Wrestling Books

Bring Back Minipops

• Paid Members
19 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

Is there anywhere that tracks when certain books go cheap on kindle?

www.bookbub.com is a free service you can subscribe to that emails you daily with free and cheap book deals. You can tell it what genres you like, but it can be a bit hit and miss with the books you get notified about. 

4 chapters into Heartbreak and Triumph on Archive.org

Shawn really seems quite dense if this is anything to go by.

You wouldn't know he would turn out to be such a prick by reading it so far.

LOL at the Ouelette story Some one mentioned on another thread recently.

No idea if it's true but I feel guilty for laughing if it is.

Shawn Michaels couldn't understand why people were against himself and Diesel forfeiting the Tag Team Championships, justifying it as keeping Diesel strong with a view to winning the World Championship. Erm, if that's the case then Shawn could've eaten the pinfall.

Shawn Michaels suggested the Iron Man Match with Bret going to overtime, justifying it as making himself and Bret look stronger than they would trading falls. Yeah sure, not because it meant you would win without Bret ever pinning you.

Pisses and moans about Vince's assertion that Diesel kick out of a Superkick and not sell it as a near-fall in their WM match, saying it killed the crowd, but omits the fact he deliberately botched Diesel's Powerbomb to undermine him.

*Halfway through Heartbreak and Triumph

Sidenote: I was always led to believe that the Kliq took HHH under his wing but Shawn says in the book that HHH came up to Shawn and Diesel and asked if he could hang around with them. How different wrestling history could've been if they saw through him and told him to piss off.

• Paid Members

Recently finished Jim Ross' book. I enjoyed it and learnt a lot from his early life pre and during UWF, but felt it was cut short.

JR is someone who could have filled a Bret Hart sized autobiography, especially given the high profile roles he's held backstage over the years. Like many of these books, I felt it was rather lacking in details and tended to skim over things quite a lot.

Anybody read the Brutus Beefcake book?

Really considering getting this as I'm sure he has an interesting story to tell as he been around forever, well travelled and was around for some key times in wrestling be interesting to hear his opinions and thoughts. 

For some reason I'm drawn to getting Through the Shattered Glass by Jeanie Clark she didn't have the longest career but be interesting to hear the female perspective of life in wrestling and of course her with Steve Austin. Id rather read this than the Sunny book got no desire to read that one. Always wished Sherri Martel released a book before she passed that would have been pretty great I could imagine.

Edited by C-Rock

1 hour ago, C-Rock said:

Anybody read the Brutus Beefcake book?

Really considering getting this as I'm sure he has an interesting story to tell as he been around forever, well travelled and was around for some key times in wrestling be interesting to hear his opinions and thoughts. 

For some reason I'm drawn to getting Through the Shattered Glass by Jeanie Clark she didn't have the longest career but be interesting to hear the female perspective of life in wrestling and of course her with Steve Austin. Id rather read this than the Sunny book got no desire to read that one. Always wished Sherri Martel released a book before she passed that would have been pretty great I could imagine.

I really enjoyed the Jennie Clark book. An interesting mix of British Wrestling & American with domestic disputes & drug abuse to keep it interesting.
I  read it last summer in three days, which is very quick by my standards. I doubt you will be disappointed :)

Probably one of the rarest and most expensive books to get a hold of. There was a copy on eBay about 2 months ago for over £100 haven't seen once since. 

It's like the holy grail of wrestling books, it's been given awesome reviews, definely a one id like to read.

Depending on how much you are looking to spend on a copy there's this for over £500

https://www.amazon.com/Playboy-Gary-Hart-Life-Wrestling/dp/0692000461

Edited by C-Rock

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Finally picked up Crazy Like a Fox. It really is as good as everyone says it is, and more. I think it may be my favourite wrestling book of all time, surpassing Pure Dynamite and Hitman.

@Liam O'Rourke It must be utterly bizarre to have Steve Austin and Vince Russo base the guts of a podcast around your writings...