Other MMA Shows

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

well i did plan on watching the ACB show from Nottingham, but it seems like the only feed of the show had both the Russian and English commentary audible at the same time making it pretty much unbearable to watc. Rookie hour.

• Paid Members

I bring up the bare knuckle stuff that happens in the UK from time to time. Now the yanks are getting in on the action.

Sometimes there seems to be shows that pop up that you just think "this is a one and done job", stuff like IFL and that show where Roy Jones fought a fan. This one has a similar feel, but it's bonkers enough and has enough fighters involved that I know to draw my interest. Chuck in that it's live on Fite PPV and i have enough free credits to buy it. I think I'm gonna have to watch it.

bkb-photo.png

The card isn't set in stone from what I can gather but names like Joe Riggs, Ricco Rodriguez, Phil Baroni, Bobby Gunn, Eric Prindle, Johnny Bedford and DJ Lindemann are being tossed about.

...oh and Art Davie is involved. This is gonna be a car crash isn't it?

Yeah he mentions the cage as not something you would have in a real fight, so I guess his house doesn't have walls, I've seen real fights in pubs, houses & parks etc and they are usually over within 20 seconds (unless it's a team of people)

• Paid Members

Where does he draw the line? So many things in MMA you wouldn't have in a real fight - weight classes, gloves, sports gear, any rules at all. Does he want them fighting with whatever weapons come to hand as well? And to keep things authentic, they shouldn't bother with training or diets, because most real fights don't involve that. No rounds, either.

Basically just film two blokes down the pub. Wouldn't cost much, and if they killed each other it probably wouldn't cost anything. Fuck's sake.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Rogan just wants any kind of spectator friendliness taken out of it. He's dead against stand ups too. I see his point, but again from the perspective of the paying audience that just isnt a good thing.

As for that Bare Knuckle event, i didnt catch it because i couldnt fit it in but all reports indicate that it was actually pretty good. Highlights i saw showed a pretty decent level of production too, i thought it would be an utter shit show. There were several KOs too which is what you would hope for, bare knuckle events can sometimes not live upto the hype due to a more strategic approach to punching. Props to em.

Edited by Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Pro Fighters League starts up this Thursday (Formerly the World Series of Fighting). Im still not 100% sure of how the concept works, but its some kind of tournament deal which could be pretty cool.

Events seem to be every 2 weeks and i like the fact that they run on Thursday, means its something that wont be lost amongst the UFC fights on Saturdays. No mention of a UK TV deal but the first 7 fights of the card airs on facebook and then 5 air on NCBSN in the States (should be easy to find if you know where to look).

Lk55Ual.jpg

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/mmajunkie.com/2018/04/pfl-1-andre-harrison-jumabieke-tuerxun-12-bout-lineup/amp

card is in the link ^ its pretty solid, lots of UFC and Bellator vets added in with a few names PFL clung onto when the UFC raided their champs (Lance Palmer, Andre Harrison).

...and lets not forget Jared Rosholt is fighting on this muthafucker. Everyone loves Jared Rosholt!

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

Well I ain't seen shit of the PFL yet but show 3 goes down tonight. The line up, like the first two is solid with a lot of UFC/Bellator vets. Really need to start dipping into this stuff, my MMA consumption has taken a massive bit this year and I ain't happy about it.

lhls7G9.jpg

Jake Shields vs. Ray Cooper III

Abubaker Nurmagomedov vs. Pavel Kusch

Rick Story vs. Yuri Villefort

Shamil Gamzatov vs. Eddie Gordon

John Howard vs. Gasan Umalatov

Undercard (MMA Fighting at 5:45 p.m. ET)

Herman Terrado vs. Magomed Magomedkerimov

Joao Zerferino vs. Paul Bradley

Bruno Santos vs. Sadibou Sy

Louis Taylor vs. Anderson Goncalves

Rex Harris vs. Andre Lobato

Danillo Villefort vs. Abuspiyan Magomedov

Bojan Velickovic vs. Jonatan Westin

• Paid Members

Well i watched the main card of PFL 3, it was a really good show with a real solid presentation. Production wise it follows along the lines of the WSOF. Great to see Randy Couture on commentary, really missed his presence in recent years. Bas Rutten was there and continues to be the absolute drizzling shits.

As for PFL concept, i quite like it, its not overly complicated i just aint sure people will rally behind the fighters and follow the concept, these type of things historically dont do very well.

The highlight of the card was definitely the main event, Ray Cooper III absolutely descimated Jake Shields. Shields might be past his prime but hes still a bit of a nightmare to fight, Cooper shut Shields down completely and damn near KO'd him before the ref pulled him off in round 2. Crazily, Shields has gone 1-1 with Ray Cooper III's dad in the past. Surely the first person fight a father and son in MMA? 

Cooper III looks legit though, proper throwback Hawaiin fighter, big power and absolute tank at 170. His record isnt stellar but in definitely on board to see him fight again.

Bellator have named the first few fighters for their upcoming welterweight tournament, including their current WW champion Rory MacDonald, Douglas Lima and Andrey Koreshkov, Michael Page, Neiman Gracie, Ed Ruth, and Yaroslav Amosov, Lorenz Larkin and Jon Fitch.

That will be quite the step-up in competition for MVP if he wants to win the tournament.

(Source: https://www.mmafighting.com/platform/amp/2018/7/17/17582306/bellator-announces-10-man-welterweight-tourney-field-including-rory-macdonald-mvp-douglas-lima)

ACB have cancelled there last 3 shows, so they could be in trouble & Vadim & M1 are finally working with the UFC, they will be basically a talent scout for them in Eastern Europe & M1 champions will be free to join the UFC. So big changes in Russian MMA.