people who were running the club into the ground have fucked off, leaving more sensible heads to clean up their mess?

Archived