UFC Undisputed 2010

darepool

anyone know if you can get hold of this demo via a magazine disc? Had a continuous problem with internet access at my place and would be cool if I could get it on a disc?

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've not heard any plans to release this on a demo disc.

Can't you use a friend or family members internet connection to download the game? its only about 900mb.

Anyone else find shoguns looping hook punches weird? he LEANS back and swings it really wild? =\

BTW.

Gamestation as well as Game are doing the 3 fighters exclusive to the ps3.

Also some exclusive Ps3 HD UFC matches + Fight camp exclusives.

How do you bob and weave?

VERY tempted to BUY this on the ps3 just for the extras, Roy Big Country Nelson is a PS3 exclusive.

Hold RB or i'm guessing R1 and flick the left stick. It's not nice and fluid like Fight Night but it helps a lot.

• Paid Members
When your in the mount position, how do you posture up to pound the holy fuck out the guys face?

Not sure for 360 but on the PS3 when you get to mount position you need to make a small movement on the right analogue stick.Not like a quarter way round I'm talking like 12 o'clock to 1 or 2 o'clock.That gets the other guy to let go of your head and you can start punching away until you gradually are postured up to a full sitting up position.

Takes some getting used to but once you do it once you'll get the hang of it.

Gamestation as well as Game are doing the 3 fighters exclusive to the ps3.

Also some exclusive Ps3 HD UFC matches + Fight camp exclusives.

By 3 exclusive fighters I assume you mean Royce Gracie,Dan Severn and Jens Pulver.I'm sure the PS3 version has those 3 wherever you get it from.

The Game exclusive fighters are Roy Nelson,Brendan Schaub,Marcus Jones and James McSweeney.These are on PS3 and XBox360 and will most likely be made available as a DLC package at some point but for now they are exclusives with certain stores/sites as far as I can tell.

The Blu Ray fights on the PS3 version are

Georges St Pierre vs BJ Penn 2 (UFC 94)

Chuck Liddell vs Wanderlei Silva (UFC 79)

Lyoto Machida vs Rashad Evans (UFC 98)

Brock Lesnar vs Frank Mir 2 (UFC 100)

Forrest Griffin vs Stephan Bonnar (Doesn't say which but I'd assume the TUF 1 Final)

When your in the mount position, how do you posture up to pound the holy fuck out the guys face?

Not sure for 360 but on the PS3 when you get to mount position you need to make a small movement on the right analogue stick.Not like a quarter way round I'm talking like 12 o'clock to 1 or 2 o'clock.That gets the other guy to let go of your head and you can start punching away until you gradually are postured up to a full sitting up position.

When your head is free don't you have to hold the left stick away from the opponent so you posture up? But that leaves it easier for them to transition as you're not controlling them at all.

• Paid Members

And talk about shitty timing,my PS3 fucked up on me over the weekend :(

It's out of guarrantee and I won't be able to afford another one for a while because I'm moving house with my girlfriend in late May/early June.

The game's pre-ordered and will arrive around the release date,I'll just have no way of playing the bastard thing for a while unless I go round to a mate's and take over their TV.Not ideal.

• Paid Members

When your head is free don't you have to hold the left stick away from the opponent so you posture up? But that leaves it easier for them to transition as you're not controlling them at all.

I think that's right yeah.It's definitely harder to maintain the mount position this year.

Be interesting to see what the spammers online will do now.Seemed like every fight I had online in 09 all they tried to do was get to mount and hold L3 back until you're gassed then slap on an armbar or start hammerfisting.

• Paid Members
Be interesting to see what the spammers online will do now.Seemed like every fight I had online in 09 all they tried to do was get to mount and hold L3 back until you're gassed then slap on an armbar or start hammerfisting.

Thing is if you was that easy to get mounted then its kinda your fault. The only way i got mounted was if they countered a slam. Its not spamming if they get on top and then hold you there.

On Undisputed I had a match stop because the cut was too bad on the guy I was fighting, also a few times after I have won my opponent he could not get up after the fight so it was just me and the ref standing up at the end.

If you gassed out then were armbarred..thats not exactly spamming. I've found that even holding down your opponent they will usually escape after the 2nd or 3rd attempt.

I've never had a fight stopped with a cut yet but i've had the doctor come in and look at the guys cut. Some of the animations on hooks etc seem a bit sloppy for my liking :(

• Paid Members
Thing is if you was that easy to get mounted then its kinda your fault. The only way i got mounted was if they countered a slam. Its not spamming if they get on top and then hold you there.

On Undisputed I had a match stop because the cut was too bad on the guy I was fighting, also a few times after I have won my opponent he could not get up after the fight so it was just me and the ref standing up at the end.

If you gassed out then were armbarred..thats not exactly spamming. I've found that even holding down your opponent they will usually escape after the 2nd or 3rd attempt.

I've never had a fight stopped with a cut yet but i've had the doctor come in and look at the guys cut. Some of the animations on hooks etc seem a bit sloppy for my liking :(

:laugh: Yeah to be honest I wasn't that good online.I wasn't getting mounted that easily but it seems like the players I was up against would usually just pick the highest rated fighter at each weight class and just stand there trying to catch strikes and then try to mount.Nothing really wrong with it but it does get a bit annoying.

Then when I would finally be winning a fight the fuckers would disconnect.My online record ended up something like 27-16 if I remember right so yeah I wasn't very good.

Georges St Pierre vs BJ Penn 2 (UFC 94)

Is that the one where BJ got seriously owned and had to stop by Round 4 cos he was fucked?

Yeah that's the one.Suppose they could've picked a more competitive fight.Surprised Sanchez vs Guida wasn't on there.

• Paid Members

Man I love this game.

The way I play has changed drastically, and I feel I'm getting better. On 09 I wasn't so good on the stand up and tended to sway more to the ground side if I could, finding transitioning pretty easy.

Started out playing 2010 with my usual sub par stand up and found that rushing forward without much a game plan gets me knocked out easily.

Been playing on advanced all day and have developed a more well rounded 'constant movement, picking my stikes game' Seems to work really well. I like the fact that the ground game allows you to clinch up and have the ref stand you up faster. Finding Locking in and defending submissions impossible so try to avoid anything more than half guard whilst on my back. I'm happy with my progression. Will start expert soon.

I love how this game punishes you for even thinking that swinging for the fences will get you anywhere. You have to strike and defend intelligently or you're getting knocked the fuck out.

Great stuff

Archived