Dragon Gate UK : Shingo v Yokosuka 2 DVD Released!

Mark Sloan

• Paid Members

Much like the Noah show and the first DG Invasion, upon reading this I have cancelled any and all plans, and will be shelling out for both shows. Great work Mark.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

I'd like to go and check this out, but I can't justify the money paying to go down Cambridge or the Home Counties, with Hotel, Ale, and Train extortion. Why didn't you do us a North/Midland's date? I'd have been over that like Rover.

We tried the Midlands for Noah in 2008, I wanted to do this area for this one. We tried SEVERAL northern areas/venues and was nothing but dead ends and hassle, but alas, you cannot please everybody. Besides, you want a great night of action in the North, 1PW are running the Olympia in May.

EDIT: I didn't read that, I was too busy seeing my arse. It's a bloody shame, but in future, look at the "William Aston Hall".

Yeh, why the fuck are they both down south. Makes zero sense

It's fair enough to be annoyed that the shows are not near you, but "makes no sense" ???

I'm pretty sure this weekend has been pretty thoroughly researched and planned, so as to be cost effective and stop the ticket prices getting any higher.

Be reasonable man, you'd normally have to fly to JAPAN to see this stuff!!

In total my travel to Oxford for the last one was a three hour trip each way (as a non driver, getting trains to London, then a coach into Oxford)). You can drive to Broxbourne from Liverpool in about that time.

Trust me - any distance travelled will be worth it!

It really is things like this that make you wonder what people's mentality is, "it makes zero sense?" but to whom?

Mark, im one of your number 1 supporters and have been since you started doing these shows, so dont think for one minute im being ungrateful. I've travelled for NOAH, I tried to tavel for NOAH Night 2, i've travelled for DG and it's safe to say i'll probably be travelling for this. So given that, I dont think im massively out of line for voicing my displeasure over no Northern show yet again. I appreciate it works out geographically to do it like this, it'd just be nice considering there's 2 shows to play with to have a relatively Southern show and Northern show. I understand i'd have to go to Japan, and I dont expect wrestling on my doorstep im just making what I feel and others I know, a reasonable point.

But alas, im sure i'll still be coming along again and I anticipate only the highest quality action as you deliver each and every time.

Yeh, why the fuck are they both down south. Makes zero sense

It's fair enough to be annoyed that the shows are not near you, but "makes no sense" ???

I'm pretty sure this weekend has been pretty thoroughly researched and planned, so as to be cost effective and stop the ticket prices getting any higher.

Be reasonable man, you'd normally have to fly to JAPAN to see this stuff!!

In total my travel to Oxford for the last one was a three hour trip each way (as a non driver, getting trains to London, then a coach into Oxford)). You can drive to Broxbourne from Liverpool in about that time.

Trust me - any distance travelled will be worth it!

It really is things like this that make you wonder what people's mentality is, "it makes zero sense?" but to whom?

Mark, im one of your number 1 supporters and have been since you started doing these shows, so dont think for one minute im being ungrateful. I've travelled for NOAH, I tried to tavel for NOAH Night 2, i've travelled for DG and it's safe to say i'll probably be travelling for this. So given that, I dont think im massively out of line for voicing my displeasure over no Northern show yet again. I appreciate it works out geographically to do it like this, it'd just be nice considering there's 2 shows to play with to have a relatively Southern show and Northern show. I understand i'd have to go to Japan, and I dont expect wrestling on my doorstep im just making what I feel and others I know, a reasonable point.

But alas, im sure i'll still be coming along again and I anticipate only the highest quality action as you deliver each and every time.

What I am saying is that it isn't through want of trying, if i wanted to make it easy for myself, I would book a Portsmouth venue. I tried/wanted in no particular order :- Morecambe dome (Closing down) Victoria Halls, Hanley (Schedule), Leeds Town Hall (Cost), Sheffield Octagon (Other group got there first) etc etc, It isn't just a simple case of not wanting it. Was offered Liverpool Olympia last year and it is a massive venue, it (much like the SKydome) is a fantastic venue, just to big for the event. Broxbourne, is probably one of the most recognisable venues in the country for traveling fans, it make absolute sense for it to host the Friday show for reasons stated before, we were very greatful for the help of Alex Shane and FWA for not only their kindness in letting us use their home venue but also their help in organising the availbility on that date. Unfortunately it wasn't available on the Saturday or we would have had it there for both days.

I also have Dragon Gate's health and wishes to abide by, which of course I will respect and keep under wraps but the travel for the last tour was BRUTAL, if you could have seen how tired the guys were by the time they got to Oxford, it is a wonder they competed at the level they did. Shingo & Dragon Kid amongst others were very ill and exhusted. Yet come bell time.......well you know how Shingo's war went ;)

There are alot of factors, when putting the budget of these shows together, especially with the financial outlay, noting is taken for granted. The cards will speak for themselves and I would imagine that people who make the trip will once again see some shows that may just be the best in Europe this year (Which is saying something already - IPW's Sittingbourne Spectacular)

Next Update Includes

Dragon Gate UK Debut

Pictures of the awesome Burgess Civic Hall

Remaining Tickets

New Website Release

Merchandise

Event T-Shirt Pre Order (Going to be between

Cannot wait for this. I'm definately going to try getting tickets to both nights and the meet and greet. Last years show and meet and greet were great and I'm certain this year will be just as good if not better. Like most, I'm hoping they'll bring YAMATO out this time round. No complaints about location, I guess living in the Midlands makes it convenient enough to travel anywhere in the country. Needless to say, after NOAH European Navigation and DG UK Invasion, any travel is definately worth the quality of the show you'll get.

If im lucky i might be able to do night 2, although missing the shingo rematch will be a proper bastard! Im actually consdidering leaveing my holiday a day early to catch it!

As always good stuff mr sloan, Hopefully a massvie main event/big match will be announced for night 2, and if it is i'll be there!

Hopefully a massvie main event/big match will be announced for night 2, and if it is i'll be there!

Big Match? Massive Main Event you say?

I see you, and raise you. 2 Huge matches are instore for Saturday. When the website launches, you will be able to see the card layouts. So that'll be 3 stars announced. 1 match and in FSM there will be the broxbourne bonus match announced and it's a corker!

Hopefully a massvie main event/big match will be announced for night 2, and if it is i'll be there!

Big Match? Massive Main Event you say?

I see you, and raise you. 2 Huge matches are instore for Saturday. When the website launches, you will be able to see the card layouts. So that'll be 3 stars announced. 1 match and in FSM there will be the broxbourne bonus match announced and it's a corker!

OOOOOO, now im interested even more! :thumbsup:

I'll keep my eyes peeled then for the website and hopfully i'll be down there for night 2!

Archived