Other MMA Shows

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

I've never seen an Invicta show, the thought of watching a whole show of women's MMA doesn't really appeal to me as much of a shit that makes me sound.

ACB has a decent looking show lined up for Poland this weekend though...

ACB_63.jpg

ACB churn out shows but every few shows they put on a show with recognisable names. This show does and it's free on youtube/fite tv so i'll try catching the top end of the card.

This weekend also marks the debut of the re-branded WSOF, the Proffesional Fighters League:

PFL_1.jpg

A Jon Fitch main event, everybody's gonna wanna watch that right?

from what i can gather the PFL show will be streamed live on the Fite TV app, so that's pretty cool.

• Paid Members

Melvin Guillard fought and lost in a bareknuckle fight Saturday, dropping a decision of Jimmy McSweeney.

MiddleEasy does a better job of breaking it down than i ever could, so follow the link (terrible video inside).

http://middleeasy.com/mma-news/video-melvin-guillard-fails-bid-become-bare-knuckle-boxing-champion/

What happened to Melvin?

Edited by Egg Shen

ACB was on Boxnation live, while I'm happy guys are getting paid, the owner is a tit, he said they got offered a Nike deal but he turned it down because he agrees with Manny Pacquiaous idiotic homosexual views. I think they also allowed the Chechen dictator have his kids beat up other kids and gave them big trophies.

• Paid Members

Youtube and the Fite App (very cool app worth checking if you haven't already). I still ain't seen ACB yet and ive avoided spoilers. I hadn't read much about any political stuff behind the scenses though, i did read that last weekends show was meant to be in the UK but was switched to Poland after issues that came from ACB's last show in England, i aint sure what went wrong though.

• Paid Members
21 hours ago, lightningxlock said:

Was World Series of Fighting any cop? Literally saw absolutely zilch from the promotion

like any other promotion depended on the fights, the production and tv coverage was good though, Bas Rutten stinking it up on commentary but most people seem to like that.

I saw the majority of the promotion and the best thing that came out it was Justin Gaethje, he went 10-0 in the promotion and had some crazy fights (check the series with Luis Palomino). A lot of the time the WSOF picked up UFC cast-off's (some of which were fighters that didn't have big reputations for being crowd pleasers), people like Jon Fitch, Jake Shields, Yushin Okami all found a home there and all seem pretty content so imagine they treat their fighters pretty well.

I'll go through the fight listings and pick out some other fights if you're interested.

• Paid Members

Jon Fitch scored his first stoppage win in over 10 years (10 fucking years!) to beat Brian Foster in the PFL, didn't see it but sounded a good 2 round scrap by all accounts.

10 years!

On 7/3/2017 at 5:51 PM, Egg Shen said:

Youtube and the Fite App (very cool app worth checking if you haven't already). I still ain't seen ACB yet and ive avoided spoilers. I hadn't read much about any political stuff behind the scenses though, i did read that last weekends show was meant to be in the UK but was switched to Poland after issues that came from ACB's last show in England, i aint sure what went wrong though.

They've moved an upcoming show from the US to Sheffield weirdly. Sheffield arena too. Green Day played there the other night for perspectives on size.

ACB is corrupt as shit though, it's a big money laundering scam, run by Russian mafia. Dodgy stuff. 

• Paid Members

I think they're run by Chechnyya's dictator, Ramzan Kadyrov. He's the piece of shit who's currently rounding up homosexuals and putting them in concentration camps. He's also suspected of having had Fedor's daughter beaten up in response to his criticism of ACB's child MMA fights.

EDIT: I see the_mole mentioned this earlier.

Edited by Carbomb

• Paid Members

Well, Gabi Garcia is back in the game.

She fought over in Japan today against a strawweight fighter in a kickboxing match...bear in mind Garcia is a heavyweight.

DECw6tUUAAE2cPN.jpg

The fight happened anyway and was ruled a no contest because twice Garcia soccer kicked her downed opponent, not even a DQ!

It's all abit of a joke really isn't it. Don't get me wrong, i fucking love a freakshow fight between men, but the Gabi Garcia thing is just very weird, she's like a female Bob Sapp.

• Paid Members

Jesus Christ Japan! That's mental :laugh: 

Really though, how is that any worse than Takase vs Yarbrough in Pride or any of fights of that ilk over there? Same shit, different gender. It's mad that it's still happening in 2017 but that's Japan for you. I hope they never change. Weird bastards. 

• Paid Members

if you want to talk about equal rights and all that kind of stuff you'd have to say it's the same, but there's just something not quite right about seeing tiny women fed to that monster:laugh: