Other MMA Shows

Egg Shen

Anyone catch KSW? I saw the two main events, Pudzianowski fight was a laugh for as long as it lasted. God almighty is he jacked. You can see even in the clunky way that guy moves he's on a ton of juice. Just such an awkward but enjoyable fight to see. Manowski/Maguire fight was one of the most one sided affairs I've seen all year, not seen either guy fight before but Manowski looks the business based on what I've heard/read and seen tonight. Maguire defended alright for a bit but offered fuck all else. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

This tournament has completely shit itself in the last month with Wanderlei and Carwin dropping out. Those two gassed to the gills was the most imteresting thing on it other than the Wanderlei/Cro Cop fight.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Apparently David Branch, Justin Gaethe & Marlos Moraes are leaving WSOF and probably on their way to the UFC, that's 4 champions (Branch is a 2 weight champion) WW champ Jon Fitch is looking to retire, so basically most of their champions are leaving.

They do plan to have a show in March to crown a BW champion as well as a HW Title fight but the NBC deal runs out this year and they are probably looking to cut costs (most of their champion get around $100,000 to show and that's not great when your doing 200,000 in the ratings and struggling to fill small arenas)

Thread starter RFA is no more, they merged rosters with Legacy and are now called LFA and run basically every Friday night.

I'm guessing they will have to take pay cuts, the champions, Bellator don't seem to want them and the UFC doesn't need them but obviously if they keep winning they will make more money.

I have no idea were Jake Shields & Yushin Okami would go, the UFC cut them and they have lost since and Bellator generally go for exciting fighters or guys who can talk well. perhaps they do a Matt Lindland and just fight for whoever wants to pay money for you.

• Paid Members

Yeh, the Champions are in a bit of a tough spot because despite the limited exposure the WSOF has looked after their Champions. Lance Palmer talked about wanting to goto the UFC but i believe he stayed in WSOF primarily for the money.

Phil Davis can talk well, sure he's not a great shit talker but he talks well.

His little presidential speeches were decent, it didn't really work with the ratings but he's good in that capacity or on a sports network but I think Spike mainly stick to Viacom to build fights.

• Paid Members

Phil Davis is an incredibly frustrating fighter to watch. He's so gifted from an athletic standpoint that you just imagine he's capable of so much more but he never seems to have any real intention of getting in an actual fight, he definitely approaches fighting from the standpoint of get in and get out whilst taking as little damage as possible, nothing wrong with that, but it doesn't translate into much good from in terms of entertainment. Not really sure who Bellator have lined up for him next, the only real decent contenders have fights lined up... im thinking they bring in Ryan Bader and do Bader/Davis 2. There'll be grumbles galore but i like that idea.