Wrestling Books

Bring Back Minipops

3 hours ago, SBD said:

Has anyone ordered or had dealings with Crowbar Press at all

Thanks

I purchased 'Hooker' the Lou Thesz autobiography a good few years back from them.  No problems or anything in receiving it, the only slight issue was that it was poorly packaged and just sent in a regular flat mail envelope. 

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, Daily Buzzard said:

Crowbar press is an excellent site but their postage just got too expensive to make it worthwhile when the books are available on kindle at a lower price. 

I messaged them a bit back and they wanted $35 to post 1 book and its the same postage if you buy 3 after asking about cheaper postage options they stopped replying but i also seen someone post they bought 3 books paid the postage and the amount on the parcel was $20 when they got asked for a refund again stopped replying

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I loved Tim Hornbakers Capitol Revolution and slowly getting through his book about the NWA (it’s quite epic). The new book sounds amazing.

Crowbar press are very good. The postage is always tricky with getting stuff here from the US but I have always found them quite helpful.

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members
On 1/15/2018 at 6:30 PM, WeeAl said:

Will do mate, with how good all the reviews have been so far I'm expecting it'll not take very long!

I finished Crazy Like a Fox whilst on my holidays and I have to say Liam, it was a fantastic read. Great work man. Even with quite a well known story you managed to get into so much details andthere were lots of things in the book that I didn't know about at all. I really enjoyed and it deserves all the praise you've gotten for it within the industry. I'm looking forward to finding out if you have another project in the works for the future! 

For some reason, I am unsure why, but I read Struttin' and Cuttin' the Brutus Beefcake autobiography. He spends a lot of it talking about how every woman wanted to shag him or about how he would have become famous without Hulk Hogan, although the story says that Hogan got him all of his contacts. In the WCW part he does pretty much admit that Hogan and Savage got him what he wanted to be The Disciple. He pretty much admits that his WCW run was silly although he does think he deserved to headline Starrcade 94. It's a giggle in places, but often laughing at him rather than with him. The most entertaining parts are hearing about the territories, and his injury is interesting in its own way.

Currently reading 'Kamala Speaks' - I have to say this is one of the most interesting, informative and engaging wrestling books I've read in years. I forgot just how much James Harris had done, it covers so many promotions all over the world and he's not afraid to tell the bad side of it as well. It's a great read. Highly recommended. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Death Of WCW vs Nitro 

Having read neither I'm wondering which is better

I know Bischoff has slated Death Of WCW and people say it's due to it all being true and he seems to be fully behind the Nitro book which makes me wonder if it's the way "Eric remembers"

14 minutes ago, SBD said:

Death Of WCW vs Nitro 

Having read neither I'm wondering which is better

I know Bischoff has slated Death Of WCW and people say it's due to it all being true and he seems to be fully behind the Nitro book which makes me wonder if it's the way "Eric remembers"

The Nitro book isn't a wrestling book like Death, it's more from Turners business side of things with actual interviews and emails from the people behind the scenes.

• 1 month later...