Dragon Gate UK : Shingo v Yokosuka 2 DVD Released!

Mark Sloan

This is even better than I was hoping for, and being able to turn it into a long weekend road trip has really made my day. Great news about Shingo/Yokosuka 2 the atmosphere at the first match was unreal and something you have to behold first hand to truly appreciate.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HOLY SHIT (chanting over here) this has made my day. :D The fact that it's 2 shows and not the one is awesome so already much like DG USA did over the Wrestlemania weekend I hope we get 2 six man tag team main event matches.

I would love one of the debuts to be Jushin but I can't see it happening so instead I'm pulling for YAMATO, Masaaki Mochizuki, Don Fujii, Super Shisa or Stalker Ichikawa. This time please book Zack Sabre Jr. also :thumbsup:

Yeh, why the fuck are they both down south. Makes zero sense

It's fair enough to be annoyed that the shows are not near you, but "makes no sense" ???

I'm pretty sure this weekend has been pretty thoroughly researched and planned, so as to be cost effective and stop the ticket prices getting any higher.

Be reasonable man, you'd normally have to fly to JAPAN to see this stuff!!

In total my travel to Oxford for the last one was a three hour trip each way (as a non driver, getting trains to London, then a coach into Oxford)). You can drive to Broxbourne from Liverpool in about that time.

Trust me - any distance travelled will be worth it!

It's fair enough to be annoyed that the shows are not near you, but "makes no sense" ???

I'm pretty sure this weekend has been pretty thoroughly researched and planned, so as to be cost effective and stop the ticket prices getting any higher.

Be reasonable man, you'd normally have to fly to JAPAN to see this stuff!!

In total my travel to Oxford for the last one was a three hour trip each way (as a non driver, getting trains to London, then a coach into Oxford)). You can drive to Broxbourne from Liverpool in about that time.

Trust me - any distance travelled will be worth it!

It really is things like this that make you wonder what people's mentality is, "it makes zero sense?" but to whom?

To Dragon Gate who have to fly half way round the world for 3 days, do 3 events and then fly back?

For a company who are based primarly on the south coast and could get a portsmouth venue within minutes?

With the decision by Dragon Gate to have 2 shows in the UK, we thought to find the most logical, reconisable, easy to get to venue that we could successfully advertise frequently and is well known to fans (for ease of travel) and that was available on said dates. It's not quite as easy as people think.

Also mr Lock, are you not the same fan that travels to Devon for some shows and Germany for others? If so, then a couple of hours trip is hardly worth a swearing post is it...

We tried the Midlands for Noah in 2008, I wanted to do this area for this one. We tried SEVERAL northern areas/venues and was nothing but dead ends and hassle, but alas, you cannot please everybody. Besides, you want a great night of action in the North, 1PW are running the Olympia in May.

Good luck with this. I heard good things about the first show, but the trailer I saw looked shit (production wise) probably one of those deals where production let down a show which was much more enjoyable in person.

Editus: the video in question:

And are those over the top quotes at the start taken from a fan forum or something? If so, were the grammar mistakes left in for authority?

GREAT NEWS!!!!

I'll obviously try to make the trip! A little bummed that it's two different venues as I want as little travel as possible (my trip 2 weeks ago was a nightmare travel-wise), but it'll obviously be worth it.

Love the idea of the Shingo/Susumu rematch!! It's gonna rock again I'm sure.

Im not as annoyed by the south thing as much as concerned about the saturday venue, seems a bit much as far as getting to and from, and out of town after the show on public transport. Believe me though having been around music promoting I know about the trials of finding venues, so I get it, but its still an issue.

Im not as annoyed by the south thing as much as concerned about the saturday venue, seems much as far as getting to and from and out of town after the show on public transport. Believe me though having been around music promoting I know about the trials of finding venues, so I get but its still an issue.

I'm thinking that if a lot of people have this issue then a more local fan could maybe rent a mini bus and maybe shuttle people to and from a more accessible train station. It might cost a little but if enough people use it and pay say somewhere around

Im not as annoyed by the south thing as much as concerned about the saturday venue, seems much as far as getting to and from and out of town after the show on public transport. Believe me though having been around music promoting I know about the trials of finding venues, so I get but its still an issue.

I live pretty near and it's fine by car but don't bank on public transport , never known wrestling near here before so shocked at the venue but also pleased , most shows i go to are 4-6 hour round trips so atouch for me !!!!!

I live pretty near and it's fine by car but don't bank on public transport , never known wrestling near here before so shocked at the venue but also pleased , most shows i go to are 4-6 hour round trips so a touch for me !!!!!

QUOTE (lightningxlock @ Apr 17 2010, 18:16)

Living down in Cornwall, while Broxbourne is still a fair old drive away (to the north that is :) ), it's still about as close as one of these big shows is going to get, and I will definitely be attending, thanks Mark!

Good luck with this. I heard good things about the first show, but the trailer I saw looked shit (production wise) probably one of those deals where production let down a show which was much more enjoyable in person.

Editus: the video in question:

And are those over the top quotes at the start taken from a fan forum or something? If so, were the grammar mistakes left in for authority?

You mean authenticity, unless you were being intentionally ironic... :p

Archived