Other MMA Shows

Egg Shen

Just now, Egg Shen said:

Unless One are paying him some serious coin for whatever position they want him in. Assume he'll be doing something similar to what Rich Franklin does.

Yeah, but Franklin left because he simply didn't have it at the top level anymore. He was 38 years old. Askren is still young, and has more to prove. I think we'll see him in the cage again.

• Paid Members

Nathaniel Wood defends his Bantam Weight title for the first time the weekend after next:

DC1g_nlXoAA0XuH.jpg

I don't really know Josh Reed but he's 7-0 with 6 finishes and the last 3 of those were in Cage Warriors. Wood can only be a couple of wins away from a UFC call up at this point too.

I quite fancy going along but the cheap tickets are standing and I can't be arsed with the back ache. :p

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

might bite the bullet and check out my first Road FC show this weekend, the shows air free on youtube/fite so it's easily accesible:

TQMHQnh.jpg

I see a bunch of highlights after each show, they always seem like fun shows to watch...one added feature is Dong Sik-Yoon vs. Minowaman. That's a old Pride dream match right there. Two true cult figures of MMA, especially Yoon. He had a horrendous start of his MMA career but was one of those guys who was thrown to the wolves from the off, he rebounded though hand rolled off some cracking wins, Yoon by Dong-Bar was a common thread on the Sherdog forums back in the day. It's Minowman's 111th recorded pro bout.

I might not watch the whole show but i'll try seeing those top few fights.

The dream match from around 17 + years ago is finally happening Frank Shamrock Vs Kazubi Sakuraba at a Rizin event, granted it's only a grappling match but this could have been the two best p4p around 1999 when Frank was beating Tito & Sakuraba was beating the Gracie's. Dan Henderson has had to pull out apparently.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

1dLUF8L.jpg

Rizin is today (it may have already happened). I really wanna get on board with Rizin but a female grand prix is not the way to get me interested, im about done with female MMA. There's a few things there im intersted in though, the Shamrock/Sakuraba grappling match and Jerome Le Banner fighting MMA again.

Wonder if Rizin are planning a NYE spectacular?

• Paid Members

Just watching ACB from last night. If you're avoiding spoilers for that...tough shit, why you in here? :p 

Anyway, in the heavyweight opener this fucker popped up.

djzJP.jpg

Bakary Sakho. 6'5", 233lbs, 25 years old. Canadian from Senegal and was making his MMA debut but he's 16-0 as a kickboxer. Both his mother and father were Tae Kwon Do fighters and his uncle a Capoeira fighter. 

He was fighting this fat bloke called Blake Nash. Also Canadian with a 3-2 record. 

Full fight here (doesn't take long);

Obviously it's very, very early days. But a fucking spinning hook kick knockout in your MMA debut! Not bad. Plus he looks terrifying, carries himself like a champ etc. One to definitely keep an eye on. Could see the UFC picking him up sharpish if he continues how he's started. 

• Paid Members

it's hard not see a big muscular heavyweight win by KO and not get excited, i'll be keeping an eye on that guy.

Rizin came and went, i skipped it cause i couldn't handle the amount of women fighting but the highlight to take away from me was probably Kawajiri making his 135lb debut and getting knocked into next week. You have to feel the end is nigh for Kawajiri, a Japanese legend but it's sad to see his career going on such a skid.

Rizin are putting together a NYE spectacular type affair the same as last year where a 135b tournament will start on the 29th and conclude on the 31st, i'll start a thread for that when it comes closer because i always enjoy following them things in.

Anyway's here's a show i am interested in...KSW 40 from Ireland is this Sunday. I imagine they're running in Sunday to avoid the UFC running Poland on Saturday. That works for me though, it's an online PPV and im thinking of purchasing it.

ksw40_900x507700.jpg

M. Pudzianowski  vs.  James McSweeney 265 lbs

Mateusz Gamrot  vs.  Norman Parke 155 lbs - Lightweight Title Fight

Maciej Jewtuszko  vs.  David Zawada 170 lbs

Michał Materla  vs.  Paulo Thiago 185 lbs

Ariane Lipski  vs.  Mariana Morais 125 lbs - Flyweight Title Fight

Konrad Iwanowski  vs.  Paul Lawrence 170 lbs

Michał Fijałka  vs.  Chris Fields 205 lbs

Łukasz Chlewicki  vs.  Paul Redmond 145 lbs

Anzor Azhiev  vs.  Antun Račić 135lb

They've got the Ireland vs. Poland thing thrown in there a few times with some recognisable names, a freakish main event (always good), Paulo Fucking Thiago! I'm liking it.

• Paid Members

I saw something like that as well :( I haven't watched it, not sure I'll bother. Might be best just leaving that one as a dream fight in the imagination. 17/18 years ago is when those two should've met. 

Edited by wandshogun09