THREAD FOR QUESTIONS ABOUT THE UKFF FORUM ONLY!

neil

20 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

The forum did that for me tonight but from my phone. Deleting my cookies and logging in again seemed to do the trick.

Haha, that's done the trick, just think how many downvotes you would've got in the good old days for passing on that info!

• Paid Members

I followed a popular topic yesterday and thought it was odd that I was the only person doing so. Now, after my inbox has been inundated with emails that "x has posted in y", I understand why: notifications for "content I follow" come only by email and not on the site because "the administrator has disabled this option from being toggled". If you choose to follow a topic, you get a new email every time somebody adds a comment.

Could you remove this limitation, please @Moo, so that we can choose to get the notifications through the site whilst we're online? The setting is found in Members > Member Settings > Notifications. 

On 1/12/2019 at 9:45 AM, Chest Rockwell said:

Maybe a mod stepped in and fixed something

😂

On 2/5/2019 at 9:24 AM, Chest Rockwell said:

Done.

1534794728.4793-smiley.gif

• 4 weeks later...
  • Awards Moderator

The navigation at the bottom has changed for me. It used to list which topic I would be clicking under "next unread topic". 

20190302_210746.thumb.jpg.b924b11b414d06aa243e8038659c41b3.jpg

This happening for anyone else? (Chrome Android) 

• Admin

We are on the latest major version of the software for invision board (4.4) so there are a few changes. While it was upgrading it threw a few errors mainly due to my own silliness but all done now.

• Paid Members
On 3/2/2019 at 9:09 PM, Onyx2 said:

The navigation at the bottom has changed for me. It used to list which topic I would be clicking under "next unread topic". 

This happening for anyone else? (Chrome Android) 

It's a deliberate change by the manufacturers. It was negatively impacting performance on massive boards with hundreds of active unread topics so they nixed it in the lastest minor version.

• Awards Moderator
37 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

It's a deliberate change by the manufacturers. It was negatively impacting performance on massive boards with hundreds of active unread topics so they nixed it in the lastest minor version.

I guess that makes sense. I've just stopped using the NEXT UNREAD TOPIC button because half the time it's a football thread or something similar I'm not interested in. I back up to the main board instead. 

• Awards Moderator
On 3/3/2019 at 2:44 AM, Moo said:

We are on the latest major version of the software for invision board (4.4) so there are a few changes. While it was upgrading it threw a few errors mainly due to my own silliness but all done now.

I've lost my top navigation on Chrome desktop now - it's 'there' if you mouseover, it's just all whited out.

• Paid Members
On 3/5/2019 at 3:28 PM, Onyx2 said:

I've lost my top navigation on Chrome desktop now - it's 'there' if you mouseover, it's just all whited out.

I'm on Chrome too but am seeing this, where padding and a background colour have been added:

f3fQ4lz.jpg

I've seen people take this approach to prevent the icons clashing with the background because it's easier to select the element wrapping the icons than the icons themselves. If that's the case here and @Moo would've actually preferred to change the icon colour, it can be done with 

#elUserNav > li > a {
  color:#375476;
}
#elUserNav > li > a:hover {
  color:#e6e8eb;
}