Dragon Gate UK : Shingo v Yokosuka 2 DVD Released!

Mark Sloan

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

23/7/10 Update

---------------------------

In this update :

Naruki Doi Announced

1 Match for Night 2 Announced in Today's Daily Star Newspaper

2 Matches for Night 1 Announced

Lion Kid Featured as One to Watch in FSM!

The Wrestling Press Interviews Online!

DG Tour Shirt Released

Competition announcement

Ticket Update

News and Notes

Announcement Schedule

doi2010biopic.jpg

Naruki Doi Added to Both Nights

--------------------------------------

The former Second Doi is now the first and foremost Doi in Dragon Gate. A firm favourite with the UK fans of Dragon Gate, Doi is a solid performer who shone in last years Invasion six man main event.

Fans last year had the opportunity to see exactly what Doi was made of in the match of the year contender main event. From his Muscular Bomb to his Bakatare Sliding Kick, Doi made a big impression at the event with everything he did.

Currently a top contender for several Dragon Gate titles, Naruki Doi will be returning to the UK looking to make a major impact. The Dragon Gate star has been a success wherever he

Doi vs. YAMATO should be a good match.

The way the card looks I guess the 6 man on night 1 is WARRIORS vs. World 1, with CIMA + 2 mates vs. BxB Hulk, Yoshino & PAC.

I would guess that means that the debutant is Gamma (personally K-Ness or Mochizuki would be preferred) and the returnee is either Dragon Kid or Genki Horiguchi. If it is Genki then there is a small (yet very unlikely) chance that this may be a Triangle Gate title match (Cima, Gamma & Genki are champs).

The way the card looks I guess the 6 man on night 1 is WARRIORS vs. World 1, with CIMA + 2 mates vs. BxB Hulk, Yoshino & PAC.

I would guess that means that the debutant is Gamma (personally K-Ness or Mochizuki would be preferred) and the returnee is either Dragon Kid or Genki Horiguchi. If it is Genki then there is a small (yet very unlikely) chance that this may be a Triangle Gate title match (Cima, Gamma & Genki are champs).

There's no way I can see them leaving out Dragon Kid. He's one of the most reconised Dragon Gate wrestlers!.

Either way, It all looks amazing! September cannot come quicker!

Just a quick one for mr sloan , (apologies for all the questions),

But does dragongate have a say in what matches are put on? For example, is it jsut your self/Your team who decied who's facing who, or would you say "id like wrestler X to face wrestler Y" and the DG staff would ok this?

Just a random one for you!

EDIT: Also Night 2 match is Lion Kid Vs Yoshino. Good stuff, cant wait for that!

Cheers!

But does dragongate have a say in what matches are put on? For example, is it jsut your self/Your team who decied who's facing who, or would you say "id like wrestler X to face wrestler Y" and the DG staff would ok this?

I think I mentioned before, between myself and WXW we put forward the guys we want and the last show was booked by one of the DG regulars, we had a little more imput this time, but it is a Dragon Gate show, the make the choices as to what happens on the show. We put some ideas to them and we discussed the cards and the excellent line ups were agreed, I wouldn't change a thing. These are the cards we wanted and they agreed

As exclusively revealed in the Daily Star today!

l_b9a136d47a0b44f5b1367e51cc7d6606.jpg

Lion Kid v Yoshino

Lion Kid has proven himself time and time again in the UK. On shows up and down the country, the literal young lion has shown he is faster, more courageous, and more durable than many of his larger competitors gave him credit for, skills that gained him the IPW:UK Cruiserweight title from Mark Haskins.

But just how fast is the Lion Kid? In somewhat of a scientific experiment, Dragon Gate UK promoters have decided to pit Lion Kid

Can i just confirm Cyber Kong's opponent's , in the write up it's saying Scurll on friday and Hayes on saturday but on the posters it's the other way round , unless i'm being silly and missed it .

Friday is Joey Hayes and Saturday is Marty Scurll. I thought that was fixed. I will edit now

Understate much? :D

I was there live the night YAMATO beat Doi for the ODG and, so far, it's my match of the year. An epic 32 minutes of flawless pro-wrestling.

There's no way I can see them leaving out Dragon Kid. He's one of the most reconised Dragon Gate wrestlers!.

Little DK is currently sidelined with an ankle injury. Not sure how serious it is though, so he could be fit by September.

The Saturday show currently looks like:

Marty Scurll vs. Cyber Kong

Lion Kid vs. Masato Yoshino

X vs. X

X & X vs. X & X

X & X vs. Y & Y

I think that Susumu will be in the singles match, wrestling against one of the 2 unannounced names. If my theory of a Warriors vs. World 1 6-man tag on night 1 is right then I think that, injuries permitting, the singles match will be Susumu Yokosuka vs. Dragon Kid.

This leaves 2 tag matches. Already there are 3 fairly obvious looking teams: YAMATO & Shingo, BxB Hulk & Naruki Doi and PAC & Haskins. Since I expect that Gamma is the DG European debutant I also see CIMA & Gamma as the fourth team. I think any combination of those 4 teams would be quite interesting.

Archived