Dragon Gate UK : Shingo v Yokosuka 2 DVD Released!

Mark Sloan

I am somewhat surprised but very happy at the inclusion of Joey Hayes. I had a thought at the recent FWA show that his team with CJ Banks would give him increased exposure and perhaps a higher placement in the UKFF 50 this year due to the great matches they were having against the LDRs.

Joey has been such a underrated talent these past few years so this is a great chance for him to shine. I just hope his opponent isn't Cyber Kong....

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry to go kindof offtopic but does this mean the IPWUK 6th Anni show is being filmed in HD for a possible Bluray release as well?

I think he was on about the live show production. Technically he said they were 'looking into' buying FULL HD cameras.

25/6/10 Update

---------------------------

In this update :

Night 2 Bonus Match Announced

DG Tour Shirt Released

2009 Photo cards now available

Competition announcement

DG:UK Myspace Launched

Ticket Update

News and Notes

Announcement Schedule

Night 2 Bonus match announced

-----------------------------------

matchup2_stormvxtreme.jpg

Jonny Storm vs Xtreme Dean

Two extremely experienced and well travelled veteran collide in the bonus match for St Ives. Xtreme dean is one of the most well rounded competitors on the Allstar roster, having been wrestling full time for almost this entire decade as well as appearing for TNA, FWA and abroad dean is not short on big match experience. Having competed in TNA's world x cup and coming off two cracking bouts against TNA's Douglas Williams, Xtreme is ready to shine.

Very few English based grapplers have a quarter of the resume of the Wonderkid, who spends as much time working abroad as he does on his homeland. TNA, ROH, FWA, Zero One, Spain, France, Germany, Finland and Thailand. A pioneer in the resurgence of British wrestling the Wonderkid is still in his prime. Last year with Marty Scurll they took on real hazard in an excellent opening contest and in is looking to pick up a win this time around having faced each other numerous times this should prove to be a pick em match, the fans however will definitely come out a winner in this one.

presslogo_wrestlingpress.jpg

Huge DG Issue of The Wrestling Press

------------------------------------

July 17th sees the release of the latest issue of the Wrestling Press e-magazine. If you haven't had a flick through you are really missing out. Very professional looking, decent content and even uses video content too. This issue is a special look at all things Dragon Gate, with a reprint of the CIMA interview from last year, 2 exclusive interviews with Mark Sloan and Marty Scurll, an indepth look at DGUSA and a message from DGUSA's Gabe. The best bit about this? It's absolutely free, just read the details below for details on where to download it.

About TWP

Quench your thirst for wrestling knowledge with The Wrestling Press E-magazine! Learn about the legends who helped shape the wrestling business as we now know it. Follow the US Indies and be the first to learn about the stars of tomorrow.Broaden your horizons with interesting and unique reportage from UK, Germany, Mexico and Australia. Agree / disagree with our WWE and TNA opinion pieces. Become more familiar with the wrestlers through our exclusive, revealing and fun interviews. Enjoy great action shots and salivate over incredible Divas. Colourful, detailed and jam-packed with credible articles by experienced journalists. Check out the latest issue at thewrestlingpress.com - all for free! What are you waiting for?

Oh, and there's great prizes up for grabs as well! What more could you want?

Last few remaining stars to be announced

----------------------------------------

FSM Magazine announces a huge DG name this coming Thursday, on Friday the 30th we get a very welcome return for an extremely popular DG superstar and then finally the first week of August (Sunday the 8th) sees the final Fighter named, and it's a European Debut! Exciting times, which this mystery man fits in on Night 2 its to be announced, but he will slot into the 6 Man tag on Night One.!

DG2010tourshirt2_white.jpg

Event T-Shirt Launched

-----------------------

The people spoke and we listened, we changed the design, and now the final shirt design for the shows has been launched, available from this evening at dragongateuk.com. Similar in design and layout to last years shirt, the exclusive shirt will be available to pre order with a ship date of August 1st. Available in Small to 2XL on pre order and after that date will only be available in Medium, Large and Extra Large. Front and Side print only

One colour

Pre-Order price

So, in all likelihood, the two returning DG stars are going to be Dragon Kid and Naruki Doi.

The European debut who slots into the 6 man on night one.... Probably Gamma.

Giving us a card of:

LDRs vs All Stars

Joey Hayes vs Cyber Kong?

Mark Haskins vs Lion Kid

Shingo Takagi vs Sususmu Yokosuka

YAMATO vs Naruki Doi?

PAC, Yoshino & Hulk vs CIMA, Gamma & Dragon Kid?

And I'd be thinking of a PAC/Haskins vs Doi/Yoshino main event for night two.

So, in all likelihood, the two returning DG stars are going to be Dragon Kid and Naruki Doi.

The European debut who slots into the 6 man on night one.... Probably Gamma.

Giving us a card of:

LDRs vs All Stars

Joey Hayes vs Cyber Kong?

Mark Haskins vs Lion Kid

Shingo Takagi vs Sususmu Yokosuka

YAMATO vs Naruki Doi?

PAC, Yoshino & Hulk vs CIMA, Gamma & Dragon Kid?

And I'd be thinking of a PAC/Haskins vs Doi/Yoshino main event for night two.

Hmmm Thanks for your guesswork, I can see that, how good would that show be?

I'd be happy with it.

Of course this is all based on the three names being the ones I guessed.

I guess Doi could be swapped with either Hulk or Yoshino. Just thought it'd be nice to see a big Doi singles match seen as last time he was injured, eventhough he was already put in three 6 man matches throughout the weekend.

I'd be happy with it.

Of course this is all based on the three names being the ones I guessed.

I guess Doi could be swapped with either Hulk or Yoshino. Just thought it'd be nice to see a big Doi singles match seen as last time he was injured, eventhough he was already put in three 6 man matches throughout the weekend.

Happy with it? Geez! You're a hard man to please. That to me is a crazy card. Want to be booker?

We'll see how it pans out. I hope everybody will like the cards before hand, if they don't then I am confident by September 12th we'll have changed their minds :)

Honestly, with the amount of talent in Dragon Gate and all the potential match up's I'd love to see live, I think I wouldn't be able to book just a weekends worth of shows, it would have to be a full week.

To single out only two matches for each person in the weekend, and ensuring all combinations aren't going to impact on any other matches........... You're a braver man than I with that responsibility.

Good to see jonny on night 2! I'll be honest and say ive never seen xtreme dean, is he formally of the allstar promotion? Will be good to see him either way!

Was wondering if he was going to be on tha card at all! Does anybody know what Jody is up to these days? I saw him at the FWA show last year, but havent heard of him in england since?

Archived