Scottish Football Discussion Thread 2010/11

The Cum Doctor

Incidentally, should Rangers and Celtic draw in the Scottish Cup, the replay will probably be scheduled to fall on the date of this game. How many Celtic fans will boycott that one?

You mean the game in the SFA's tournament and the most logical one to boycott? I'd imagine the boycott might go on the back burner there.

The boycott does, of course, make no sense. Dundee doing much the same thing in the first division. Stupidity is all it is. Nothing else.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Add to the fact your actually playing in a real football stadium, as opposed to 4 sheds with seats in them like most SPL grounds. Hamilton's is an absolute joke. Falkirk's was ridiculous as well.

Well, it's worth noting that the "real" football stadium that Rangers call home is starting to show some signs of wear & tear. Most likely due to the lack of financial resources they have to keep it in tip top shape, right?

7 or 8 years ago a situation like that wouldn't have been an issue.

Well, clubs like us have been facing that financial position for fucking years. Some of us don't have the benefit of being financed by a fanbase of tens of thousands of people who live a few hundred years in the past when it comes to religion.

As i've said before, you can't strangle the other 10 clubs in the league financially then complain that we don't have facilities and teams who are up to scratch.

But we can blame the other 9 SPL clubs for their short sightedness for rejecting the Sky deal a couple years ago to sign on with Setanta.

But we can blame the other 9 SPL clubs for their short sightedness for rejecting the Sky deal a couple years ago to sign on with Setanta.

Bang on the money. Celtic, Rangers and Aberdeen had the totally correct idea. Short-sighted is the exact turn of phrase I'd use as well when talking about the other SPL club's handling of the TV deal.

Bang on the money. Celtic, Rangers and Aberdeen had the totally correct idea. Short-sighted is the exact turn of phrase I'd use as well when talking about the other SPL club's handling of the TV deal.

What was it that made you teams wary? Just the idea that the Sky deal was a safer bet?

Right idea if so.

• Paid Members

What was it that made you teams wary? Just the idea that the Sky deal was a safer bet?

Right idea if so.

There was talk at the time from all three clubs that the Setanta deal was flawed and offered no long-term security.

Hearts 1-0 Rangers

That really does set the cat among the pigeons. I've never been this excited about an SPL season. If they win against Celtic, I think the OF will be worried.

More importantly, Dundee 1-0 Falkirk. OOOOOFT! Think it's safe to say we are staying up, getting through the CVA is the huge task though.

662 minutes since the Dees conceeded a league goal.

13 league goals without reply.

1 FULL CALANDER YEAR without losing a home league game.

12 league games without defeat.

It's a shame you can't be punished further, because you deserve to be relegated. I suppose it goes to show that you can cheat and get away with it.

Come off your high horse, your speaking like every other club in the division doesn't have debts. Like Dunfermilnes

Other clubs might have debt, but other clubs didn't spend hundreds of thousands putting a team together to win the division and then moan when it didn't happen.

WAH WAH WAH!!!

:laugh:

Those were funded by a benefactor...you'd know what that is seen as Morton will only survive as long as Dougie Rae is alive. Last time I checked, it was you that was moaning...

WAH WAH WAH. :rolleyes:

What are the assets that Dundee own again?

The DBBT last month agreed in principle to buy Dens back from John Bennett once the club exit administration, so the stadium would be one thing.

Crawford will end up like Stephen Thompson at United, no doubt. Inherit something that costs his inheritance

Actually, Morton make a loss of about 7k a year. Not quite the same thing when you consider Golden Casket making a profit of about 250k a year. All of our debts are to Golden Casket btw, so if Dougie Rae DID decide to go, or Crawford, the only debt we'd have would come after they've gone.

Archived