Dragon Gate UK : Shingo v Yokosuka 2 DVD Released!

Mark Sloan

I said before that with a roster such as Dragon Gate's there is always going to be top level matches.

We are left with

World 1

Pac

Doi

Hulk

Warriors

Cima

Dragon Kid

Kamikaze

Shingo

Yamato

Team UK

Mark Haskins

Put that in any order you like in any combination and you are sure to have 2 European Match of the year candidates.

I just tried (keeping with in the unit lines of course, especially as Haskins is now an official World-1er) and all combinations boggled my mind. Both of those matches will be great.

The announcement of Mochizuki makes me very happy.

My turn to be "that guy":-

- YAMATO's bio still says he's the current ODG champion.

- Mochi is labelled as a Warrior on the 6-man graphic and he's not; he's been a lone wolf for some years. I guess strictly speaking, it's Veteran Army vs. World-1, but that's all confusing and stuff.

These shows are shaping up to look proper tasty and I can't wait!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I said before that with a roster such as Dragon Gate's there is always going to be top level matches.

We are left with

World 1

Pac

Doi

Hulk

Warriors

Cima

Dragon Kid

Kamikaze

Shingo

Yamato

Team UK

Mark Haskins

Put that in any order you like in any combination and you are sure to have 2 European Match of the year candidates.

I just tried (keeping with in the unit lines of course, especially as Haskins is now an official World-1er) and all combinations boggled my mind. Both of those matches will be great.

The announcement of Mochizuki makes me very happy.

My turn to be "that guy":-

- YAMATO's bio still says he's the current ODG champion.

- Mochi is labelled as a Warrior on the 6-man graphic and he's not; he's been a lone wolf for some years. I guess strictly speaking, it's Veteran Army vs. World-1, but that's all confusing and stuff.

These shows are shaping up to look proper tasty and I can't wait!

Seems strange things to point out considering you, of all people would know the answer

Well, for the Friday, Mochizuki is an honourary member for the night. Second Night, it is not mentioned that he is in the warriors. I am sure a DG veteran like yourself is used to the plus one situations that often crop up in multiman matches.

Also the bio for Yamato as you well know was written when he was champion. I think it was written at the start of April and he lost the title Mid July.

Interestingly enough you say that Haskins is a "World 1er" any reason you think that? He and PAC are billed as DGUK as their team name. World 1 hasn't be mentioned. Do you have a source?

So, this Mochizuki chap. He's pretty good then?

You could be taking the mick, but I don't know... To answer your question, yes. He's very, very good. You should check out his recent bouts from DGUSA, shouldn't be hard to find on youtube or dailymotion.

You could be taking the mick, but I don't know... To answer your question, yes. He's very, very good. You should check out his recent bouts from DGUSA, shouldn't be hard to find on youtube or dailymotion.

Cool. Genuinely have only ever seen one match of his (vs Ohtani at the aforementioned Super J Cup 95) but figured how everyone was wetting themselves over this announcement that he must be rather good.

I'll see if I can find some of his stuff on youtube.

Or you could get some recent stuff from Dragon Gate where'd you feel slightly less of a cheap shit downloading non-DVD release material, unlike his DG USA work.

I'd recommend, from the past year or so:

Infinity 141 - Masaaki Mochizuki vs Katsuhiko Nakajima

http://www.openthedragongate.com/index.php...8/infinity-141/

He and Nakajima made a great team in last years Summer Adventure League, evidence of which can be found on Infinity's 142 & 144.

Infinity 156 - Masaaki Mochizuki vs Davey Richards

http://www.openthedragongate.com/index.php...2/infinity-156/

Infinity 162 - Masaaki Mochizuki vs Shingo Takagi

http://www.openthedragongate.com/?s=infinity+162

Infinity 171 - Masaaki Mochizuki vs YAMATO

http://www.openthedragongate.com/?s=infinity+171

Infinity 177 - Masaaki Mochizuki vs YAMATO *

http://www.openthedragongate.com/?s=infinity+177

* The second Mochizuki/YAMATO match is my second favourite DG match this year, narrowly behind the BxB Hulk/Shingo Takagi hair vs hair match.

Cool. Genuinely have only ever seen one match of his (vs Ohtani at the aforementioned Super J Cup 95) but figured how everyone was wetting themselves over this announcement that he must be rather good.

I'll see if I can find some of his stuff on youtube.

Ah yeah, he was quite good in that one match he had in that tourney, if I remember correctly. Here's the match that leads up to Richards/Mochi in DGUSA, it's from Japan and is for the FIP Title (probably the world title, I dunno what they call their belts). http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xc4edm_da...mochizuki_sport

EDIT: And the rematch http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xckwxe_ma...-richards_sport.

Side note while I'm here....... Anyone know where to get any of the previous Mochizuki/Yokosuka matches?

I've searched OTDG and most of the forums I frequent for downloads and can't find any. Not even youtube, dailymotion et al bring any up, and all google searches have been fruitless so far.

Do any of their matches exist online?

Side note while I'm here....... Anyone know where to get any of the previous Mochizuki/Yokosuka matches?

I've searched OTDG and most of the forums I frequent for downloads and can't find any. Not even youtube, dailymotion et al bring any up, and all google searches have been fruitless so far.

Do any of their matches exist online?

No idea, but I'd love to see them. Any idea what year they're from? I'll check my usual places.

Anyway, I doubt Back Acne has ever seen anything from DGUSA, so if he likes the match I linked, he might get into it. ;)

The old Mochizuki/Susumu stuff is from the era that there isn't as much online of. I know I have a couple of their matches on various DVDs I bought from places like ivpvideos.

EDIT: and I second the love for the Mochi/YAMATO match. It was incredible.

Anyway, I doubt Back Acne has ever seen anything from DGUSA, so if he likes the match I linked, he might get into it. ;)

I have too!! I've got the first two shows on DVD! Nerrr! :p

Ah, well then no one can complain about you having a sneaky peak online at that match then. ;)

The old Mochizuki/Susumu stuff is from the era that there isn't as much online of. I know I have a couple of their matches on various DVDs I bought from places like ivpvideos.

Do you have any approximate idea at how many matches they've had?

Their match for the rights to the surname was important enough to be documented, although it seems none of their other matches were.

Then again Wikipedia states Yokosuka has never beaten Mochizuki but then there's:

3/30/2003 Miyagi, Zepp Sendai

5. Block B: Susumu Yokosuka (11:15 Jumbo no Kachi!) Masaaki Mochizuki

And that took me a while trawling through the results section...... And I've kinda given up the ghost now.

Archived