Other MMA Shows

Egg Shen

On 06/07/2017 at 7:48 PM, seanz25 said:

They've moved an upcoming show from the US to Sheffield weirdly. Sheffield arena too. Green Day played there the other night for perspectives on size.

ACB is corrupt as shit though, it's a big money laundering scam, run by Russian mafia. Dodgy stuff. 

I had no idea about this, but for 20 quid, it looks like there's some real good value in the tickets. I'm pretty sure I'm going to go now.

On 06/07/2017 at 7:53 PM, Carbomb said:

I think they're run by Chechnyya's dictator, Ramzan Kadyrov. He's the piece of shit who's currently rounding up homosexuals and putting them in concentration camps. He's also suspected of having had Fedor's daughter beaten up in response to his criticism of ACB's child MMA fights.

EDIT: I see the_mole mentioned this earlier.

Ramzan Kadyrov runs Akhmat MMA not ACB.

Read a few dodgy things about ACB overturning commission decisions in the past. But not heard any other dodgy stuff going on. Went to there Glasgow event and loved it. Just fight after fight. No messing about.

• Paid Members
Just now, Ross18 said:

Ramzan Kadyrov runs Akhmat MMA not ACB.

Read a few dodgy things about ACB overturning commission decisions in the past. But not heard any other dodgy stuff going on. Went to there Glasgow event and loved it. Just fight after fight. No messing about.

I knew it was a promotional name with something vaguely Central Asian/Caucasus about it. That said, I should've remembered. Thanks for the correction.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Melvin Guillard got KO'd again today over in Oz against top ranked Glory fighter Israel Adesanya (in an MMA fight). Brutal finish and more proof that Melvin needs to hang them up, what a sad turn his career has taken.

The 12th Eddie Bravo Invitational is Sunday night, and it's the first all female show. There is a 16-woman Flyweight tournament and a four-woman Combat Jiu-Jitsu Tournament.

10th Planet Jiu-Jitsu Qualifiers

Eddie Bravo Invitational 12 Countdown Show

If you haven't seen an EBI and are a fan of grappling and submissions, they are worth watching, and in my experience, the women often have better matches than the men so this EBI could be the best one yet.

Boxnation showed M1 & ACB last week, obviously as above ACB was in Sheffield but Vadim had some weird event outside in a republic in Russia I've never even heard of, there was mountains and stuff in the background.

Hendo Vs Sakuraba is on Rizin 7 don't get too nervous it's grappling only, I think Hendo should be too strong for him and he's been training sub defense for years but obviously Sakuraba can catch him with something, just glad it isn't a proper MMA fight with the damage both have taken.

• Paid Members

Nice, I'm up for Hendo vs Sakuraba if it's grappling only. 

I think the grappling match route is a cool way we get to see some of those kind of fantasy matchups without anyone getting beat down. There was that Jon Jones vs Hendo grappling match a while back as well which, despite being a mismatch, I got a kick out of it purely because it was the fight that killed UFC 151 back in the day. 

Yeah I worry about guys like Sakuraba even just doing New Japan, never seen him wrestle there but I know a lot of guys there hit their moves hard and they wrestle a lot of matches per year. 

Grappling only is good for old guys to compete with less risk of getting concussed but I couldn't watch a full card of it, would be boring as fuck.

• Paid Members

Imagine a Brock Lesnar vs Gabi Garcia grappling match? I'd be genuinely and morbidly interested to see how that one would play out. Although it could well result in some mutant baby being the result. 

Brazzers...I mean Rizin, book it!