Other MMA Shows

Egg Shen

Money laundering most likely from ACB, the UFC being involved with M1 before other perhaps richer competitors probably is surprising but M1 doesn't have links to dodgy oligarchs, the FNG one (Khabibs mate) is in jail for tax evasion right now and as much as he probably hurt Fedor joining the UFC, Vadim doesn't have public links to these guys.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Dunno if i'll get around to seeing it myself but i thought id put in a heads up that Rizin 11 happens tomorrow...

dckwvj6oziw01.jpg

ONLINE PPV CARD
Kanna Asakura vs. Rena Kubota
Kyoji Horiguchi vs. Hiromasa Ogikubo
Jiri Prochazka vs. Bruno Cappelozza
Takanori Gomi vs. Melvin Guillard
Satoru Kitaoka vs. Diego Brandao
Shoma Shibisai vs. Unurjargal Boldpurev
Rin Nakai vs. Shizuka Sugiyama
Saori Ishioka vs. Miyuu Yamamoto
Tadaaki Yamamoto vs. Thanongsaklek Tiger Muay Thai
Daron Cruickshank vs. Tom Santos

A few names stand out but i really do need to get familiar with the regulars Rizin are putting on, not a show goes past that doesnt throw up a bunch of highlight reel finishes.

• 4 months later...
  • Paid Members

The PFL holds its Grand Finals on New Years Eve...

1540836871905_pfl_101918_schedule_dl_16x

Thats how it stacks up, 6 tournament finals, $1million prize money to each winner so the stakes are pretty high. 

Really enjoyed what ive seen from the PFL, i only watched 2 shows but i caught highlights and it came off real well, the concept worked too when usually stuff like that fails in MMA. I'll be catching this one. It wont air live in the UK but every full show goes up on their facebook page a day or two afterwards (under the page PFL MMA Live, nice and spoiler free).

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

Du4MpHdWkAAntj9.jpg:large

way off yet, but the show above is the One FC card where Eddie Alvarez and Mighty Mouse will debut. Im pretty sure theres some sort of TV deal in place to start with that card and there'll be some big promotional campaign. Probably the best time to hop on board with One FC.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/2/27/18242841/missed-fists-everyone-getting-kod-at-road-fc-plus-one-vicious-kick-to-the-armpit

Check out the clips in this article on MMA Fighting of some of the finishes in recent fights on some shows from ONE, ROAD, Combate and some others. There's back spectacular spinning heel kick finish somewhere towards the bottom of the article. 

The very first clip, the flying knee from the ROAD Lightweight final, there's a few comments in the article about that knee having killed the fella that was on the recieving end of it. Has anyone heard anything else about what happened afterwards? 

• Paid Members

That card is bound to be longer than a WrestleMania show. 16 fights, including four title fights? Craziness. The main event, the bantamweight world title, and Alvarez and DJ's debuts are probably all worth going out of our way to see though. 

• Paid Members

You’ve also got Andy Souwer, who’s a kickboxing legend on there. And Garry Tonon, who’s one of the best grapplers about, jumped into MMA last year and has gone 3-0 so far. 

It’s a really good card that. But yeah, it’ll be a long as fuck one as well. It’s the first ONE card that I really fancy watching most of it though. Usually there’s a certain fight or fighter on there I want to see and I’ll just track that one fight down. With this, I think I’ll be making the effort to try to watch the whole main card at least. 

• Paid Members

yeh, i think it'll be a card that a lot of people jump on board on. Its the first show broadcast in Amercia as part of their new TV deal too. 

oh, and Vitor Belfort has signed with them.

Edited by Egg Shen

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Mariuz Pudzianowski is fighting again this weekend for KSW, against a former Polish weight-lifting champion. So it's a battle of two of the former strongest men in the world from different sports, right up KSW's alley. Chuck Mindenhall has written an article on MMA fighting about it, that has a good build up video at the bottom, the likes of which seem to be KSW's bread and butter. They get a lot of plaudits for their VT and show production. 

https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/3/21/18272974/ten-years-and-20-fights-later-strongman-mariusz-pudzianowski-is-still-rolling-strong-at-ksw

• Paid Members

yeh, id love to watch KSW regular. Their production level isnt far off UFC standard. They could really do with a UK TV deal though, the shows are streamed via PPV at the moment for a tenner or so, but they never fall right for me to tune in live though. The English version never pops up online afterwards either, its always Polish which puts me off.

Props to Pudz though, i dont think anyone believed he'd have 20 fights when he started.