Dragon Gate UK : Shingo v Yokosuka 2 DVD Released!

Mark Sloan

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
QUOTE (lightningxlock @ Apr 17 2010, 18:16)

Yeh, why the fuck are they both down south. Makes zero sense

Living down in Cornwall, while Broxbourne is still a fair old drive away (to the north that is :) ), it's still about as close as one of these big shows is going to get, and I will definitely be attending, thanks Mark!

I have to agree with this, I'm going to be travelling from Penzance by public transport and its probably going to be an absolute chore but it's going to be worth the time and effort I put in. At last years Dragon Gate I got stuck at London Paddington at midnight for two hours in the freezing cold due to a faulty train, but I'm still going to go this year. It's not just the northerners that are inconvenienced by the choice of location but accept this is where it's going to be held and get over it because you get a lot more live wresting than we do in the southwest.

Besides you can book train fares upto three months in advance and when they first go on sell there dirt cheap. Plan early it won't be as expensive as you think.

Best of luck with this Mr Sloan. I've been critical of you in the past as you know r.e. contracts for talent etc, but its clear to see your love for this sort of thing so I hope it works out well.

EDIT: Works out well again.

Yeh, why the fuck are they both down south. Makes zero sense

It's fair enough to be annoyed that the shows are not near you, but "makes no sense" ???

I'm pretty sure this weekend has been pretty thoroughly researched and planned, so as to be cost effective and stop the ticket prices getting any higher.

Be reasonable man, you'd normally have to fly to JAPAN to see this stuff!!

In total my travel to Oxford for the last one was a three hour trip each way (as a non driver, getting trains to London, then a coach into Oxford)). You can drive to Broxbourne from Liverpool in about that time.

Trust me - any distance travelled will be worth it!

It really is things like this that make you wonder what people's mentality is, "it makes zero sense?" but to whom?

Mark, im one of your number 1 supporters and have been since you started doing these shows, so dont think for one minute im being ungrateful. I've travelled for NOAH, I tried to tavel for NOAH Night 2, i've travelled for DG and it's safe to say i'll probably be travelling for this. So given that, I dont think im massively out of line for voicing my displeasure over no Northern show yet again. I appreciate it works out geographically to do it like this, it'd just be nice considering there's 2 shows to play with to have a relatively Southern show and Northern show. I understand i'd have to go to Japan, and I dont expect wrestling on my doorstep im just making what I feel and others I know, a reasonable point.

But alas, im sure i'll still be coming along again and I anticipate only the highest quality action as you deliver each and every time.

What I am saying is that it isn't through want of trying, if i wanted to make it easy for myself, I would book a Portsmouth venue. I tried/wanted in no particular order :- Morecambe dome (Closing down) Victoria Halls, Hanley (Schedule), Leeds Town Hall (Cost), Sheffield Octagon (Other group got there first) etc etc, It isn't just a simple case of not wanting it. Was offered Liverpool Olympia last year and it is a massive venue, it (much like the SKydome) is a fantastic venue, just to big for the event. Broxbourne, is probably one of the most recognisable venues in the country for traveling fans, it make absolute sense for it to host the Friday show for reasons stated before, we were very greatful for the help of Alex Shane and FWA for not only their kindness in letting us use their home venue but also their help in organising the availbility on that date. Unfortunately it wasn't available on the Saturday or we would have had it there for both days.

Fair enough dude, again im not trying to be a pain so ignore the arseholes trying to make out anyone who has a slight criticism is being a 'dick'. Having been to some of the above venues, it wouldve been insane to see DG at some of those but some things arent to be. Just hope next year brings something a little closer :)

Fair enough dude, again im not trying to be a pain so ignore the arseholes trying to make out anyone who has a slight criticism is being a 'dick'. Having been to some of the above venues, it wouldve been insane to see DG at some of those but some things arent to be. Just hope next year brings something a little closer :)

"What the fuck! Makes no sense" is a 'slight criticism' huh???

And I'm the arsehole!!!????

:(

Anyway....

Thinking about doing both nights now. It's bound to be worth it. May have to go for slightly cheaper seats if doing both, but as the venues are of reasonable size that shouldn't be an issue in terms of having a good view.

As I recall J did the exact same price grumble in the last Dragon Gate show thread.

Do not feed the troll.

I am by no meens a troll. yes i asked a question about ticket prices on the last dragengate show based on a privous japnese show in oxfordshire witch i later found out wasn't a suceesful show as i thought it was. i now have seen the reason for the ticket price going up witch basicly is to pay for expences between the 2 vanues WITCH FAIR ENOUGHT.

Whilst I might have been using abit of hyperbole, if you boiled down what I was saying...I was merely pointing out having 2 shows in different places but still down south didn't make alot of sense. Given my track record with AMerch shows, I consider that a slight criticism given i'll still likely be attending

Whilst I might have been using abit of hyperbole, if you boiled down what I was saying...I was merely pointing out having 2 shows in different places but still down south didn't make alot of sense. Given my track record with AMerch shows, I consider that a slight criticism given i'll still likely be attending

I guess it's a case of where you live in the country benefits you in differant ways , if you are in Yorkshire you seem to get a lot of shows , but us southeners have to travel quite away to get to 1pw , 101 etc.

I understand why you are frustrated buddy , i prey for stuff to be closer to home but i guess we just have to get used to wrestling being all over the country, maybe together we can get Mark to bring shows up north and Danny to bring 1pw down south :thumbsup:

Yeh, there's always gonna' be two ways of looking at these things, and distance is one of the things that will dictate judgement.

Anyway, back onto DG itself. There's alot of good midcard talent that'd be great to see such as Shisa Boy and Super Shisa, and also freelancers like Munenori Sawa. I'd love abit of Mochizuki this time round

Archived