Wrestling Books

Bring Back Minipops

There are two reasons for this thread.

1. I have just ordered a few books and was wondering if anyone else had read them.

2. Im looking for ideas as to what to get next after I've read these ones.

Ok I have ordered the following books on amazon:

1. Walking a golden mile - William Regal (wanted to read this one for a while)

2. Bobby The Brain Hennan - Wrestling's Bad Boy Tells All

3. Turning the Tables

4. Dungeon of Death

5. Missy Hyatt - First Lady of Wrestling

6. Main Event - WWE in the raging 80's

Has anyone read any of those and if so what are your thoughts?

Secondly after working my way through is there any titles anyone would say are must reads. I already have the following:

Foley's 3

Bret's

Jericho's

Flair's

Hogan's first

Eddie's

Michaels'

Angle's

Rise and Fall of ECW

Funk's

The Rock's

Kane's

Thanks guys :thumbsup:

3. Turning the Tables

Is this book any good? I know there's alot of ECW based products released during this period, so it sort of slipped under my radar. How good is the book? The Slamthology book by John Lister is really really good. A must read.

I dont know because I havent got it yet. I only ordered it. When I've read it I'll nip back into this thread and give my thoughts. :thumbsup:

Of the ones you've ordered, I've only read Regal's and it's very good. By far the best of the ghostwritten wrestling autobiographies I've read.

For other suggestions, I think the Death of WCW is a decent read, and the Hardy Boyz book is alright, though it seems like a straight transcript at times from an interview with them so from memory a lot of it is Matt telling a story and then Jeff saying "Yeah, absolutely, it was awesome, man" or some other line that seems a bit redundant for an autobiography.

Turning the Tables is absolutely fucking mint. As Lister posts on here, I'm a bit wary of getting stuck up his rim about it, but it really is one of the best wrestling books I've ever read. Probably the best written by somebody not involved properly in wrestling anyway.

Turning the Tables is absolutely fucking mint. As Lister posts on here, I'm a bit wary of getting stuck up his rim about it, but it really is one of the best wrestling books I've ever read. Probably the best written by somebody not involved properly in wrestling anyway.

This. As an ECW fan back in the day this is far the best book to cover the promotion, Ive actually read it 3-4 times, very easy to read, definately one of the best. Id say this is to ECW is what Bryan Alverez's Death of WCW is to WCW, also check that out to, excellent read.

Is Listers book available in shops? Got Slamthology at Waterstones, so I'd imagine Turning the Tables should be in there. Where's the best place to buy it?

Apparently not on amazon, where it's going for a whopping

I've read Bret Hart's, Shawn Michaels', Hulk Hogan's first, Stone Cold's, The Rock's, Mick Foley's first and Jerry Lawler's. I only enjoyed the first two, so you should read them. I will probably buy Jericho's new one when it comes out, but I need to get through Edge's first. Is it any good?

• Paid Members

Only place you can get Turning The Tables at an even vaguely reasonable price in the UK at the moment is LuLu:

http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/turn..._shelf/center/4

You'll need to create an account there to order and make sure to choose priority mail for the shipping option or you'll be raped.