Other MMA Shows

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Remember that promotion called XMMA that promoted a James Vick fight in January and gained a decent amount of traction within the MMA world? well they are putting on their second show at the end of July, and check out this little lineup:

20210617_134121.thumb.jpg.8c8f4764a314f5e68c54e885aa2f8ffd.jpg

Love the look of that, harks back to the day of promotions like Shark Fights & Shine Fights that used to up loads of random UFC vets and match them up in real random fights. Some of my favorite shows to watch as a fan. 

I like it when some of the best fighters in the world compete outside of the UFC. However, watching Figgy and Moreno fight last weekend made me wish that Kyoji was still in the UFC. I think he'd have no problem beating either Figgy or Moreno. 

Hopefully, he'll fight Pettis in Bellator soon. Another fight that I think he'd win. 

Edited by jimufctna24

• Egg Shen changed the title to Other MMA Shows - XMMA 2 (30th July)
  • Paid Members

that promotion XMMA we spoke about above has its second show this weekend. This sucker will be streaming free, so ill try finding links before Friday and i'll get them up.

The show has a lost a few of its original fights including John Dodson's first post UFC fight after he had that horrible car accident.

Here's whats left:

xmma2-01.thumb.jpg.c182fa1b89dfa3d6546ce5daaa39eba3.jpg

693880815_Screenshot_20210727-175606_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.a215bb696b4e9a3610cc132d77eee114.jpg

Like we said before, this just has an old school feel. Lots of UFC and Bellator vets spread across it. There used to be lots of shows like this but with the more hectic UFC and Bellator schedule you dont see so many. I at least wanna see the top half of the card. 10 of the top 12 fighters listed are UFC or Bellator vets.

• Paid Members

the only place i see a live stream for tonight is on the MMAholes youtube channel. Theres the link above ^  It's gonna be some dodgy fan watchalong with alternative commentary.

The official XMMA youtube channel will be showing it too but theres no link as of yet.

edit* here's the proper link:

Edited by Egg Shen

• Egg Shen changed the title to Other MMA Shows
  • Paid Members

Woulda bumped the UK thread but it doesnt get much love, so i'll put this here.

Tremendous Cage Warriors show on Fight Pass this evening. 7 fights, 6 finishes and the crowning of a new Champion in the main event.

Here's the finish to the main event.

Wooding was dominated for 2 and half rounds but you could see Fletcher was burning himself out with the takedowns. Wooding finished him with the above sequence, the only real offence he had until that point.

Oban Elliott returned with a KO too:

Great show, well paced, hot crowd and really good fights. Cage Warriors is tidy.

Same again tomorrow!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

not that anyone cares, but theres a sneaky good little Cage Warriors US card tonight live on Fight Pass

20211017_131156.thumb.jpg.5fbc5ccd9c4d236d502bc77f2b4bb1e6.jpg

20211017_131139.jpg.aa91da92bd3324bdd08054dcf7f0b5cb.jpg

im not quite what the purpose of Cage Warriors in America is, because it doesnt feature any actual Cage Warrios fighters from Europe, but the card is good and its in an outdoor setting on a beach so it looks lovely.

Spyke Carlyle main events. Harshly let go after a 1-2 run in the UFC. Carlyle was must see, a balls out fighter who left it all in the cage. We will live in a world where Sam Alvey is still on the roster on a 7 fight winless streak and Carlyle was let go after 2 losses.

Max Rohskopf in the co-main. Second fight back after that highly publicised decision to quit between rounds in the UFC. Rohskopf was seen as a huge prospect before that.

Markus Perez on there too. He always brings it, the mental fucker.

Quite like this. Watching MMA in a different setting is highly refreshing these days too. The cookie cutter uniformed UFC shows all blend into one.

• Paid Members

Yeah, Carlyle was becoming an undercard highlight for me during his short UFC stay, then he was just gone.

Knew I’d seen the name Rohskopf before but was drawing a blank until your bit about him. He was the one that was getting shat on for ‘quitting’ after taking a short notice fight and Robert Drysdale was ignoring him saying he was done and refusing to pull him out. Hope he does well. Felt bad for him watching that fight and the fallout. 

• Paid Members

Marcus Davis fighting again? And Renan Barao in the co-main (against Jack and Vera’s son). I love the shite 90s design of this though. The pictures they’ve used of Davis and Barao must be a good decade old as well. 

627565DD-27A7-41AA-8A9F-8FD43C2BEFD8.jpeg

Edited by wandshogun09