Other MMA Shows

Egg Shen

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Thoroughly enjoyed Cage Warriors last night, and it's wonderful to see local lad, Ian Garry, keep on keeping on, as below:

And then Miller went and stitched Cartwright a few loafs...apparently. I know he was warned earlier in the fight, but my goodness, he hardly Zidane'd the lad:

And the lad I get mistaken for around Swords, Dublin more than I - and probably he - would like, James Webb got a hiding. 

• Paid Members

was about to post about it in the UK MMA thread but here will do @Scott Malbranque😉

Yeh was an excellent show. I watched Thursdays and Fridays shows live and im not lying when i say that genuinely enjoyed them as much as any MMA show ive seen in a long time. Maybe it was the change of scenery compared to watching the cookie cutter (albeit a perfect cookie) UFC presentation every week? but i really enjoyed em.

Ian Garry has stolen the weekend so far (theres one more show tonight). Every now and then a UK name stands out from the pack and makes you take notice before you've even seen them fight. Garry is one of those fighters, theres definitely something special happening there. The guy says all the right things too.

The actual fight was viral highlight perfection. It was all over Twitter last night, even the ESPN MMA page retweeted it. Expect to see Garry on some top media outlets next week.

The Cartwright/Miller fight was bonkers. The DQ was the right call for me. I dont think they were intentional but he kept throwing his ground and pound in the same way, just barmy. Miller was comfortably headed to an upset world title win too.

Get on the Ian Garry train with me and @Scott Malbranquebefore it heads to the UFC 🚂

Here was the best highlight from night 1, this was abit of an upset too. Ben Ellis is a Welshman with a bit of buzz behind him, he got done by some spinny shit:

• Paid Members

Wouldn’t worry about it Scott. I forget there’s a UK show thread half the time myself. I think anyone avoiding spoilers would stay clear of this thread anyway until they’ve watched it.

I’ve really fallen off with Cage Warriors which is a shame because I’ve always enjoyed them when I’ve watched. I just about keep on top of all the UFC, Boxing and Bellator so I rarely seem to get around to anything else. I’ve seen Garry’s name pop up a few times though so I’ll try and catch up on some of his stuff. 

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

Wouldn’t worry about it Scott. I forget there’s a UK show thread half the time myself. I think anyone avoiding spoilers would stay clear of this thread anyway until they’ve watched it.

Yeah, dont worry Scott, i was only messing 😁

Yeah, its worth a look wand. getting able to watch live at a decent hour 100% helps with the enjoyment factor.

Id watch the show live tonight, but it'll clash with the Wales/France game so i'll catch up.

Here's the two main fights this evening:

IMG_20210320_093648.thumb.jpg.a37d13d5465791119ecf8f98f645c1d3.jpg

IMG_20210320_093636.thumb.jpg.934524a734bab062e2ac1fbcaba95abd.jpg

• Paid Members

Where do yous watch Cage Warriors now, is it Fight Pass exclusive these days? They used to be on BT Sport didn’t they? That probably explains why my viewing has dwindled. I used to just set the Sky+, whereas I tend forget to fire up the old Fight Pass until it’s too late and I’ve walked into spoilers like Conor McGregor walks into calf kicks. 

That Jordan Vucenic is from my town so I'm hoping he gets the win tonight. His last fight to get the title match was a bit of 50/50 so I'm not sure he's got enough to win the title just yet but I'm pulling for him. 

Just a shame there's no fans because I'm sure he'd get a few thousand going to see him. 

Edited by Dzeko10

• Paid Members

yeh, hes got a tough fight tonight. Charriere is abit of star in his own right. Apparently he's a bit of a celebrity and had a big youtube following. People were surprised he re-signed with Cage Warriors as they'd expected him to goto the UFC but the plan apparently is to have him headline a Cage Warriors show in Paris. Pandemic ballsed that up though for now.