Scottish Football Discussion Thread 2010/11

The Cum Doctor

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Adams was a serial complainer almost every time i saw Ross County last year. A lot of it went under the radar due to the lack of a 4th official below SPL level.

Watching Celtic v Hamilton here and McCourt is getting kicked off the park with little or no protection from Collum. Meanwhile Forrest got a straight red card which was pretty similar to Lafferty's effort the other night which led to him getting no more than a stern warning.

Absolutely mental game at New Douglas Park. Cerny was awesome whilst Collum was fucking awful on both sides. Hamilton finish with nine men - basically eight as Imrie was virtually static due to injury after 85mins, save for one final chase. Hamilton hung on though. As far as the Forrest challenge goes, well I'm sorry but you take that risk whenever you make a challenge like that. Look at Tiote or Gerrard's challenges from the FA Cup over the weekend for similar situations.

[EDIT] Also fingers crossed I can get a .gif of Lennon celebrating like a numpty at the end from that corner that went out before it went back in.

Hamilton's goal was offside, yes. The McGinn thing wasn't a penalty although it shouldn't have been a yellow card for diving. McGinn didn't go over on purpose, it was just a challenge.

Here's a thought though. Maybe... just maybe... the referees in Scotland aren't very good at all. Not just the ones who are refereeing Celtic games. I'm talking about all the referees in Scotland being a wee bit guff, with the possible exception of Craig Thomson and even then he's not a great advert. Celtic seem to misinterpret it as being some great slight against them, but in fact, isn't it entirely conceivable that all the refs are just a bit wank?

Archived