THREAD FOR QUESTIONS ABOUT THE UKFF FORUM ONLY!

neil

I've been away at Star Wars Celebration all weekend so luckily this outage more or less passed me by. As good timing as it could have been!

Outage? Fuck me.

Aaaaand we're back.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I don't know if there's a mod available for this on the UKFF's software, but on another forum I'm a member of it warns you when someone else has submitted a reply before you submit yours.

It's really useful, because on here I'm forever editing my posts to insert a quote from the one that's no longer directly above mine. It's easy enough to check before submitting when you're at your PC, but less feasible on your phone.

The alternative of course is to always quote the post I'm commenting on, but that's annoying for other people to read on occasions when I actually have managed to type fast enough on a touchscreen to avoid someone changing the context in between posts.

It's probably just one of those minor inconveniences we have to put up with as committed practicers of Forum Lyf, but if there happens to be an easily applied mod out there then I thought I'd just put it on the wishlist for consideration.

• Paid Members

Yeah, it definitely works on desktop version most of the time. The times when it doesn't is when you have hit the post button but nothing happens, and you aren't sure whether you posted or not and end up double-posting.

Nothing on the mobile skin, though.