Jesse Ventura Link...now something else

SuperstarNeilC

I've just read your article, Keelan.

I wouldn't even know where to begin with that apart from to suggest that you up your meds a little. What's really tragic is that underneath all the paranoia and bizarre leaps of logic you're clearly not a stupid guy. I think you've gone way down a rabbit hole and probably have no idea how to get out.

It's like you've swept up all the litter in a street and woven it all together into a coat and then persuaded yourself that the litter was DESIGNED to be clothing but only you were observant enough to notice. It's scary and a little unsettling.

The people you need to be talking to about this are your family and quite probably a shrink. I remember in that thread that Woyzeck quoted above we discussed the connections between conspiracy theory and mental breakdowns. I mentioned a guy I knew who'd got deep into this stuff and then suffered a breakdown and had to be sectioned. I'm afraid to say he's never really recovered and in fact recently has made the decision to finally move home permanently. I don't know which cam first but it certainly opened up my eyes - I'd previously dismissed this sort of thing as harmless.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators
Woyzeck, you're right. Trying to have this conversation always reminds me of this Family Guy sketch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l693NzVcPyg

Right back at you.

I thought we were having a polite debate though. I guess "herd mentality" took over for you both.

Maybe you guys, with your open minds and free-thinking, should come up with another catchphrase to throw at people who get tired of one-sided debates about childish nonsense. That one's wicked stale.

I've just read your article, Keelan.

I wouldn't even know where to begin with that apart from to suggest that you up your meds a little. What's really tragic is that underneath all the paranoia and bizarre leaps of logic you're clearly not a stupid guy. I think you've gone way down a rabbit hole and probably have no idea how to get out.

It's like you've swept up all the litter in a street and woven it all together into a coat and then persuaded yourself that the litter was DESIGNED to be clothing but only you were observant enough to notice. It's scary and a little unsettling.

The people you need to be talking to about this are your family and quite probably a shrink. I remember in that thread that Woyzeck quoted above we discussed the connections between conspiracy theory and mental breakdowns. I mentioned a guy I knew who'd got deep into this stuff and then suffered a breakdown and had to be sectioned. I'm afraid to say he's never really recovered and in fact recently has made the decision to finally move home permanently. I don't know which cam first but it certainly opened up my eyes - I'd previously dismissed this sort of thing as harmless.

I've never heard such sanctimonious ego driven drivel in my life.

"we discussed the connections between conspiracy theory and mental breakdowns"

Oh you did did you, ROFL. :laugh:

And I feel for your poor friend, but that's like equating the recent pentagon shooter to the whole of the 9/11 truth movement. Some people are just prone to mental breakdowns.

Maybe you should research the history of the mental health industry. :rolleyes:

Good grief.

Woyzeck, you're right. Trying to have this conversation always reminds me of this Family Guy sketch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l693NzVcPyg

Right back at you.

I thought we were having a polite debate though. I guess "herd mentality" took over for you both.

Maybe you guys, with your open minds and free-thinking, should come up with another catchphrase to throw at people who get tired of one-sided debates about childish nonsense. That one's wicked stale.

I'm just saying instead of carrying on the debate. Picking on a part of it and getting a discussion going, you simply dismissed it. You decided the ego stroke you both gave each other by agreeing was more pleasing that perhaps having your belief system given a bit of a shake.

a country like our own dominated by a 2 party system.

That's right - they've got the Republicans and Democrats, we've got The Tories and Labour and Lib Dems and UKIP and Greens and SNP and Plaid Cwymru and Respect and BNP and Ulster Unionists and Captain Rainbow's Abolish Government party. Exactly alike.

Have you ever known of a party other than Labour or Conservative to run the country? It's a 2 horse race because they have the most money fact.

No offence Loki, but your problem is your own ego.

Edited by Dynamite Duane

• Moderators
I'm just saying instead of carrying on the debate. Picking on a part of it and getting a discussion going, you simply dismissed it. You decided the ego stroke you both gave each other by agreeing was more pleasing that perhaps having your belief system given a bit of a shake.

There's no debate to be had. I consider all this stuff you're pushing to be childish, delusional nonsense. It's not about being a sheep, or closed minded, or having an ego (which is a hilarious accusation from a conspiracy theorist), I just see no worth in debating the specifics of your conspiracies, because it's all complete garbage. I've seen and read a ton of this kinda thing over the last fifteen years, and I fully know where and why I stand on the issue. If you think my world view is going to be shaken by the tired, hoary old stories about Bilderberg or global cartels or the FEMA coffins, you're mistaking me for a fucking idiot with such a slender grasp of reality it can only be seen through an electron microscope.

That's why I dismissed it. Where could the conversation go? You think it's right, I think it's utter shit. Neither of us will budge. My opinion about conspiracy theoriests as a whole is all there is to offer, and that's been posted.

There's no debate to be had. I consider all this stuff you're pushing to be childish, delusional nonsense. It's not about being a sheep, or closed minded, or having an ego (which is a hilarious accusation from a conspiracy theorist), I just see no worth in debating the specifics of your conspiracies, because it's all complete garbage. I've seen and read a ton of this kinda thing over the last fifteen years, and I fully know where and why I stand on the issue. If you think my world view is going to be shaken by the tired, hoary old stories about Bilderberg or global cartels or the FEMA coffins, you're mistaking me for a fucking idiot with such a slender grasp of reality it can only be seen through an electron microscope.

That's why I dismissed it. Where could the conversation go? You think it's right, I think it's utter shit. Neither of us will budge. My opinion about conspiracy theoriests as a whole is all there is to offer, and that's been posted.

Well then you seem to be falling for the most extreme anti-conspiracy theory rhetoric, mostly coming from other people like you that cherry pick soundbites from documentaries instead of actually looking for yourself.

"old stories about Bilderberg or global cartels or the FEMA coffins"

Ok so we'll start with Bilderberg. Do you deny this organization exists? I don't think you do. But if you did you'd be a liar.

We can go from there.

• Moderators
OK, I meant in recent times, the past 30 years.

Well, the SDP and Liberals not officially merging into the Lib Dems until 1988 and the "Gang of Four" and all that noise could have something to do with that.

Edited by ButchReedMark

There's a difference between people not voting for a party, and not having a party to vote for, though Duane. I mean, if this country really wanted to break the deadlock between Labour and Tory at the next election, they could all go and vote Lib Dem. Or, hell, UKIP or something. It's a democracy, people get the choice. Now, I'm not saying our system couldn't do with a shakeup (I'm in favour of a system of Proportional Representation) but it's VERY different from the situation in the States, where there really is fuck all choice.

Even so, they've managed to elect a black president who's the son of a Muslim. So they're doing alright.

There's a difference between people not voting for a party, and not having a party to vote for, though Duane. I mean, if this country really wanted to break the deadlock between Labour and Tory at the next election, they could all go and vote Lib Dem. Or, hell, UKIP or something. It's a democracy, people get the choice. Now, I'm not saying our system couldn't do with a shakeup (I'm in favour of a system of Proportional Representation) but it's VERY different from the situation in the States, where there really is fuck all choice.

Even so, they've managed to elect a black president who's the son of a Muslim. So they're doing alright.

I think it's good UKIP is becoming an alternative but it seems the party with the most financial backing wins. Also I feel it's time to stop voting for left or right because there doesn't seem to be a left or right, if we're including the Lib Dems in this there is still little difference between the main 3 parties policies. You vote for change and it doesn't change. Labour didn't reverse what the Tories did.

Edited by Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members

Keelan is an obvious mentalist and why any of you are rising to him is beyond me. He won't be on the UKFF for much longer anyway, unless padded cells have WiFi now.