Wrestling Books

Bring Back Minipops

• Paid Members
Has anyone read the new Vince Russo book on his time with WCW? I'm in two minds about ordering it from amazon. The one unfavourable review on there (which describes it as 'the worst wrestling book ever written) has strangely made me want to read it more, due to this quote:

Strangely, he stops every four or five pages to praise either God, or Disco Inferno without any explanation.

:laugh: The God and Disco connection is a little strange, but I enjoyed Russo's book. For me, no matter what lies or half-truths are in there, I enjoyed reading his version of the truth. Like, Bischoff's book isnt exactly 100% truthful, but it's enjoyable if you remember that period of time. I liked Hogans new book as well. I got them both last week. Russo's books far from the worst book in history. It's quite decent.

Violent J from ICP gave Hogans book a hilariously glowing review on his radio show, so I had to buy it for that.

Edited by Ian_hitmanhart

Has anyone read the new Vince Russo book on his time with WCW? I'm in two minds about ordering it from amazon. The one unfavourable review on there (which describes it as 'the worst wrestling book ever written) has strangely made me want to read it more, due to this quote:

Strangely, he stops every four or five pages to praise either God, or Disco Inferno without any explanation.

:laugh: The God and Disco connection is a little strange, but I enjoyed Russo's book. For me, no matter what lies or half-truths are in there, I enjoyed reading his version of the truth. Like, Bischoff's book isnt exactly 100% truthful, but it's enjoyable if you remember that period of time. I liked Hogans new book as well. I got them both last week. Russo's books far from the worst book in history. It's quite decent.

For similar kinds of reasons to Magnum, I couldn't wait for Russo's book, but I personally thought it was a titanic disappointment. Basically the greatest peice of evidence for the fappers against Russo. It was hard to stick with, badly paced, horribly structured and nowhere near as detailed as it should have been. I think he comes across as a huge hypocrite in it too, even if it is good to get his side of things. And that's coming from somebody that actually likes him. Get it illegally free or whatever if you can, but I thought it was a waste of money.

• 1 month later...

I read Hogan's latest book whilst on holiday last week and obviously there are numerous things that I had to take with a pinch of salt, however overall he came over like a loving father and someone who had to put up with a nutty wife for years. However, in a way, he turned her into that house buying monster by never putting his foot down. He was the breadwinner and could of just said no.