Other MMA Shows

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

back on the subject of KSW 47, ive only just found out its streaming live in the US on DAZN, so theres a decent chance an English version may show up online at some point.

Theres the fight card, some notable names there. The guy challenging Phil De Fries for the heavyweight title is the KSW 205lb champ whos coming off two wins over Mamed Khalidov.

• Paid Members

an English version never surfaced anywhere so i didnt watch it, read a few reports though and the highlight of the night was undoubtably this...what a kick!

Janikowski the bloke getting starched is KSW Olympic golden boy (Greco Roman Bronze medalist) seems he's tochave gone abit Aaron Pico, 3-2 now.

• Paid Members

just a few days away from the big One FC show featuring the debuts of Alvarez and Mighty Mouse, also the first show to get any kind of American advertising and media push...

KgFtVhM.jpg

anyone tuning in?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

Ha, literally JUST posted about that in the Random Shit thread. Yushin Okami’s on the prelims as well. I’ll give it a look if I get time. I don’t want to miss a Mighty Mouse fight and Folayang vs Alvarez sounds like fun. 

• Paid Members

look no further than the PFL. A few years back i think that would have been a big deal and id have been all over it. Now it just goes by unnoticed, my social media is full of combat sports and i never even see results posted for it.

• Paid Members

ONE spoiler...

Eddie Alvarez pulled off an incredible comeback against Folayang. Was getting beat up, dropped, seemed to injure his leg, then hit a sweet sweep out of nowhere and locked the rear naked choke in for the tap.

I stumbled across the Mighty Mouse fight. 

His opponent, who was much bigger than him, gave him a bit of bother early on and clearly won the first frame. Johnson had to rally at the end of the 2nd round and throughout the 3rd round to secure the decision. It's a different world in the far east.  

Edited by jimufctna24

• 2 weeks later...

A preview of Horiguchi's fight this weekend:

Rizin's "Confessions" videos are well-produced and often captivating. I would recommend Rizin Confessions 29, which covers the first fight between Horiguchi and Caldwell. Horiguchi provides a running commentary on the fight, and there is also some backstage footage thrown in as well.

• Paid Members

I've just been checking Horiguchi's record, and wow - he's really done well since leaving the UFC, hasn't he? 10-0 in three years since he left, and 13-0 since he lost to DJ. It's a shame BWs don't tend to get the big money, because if he was LW or heavier I'm sure Bellator or ONE would've thrown a big contract at him by now - especially Bellator, for the Mouse rematch.

Aye.

Moreover, he's not really a BW. He's actually a natural Flyweight. He cuts zero weight to make the BW weight limit. When he fought Caldwell, who is a massive BW and is now moving up to Featherweight, he was at a massive size disadvantage. Yet, Horiguchi still managed to beat him twice. 

Kyoji has worked very hard with ATT since the first fight with Mighty Mouse, and has improved greatly as a fighter. Nevertheless, despite training in America, he seems happier to fight in Japan and only make occasional visits to the States to fight in Bellator. He left the UFC partially because he felt he would be paid better in Japan, but also because both his childhood trainer and Kid Yamamoto were battling cancer. Since then, he's become focused on helping Japanese MMA and Rizin grow. 

I'm not sure whether he'll ever become the name or draw that Yoshida and others were in the mid-2000s. But he's probably the best MMA fighter that Japan has ever produced. Only Yamamoto in his prime and Sakuraba (in terms of his importance to the sport) come close to him. 

Edited by jimufctna24