Wrestling Books

Bring Back Minipops

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, NoUseforaUsername said:

File Jericho books under fiction?

http://forums.thesmartmarks.com/lofiversion/index.php?t89037.html

If he made up a fight about this guy backing down from him in SMW then why is everyone so quick to believe his account of the Goldberg fight? Sure I remember neutral accounts that said Gregory Helms got the best of Jericho in a fight one time.

Reminds me of the time everyone said Booker-T beat up Batista, probably just because Batista was unpopular in the locker room, and then Finlay came out and said Batista was actually getting the best of him.

Anyways.. it's an interesting letter from someone that worked with Jim Cornette in SMW who says Jericho fabricated stories for his book.

Dude, this is old. I remember reading that 10 years ago. We get it, you don’t like Jericho and yes, he bullshits sometimes. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
37 minutes ago, eugenespeed said:

Finally getting round to reading Spandex Ballet by Lee Kyle. 

Bloody hell, yes. I started it, and was loving it, but misplaced it after a trip. Found it last week and really want to get back to it.

So yeah, Lees book, Liam’s book and then Andres. Plenty to get through.

• Paid Members

I'm sure it's already been mentioned, but the Kindle Version of Crazy Like A Fox by @Liam O'Rourke is out. It's free is you've got Kindle Unlimited and also seems to be on Kindle Prime lending library. It's a great read. Some hilarious anecdotes in there. I just got past the Flair rib and Zenk/Midnight Express stuff, so have a long way to go. I'll likely end up buying a copy as well so I have it around permanently.

• Paid Members
33 minutes ago, Liam O'Rourke said:

Thanks very much for the shout dude - the Kindle version is released at last! Glad you're enjoying it so far, though @jazzygeofferz, please keep me posted as you progress through it!

Finished it this morning during a power cut and it passed the time wonderfully. I even forced myself to watch Starrcade '91 yesterday. It was so easy to read, which isn't to say there's not a lot of meat to it. It's a great read, and I like the positives you stuck in at the end as well. Loved the bit about the Blonds, as they were a brilliant team and probably my favourite of all time. The Loose Cannon stuff was a real page turner and you can't help wondering, as so many have said, what would have happened if he hadn't had the accident. If I'd been drinking a brew I'd have choked on it when I read Kim Wood's thoughts on that particular subject.

Heartily recommended to have a look at, unlike Starrcade '91. Although there are a couple of decent moments. Terence Taylor & Tom Zenk Vs Luger & Arn is decent. Taylor gets a lot of shine, even in defeat. He and Zenk had great chemistry, even though they were supposed to be on opposite sides of the fence, so to speak.

• 2 weeks later...