Other MMA Shows

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Hornbuckle/Askren set for WW Grand Prix final in June, who you fancy?

Askren has looked great, raw as hell but he's so powerful and controlling. In a few years i think he'll be a handful for anybody. Hornbuckle on the otherhand is one of MMA's great unsung talents, i think he'll find a way to win here, maybe he'll catch a submission off his back, but i think it's gonna be a great final.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Bumped this for Bellator 23.

Anyone saw this yet?

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

The knock out of Rosi Sexton by Zoila Frausto was fucking nasty stuff.

Shame to see Sexton lose like that but what a finish from Zoila.

Also Joe Warren and Alexander Shlemenko took the tournament finals in their weight classes.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Bumped this for Bellator 23.

Anyone saw this yet?

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

The knock out of Rosi Sexton by Zoila Frausto was fucking nasty stuff.

Shame to see Sexton lose like that but what a finish from Zoila.

Also Joe Warren and Alexander Shlemenko took the tournament finals in their weight classes.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Here is

Huge upset, and by all accounts this has cost Sexton a place in next season's 115lb Women's Tournament. That was looking a stacked tournament with Sexton, Megumi Fujii, Jessica Pene and the recently announced Aisling Daly from Ireland. Poor Rosi :(

Edited by Magnum Milano

• Paid Members

can't believe Schlemenko beat Baker, Schlemenko style shoudn't work, he throw spinning punches like everyone else throws jabs but it's so effective. I expected Baker to just outpower him because there was a big size difference but Schlemenko just caught him and it was game over.

Joe Warren is easy to hate and during that first round ive got to admit i was loving it, he was getting schooled everywhere. I think Pitbull blew his load a little though and one Warren got the takedowns in 2 and 3 he dominated without really coming close to finishing. 29-28 was a fair score, but the first round could easily have been 10-8, the fight would have been over if there was 5 seconds more. Warren is raw as hell and he's a bit of a cunt, but he's got heart there's no denying that.

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

Yeah hope Sanchez vs Grove doesn't go too long,can't see it going any longer than the 2nd.Should be fun while it lasts.

Love watching Hector Lombard too and I'm a bit of a Megumi Fujii fan so I'm looking forward to seeing her back in Bellator.

It's always worth sticking with Bellator,I'll deffo be watching the next season.I'm a big mark for tournaments and Bellator has done fucking great with that format in past seasons.The last one was weaker but they can't all be home runs.I'm expecting a return to from next season.

• Paid Members

Well Bellator appears to be back on track after a slightly disappointing season last time.

Hector Lombard was impressive again making short work of Goodman.Looking forward to Lombard vs Shlemenko.Lombard challenging Josh Barnett made me chuckle.

Megumi Fujii looked good,Esparza was game but as the fight wore on she was out of her depth.It was always a mismatch but Fujii got the job done.Fujii's obviously favourite to take the tournament but hopefully she'll get more of a test against next time.

And shit...Neil Grove totally demolished Eddie Sanchez.As soon as he hurt him he never let up.Very nice Bellator debut for Grove,couldn't have gone better for him.

Jessica Aguilar's quick submission win was nice too.

A really fun bunch of fights,already looking forward to the next show.

• Paid Members

Oh and I posted this in the MMA news thread already but since this is the Bellator thread....

Roger Huerta will be fighting Eddie Alvarez in a non title fight in October at Bellator 33.Pat Curran is injured so Huerta has replaced him.Good shit.

• Paid Members

yeh, very good little first show.

Neil Grove has arrived in Bellator...holy fuck, that was destruction. Grove probably looked better than ever, although he's always been a wild fighter he looked a lot more composed on the feet, technique looked much better. Grove might not be one of the best fighters in the world but he is one of the best finishers.

I enjoyed both Women's fights! Jujii/Esparza especially, Fujii is fun to watch.

Hector Lombard's path of destruction continues...devastating.

glad we got to see Yves Edwards/Luis Palomino too, decent little fight and a nice surprise at the end. Edwards pretty much fought it out safe and picked up a decision, Palomino is a guy who clearly loves to brawl but Edwards never really gave him a chance too. Had to love Palomino's flying spin kick effort at the end of round 2 though, he always knocked himself out.

• Paid Members

Bellator got their wish!

i'm pretty sure they were hoping they'd end up with Huerta/Alvarez, but Curran spoilt the party. Thankfully we get to see it though, Huerta/Alvarez could be the fight of the year.