THREAD FOR QUESTIONS ABOUT THE UKFF FORUM ONLY!

neil

• Paid Members

I agree with David here. I like the pictures Wand puts in his posts as it adds to his excellent write-ups, and his opening posts always kick-start or increase my interest in any UFC event. 

It'd be great if someone wanted to/had the time to/could be bothered, to do the same kind of post to kick off an individual PPV thread on the wrestling side of things, but it's time consuming, a lot of hassle, and no doubt difficult, so I can understand that the Mega Thread is a handy option. 

• Paid Members

I did a couple but then the next PPV someone else just started a thread and we discussed it in there. It's established in the MMA forum. So much apathy on-topic that most PPVs just fit the "Minor PPV" mega thread now. Crazy that this one-off in Saudi is more interesting than anything they've done on PPV for a ocuple of years bar Mania.

It was actually after reading Chest's post a page back about the PPV threads that I decided to throw something together for the Saudi event. I was under the impression that individual event threads were frowned upon in on-topic, but obviously that isn't the case.

Don't think it would be needed for every PPV mind you, especially with the amount of shows that WWE pump out, but individual threads for the original "big four" could maybe work.

• Paid Members

Nah they're not frowned upon, they just don't gain much interest. The threads usually start a day or so before the show itself. I'd be happy to see Wand-esq threads for WWE PPVs. Pretty sure we still get separate threats for the big 4 anyway.

• Awards Moderator

Taping spoilers are frowned upon in that thread. 

If WWE start blabbing about them on social media as they've done sometimes, it gets a bit more grey. Spoiler rules were always based on air dates but it's harder now. 

• Paid Members

You should be alright in there @waters44. The only taping spoilers (aside from those in spoiler tags, which to be honest aren't common anyway) could be when a big name debuts, but as Onyx says that's only if WWE plaster it everywhere first anyway.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
1 minute ago, Your Fight Site said:

Is the forum looking slightly borked for any one else at the minute…?

It is for me. It's got two boxes down the left hand side saying "Find Results That Contain"...

Does anyone else have problems with posts displaying Twitter content on their phone?  If someone posts a picture from Twitter it just appears as a blank post to me.  For ages I genuinely thought there were just a lot of people accidentally blank posting until I saw someone quoting and replying to one.  When I check the forum on my laptop I can see they're images from Twitter.  Similarly if anyone posts a direct link/quote box thing to Twitter and I try to click on the link, it doesn't open and the whole link/quote just box disappears.  It's incredibly annoying.