Dragon Gate UK : Shingo v Yokosuka 2 DVD Released!

Mark Sloan

Is Broxbourne walk-able from the train, or should I find a Taxi?

It's definitely walkable. About twenty minutes.

We got a well long walk... from the Marriot in Cheshunt. About 45min. Probably use the taxis.

Anyone else staying at the Marriot in Cheshunt and wants to share taxi fares? (PM)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Flying at 8am tmr morning to Stansetd. Hiring a car, driving to the Woodland Loodge in Hoddesdon which is a small walk from the venue.

Hitting the road about 11ish Saturday for St Ives. Catch the Everton Man U match, check in at the Travelodge Fernstanton, have a nap, catch the Barca Hercules game, hopefully at The Seven Wives pub, then to the venue. Looking like a good few days.

I'm also staying at the Cheshunt Travel Lodge. Didn't realise until today that is like 90 minutes walk away :/ definitely up for sharing taxi's to and from the hotel.

Yess, I booked that hotel thinking it was really close. Was hoping to walk so I could have a few drinks, cant see me walking 90 minutes :laugh:

Flying in the am tomorrow to stansted. Staying at the harlow travelodge. For anyone thats staying there looks like you an get a train to broxbourne. takes about 8 minutes, though Im not sure how far the station is from the venue.

Probably the easiest way, as it looks like a taxi would cost a lot.

• Paid Members
Is Broxbourne walk-able from the train, or should I find a Taxi?

btw anyone getting a cab to broxbourne stationon night one after the show? how much should it be?

No need for a cab - it's easily within walking distance (15-20 mins walking along the road, 10-15 mins walking along the canal path).

Directions:

Option 1 (15-20 mins)

Exit the station building and walk up through the car park to the road. Turn right, and walk all the way up to the junction (you'll pass a playing field on the left). Turn right at the end and just keep walking along the road. You'll pass a few shops and takeaways on the right, then eventually pass the Police Station on the left. Broxbourne Civic Hall just just after, on the left.

Option 2 (10-15 mins)

Exit the station building and IMMEDIATELY turn right, through a gate. Go up the stairs on the path and you will get to the canal. Turn right and walk along the path beside the canal. You'll have fields on your right hand side, and houses on the other side of the canal on your left. When you get to the SECOND BRIDGE WITH A ROAD OVER IT, turn left over the bridge and walk up the road. You will come out at the police station mentioned above.

I'm also staying at the Cheshunt Travel Lodge. Didn't realise until today that is like 90 minutes walk away :/ definitely up for sharing taxi's to and from the hotel.

Does this include a train journey, using google maps the travelodge is about 45 minutes walk from the station and a 4 min train journey to Broxbourne. I'm actually looking forward to the walk back from the second show to the Fenstanton travelodge though, it looks like a nice area.

I'm on a three day road trip from Penzance using public transport so if I get lost i'm up shit creek.

Archived